Has anyone here ever been to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I saw this place in a movie and I'm hooked on it now like it's cocaine.

It's an Indian reservation that the US Govt. took a ton of land from decades ago, and then the Havasupai tribe that inhabits it eventually won a lawsuit and got most of the land back from the government.

They turned it into a tourist attraction to keep their economy moving. Its the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. It's an oasis in the middle of rocky nowhereness.

I've found prices on lodging and other accomodations, and it seems like at least $1,000 should get you a nice vacation (If we road-trip it, which I'd actually prefer anyway), but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this place from personal experience.

We're already planning for this for the Spring time:

havasu-falls-arizona1.jpg

travel-business-havasu-falls1.jpg

Hav9.JPG

Hav8.JPG

127684353_791d8c5e82.jpg

Havasupai+and+Havasu+Falls+for+screen-saver.jpg

Yeah, I DVR'd the movie a while back and just watched it yesterday.

It certainly looks like an awesome place to go... Haven't been ther myself, but I did recognize the scenery from that movie....

If you go, make sure you post some pics!

I saw the image of the falls in the background of the scene, and the movie's dialogue mentioned the Grand Canyon, and I was like there's no WAY that's really in the Grand Canyon. I figured it was one of those foreign places where in the movie they pretend like it's somewhere else. So I looked it up and sure enough it was real.

I can't stop thinking about it now. I think this place trumps anywhere overseas that I hoped to see before I die.

The crazy thing is I've been the the GC more than a few times in my life, but I've never seen this place. It seems like a very affordable vacation.

I'll bring some vikes, or percs, or just some alcohol, and space out while I enjoy some of the best scenery I've ever seen. There's a lot of treacherous hiking though so I'll have to stay sober during the day :D

Yeah, I DVR'd the movie a while back and just watched it yesterday.

It certainly looks like an awesome place to go... Haven't been ther myself, but I did recognize the scenery from that movie....

If you go, make sure you post some pics!

I saw the image of the falls in the background of the scene, and the movie's dialogue mentioned the Grand Canyon, and I was like there's no WAY that's really in the Grand Canyon. I figured it was one of those foreign places where in the movie they pretend like it's somewhere else. So I looked it up and sure enough it was real.

I can't stop thinking about it now. I think this place trumps anywhere overseas that I hoped to see before I die.

The crazy thing is I've been the the GC more than a few times in my life, but I've never seen this place. It seems like a very affordable vacation.

I'll bring some vikes, or percs, or just some alcohol, and space out while I enjoy some of the best scenery I've ever seen. There's a lot of treacherous hiking though so I'll have to stay sober during the day :D

Now you're talkin'...:lol:

Forum List

Back