Zone1 Has God turned the USA (and other countries) over to a reprobate mind?

I'm not sure I get the main point of this

please explain

Well, your understanding may depend on your relationship with God ...

My point is that Mankind has a propensity to assume that God may be punishing them ...
When the suffering of one or many, may very well be the result of their own actions or choices, and not the result of Divine Judgement.

There is nothing Divine about Mankind or its Laws.

Well, your understanding may depend on your relationship with God ...

My point is that Mankind has a propensity to assume that God may be punishing them ...
When the suffering of one or many, may very well be the result of their own actions or choices, and not the result of Divine Judgement.

There is nothing Divine about Mankind or its Laws.

false dichotomy

Why c an't it be both?

when we sin we BOTH suffer the consequences that naturally come from the sin

AND

incur God's wrath

what the hell? I can't believe a Catholic would say that. But then again, you have been novus-ordo-ized so that explains it.

The novus ordo is not the true Catholic Church. Anyone who has studied the matter would come to thesame conclusion
Don't be silly. Please. Which faith wrote the Old Testament? In which language? It is not as if sexual misconduct is not a sin, but being inhospitable to strangers, especially travelers. Traveling could be a dangerous undertaking, besides people requiring food and water.

No one is saying that God was giving other sins a pass, merely that the inhospitably of the cities was known.

false dichotomy

Why c an't it be both?

when we sin we BOTH suffer the consequences that naturally come from the sin

AND

incur God's wrath

I didn't say it could or couldn't be both ... I simply suggested that my relationship with God doesn't require Him to punish a Nation ...
Just so people can understand they are merely the victim of their own choices.

And speaking of God's Wrath ... If you want to argue with me about any of it to suit your earthly concerns or desires ...
You can skip me, and argue with Him ... Because I am damn sure not going to.

Whatever you need it to be, brother ... :auiqs.jpg:

Has God turned the US over to a reprobate mind? Is he punishing us for our immorality… our arrogance in thinking that we Americans are great and powerful due to our vast wealth and influence in the world (and therefore are entitled)?

Well… if you have to ask…

I say that yes, God is punishing us, and the punishment is going to get worse if we do not turn from our sins. God allows sin and its subsequent bitter detritus because WE allow it. It is actually sin that punishes, and God allows that to be so, not because He is—as we humans often feel or think—tyrannical or sadistic. No, He does this for our own good, to show us TRUTH and reality, to show us the pathway to Heaven. Jesus tells us that FEW make it there. Society would have you believe that everyone or virtually everyone gets there eventually. That is a huge LIE.

The reality is that we have all but forgotten God entirely, even as we continue attending Church services on Sunday, which practice many have dropped altogether.

I say God is fed up with all the fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, child molestations and child murder (abortion).

So yes, I say He has given us over to a reprobate mind, given us over to our own sinfulness. This is why we have elections in which such creeps as Warnock and Fetterman "win." I say they did not win legitimately, but I can't say I have proof of wrong-doing... just a lot of evidence that some states were corrupt in the 2020 presidential election and apparently remain so.

In any case, once again: God allows this kind of thing because we stupid (morally stupid) human beings allow it.

The Catholic Church used to teach that we can and should offer up our sufferings for reparation purposes: we offer up our sufferings in atonenment for our sins against a perfectly holy God. Cold weather? Offer it up for your sin of loving yourself too much (Who isn't guilty of that?). Bad neighbor? Offer it up for your own lack of charity toward (whomever), and I could go on and on.
My guess is it has started in that direction, many have been given over to a reprobate mind and it will worsen.

I see nothing which supports that there is a God, and plenty to support that there isn't...
Such as! My gosh the complexity of the human body, and nature itself both speak of an intelligent designer. What do you believe is responsible for everything that exists.

Don't be silly. Please. Which faith wrote the Old Testament? In which language? It is not as if sexual misconduct is not a sin, but being inhospitable to strangers, especially travelers. Traveling could be a dangerous undertaking, besides people requiring food and water.

No one is saying that God was giving other sins a pass, merely that the inhospitably of the cities was known.
They wanted to sodomize the angels

How can you possibly say that?
I grew up on a steady diet of fire and brimstone. I absolutely reject the wrathful God worshiped by fearful people. People should gain courage from their faith. Living in fear benefits only evil men who claim to speak in the name of God.

I grew up on a steady diet of fire and brimstone. I absolutely reject the wrathful God worshiped by fearful people. People should gain courage from their faith. Living in fear benefits only evil men who claim to speak in the name of God.
Two things I don't understand. First, why anyone would portray God in such a fashion. Second, why people don't search for the truth about God as He is.

Preach to yourself first and worry about other people's "sins" later.

I disagree considering the price paid.

Wrong.

Wanting to turn America into a rightwing authoritarian Christo-fascist theocratic dictatorship has nothing to do with your 'god.'
We want to save the country from the perverse democrat party, and all their letters, and abortion! Nobody mentioned a Christo-Fascist theocratic dictatorship, just whether God had taken his hand of blessing from the country! You are bigoted against Christians, how tolerant of you!

you really don't know Scrpture, do you?

the perverts were screaming at Lot to have his angel friend come out so they could have relations w/ him

Sometimes the Protestants have a point whne they say Catholics don't know scripture.

Forum List

Back