Guy is 27, still single and never dated.....

Haven't we all known socially awkward people?

Really none of our business whether they are virgins or not, whether they are straight or not.

Unless he is asking you for advise, or to set him up on dates- what does it matter?

Is he kind?

That is really the only question I have.

He is a good person. But he can be selfish and rude at times, but I'm not even sure he is aware he is being so if that makes sense.....

Selfish and rude at times? Most people are unaware when they are being selfish and rude.....

Well I've tried to give him advice.... so we'll just have to see. I have had family members say he might be gay but I'm just not seeing it. The social awkwardness is what I think is stopping him. I've suggested he seek counseling but not sure that is the right advice either....

Oh you know this man?

Yes! But not well enough to ask or know details etc.

Maybe if he's sometimes rude to people this isn't helping him.

Really none of our business whether they are virgins or not, whether they are straight or not.

Unless he is asking you for advise, or to set him up on dates- what does it matter?

Is he kind?

He is a good person. But he can be selfish and rude at times, but I'm not even sure he is aware he is being so if that makes sense.....
He may be on the autism spectrum that would explain his social impairment/difficulties to an extent.

Is he kind?

He may be on the autism spectrum that would explain his social impairment/difficulties to an extent.

I have suspected Aspergers......

.... would you make the assumption he is gay?
if not, what would you speculate?
is he fat ugly or fat?

no not fat.... not handsome, but socially awkward… not very outgoing or assertive…..

Socially awkward and perhaps not attractive, but these are no excuses to be 27 year-old virgin....I mean this is what hookers are for, or maybe he's a miser and doesn't want to pay for a hooker.

He needs to get laid, let's face it.
I remember my buddy was a 20 something virgin. I took him to an Asian bath house and we both got bj's. He's 40 now and dates dimes in their 20s.

All he needed was to know what he was missing.

is he fat ugly or fat?

no not fat.... not handsome, but socially awkward… not very outgoing or assertive…..

You could be perfectly describing me in my early adulthood, and even to some extent, now. Not particularly handsome, socially awkward, not outgoing or assertive. I dated very little, not because I didn't want to, but because I had a very difficult time getting women to be interested in me that way.

I see as miraculous—I literally and truly believe that divine intervention was involved—the circumstances that led to a woman being placed in my path who was willing to give me that chance, and which led to us very quickly forming a relationship that led to marriage. We've been married, now, for more than twenty years.

Based on what you've said so far, no, I would not think it rational to assume that the person you are describing is a homosexual, or that he is otherwise uninterested in female companionship. I would assume that he is very much as I was before Seanette came along, painfully desperate for such companionship and unable to obtain it.

Sounds like he has mommy issues. People socialize modeled after their parents. They treat others as
they were treated unless the individual has mental issues. The attraction to one's sexual object of desire is hormonal. The hormones dictate action in normal people unless they are brainwashed by religions or some similar twisted influence. Perceived guilt of evil thoughts or actions can overcome the natural desire.

The guy could have gay desires and not act on them out of guilt and shame.

You say he has desires to be with a woman? How does he know if he has never been with one?

From the description, I'd guess he was not an extravert. There is not enough data for any other assumptions.

doesn't make friends easily. Seems otherwise happy with life, does say he's like to have someone, but apparently not enough to try... or maybe afraid? Not sure how to approach?
Buy him a hooker to teach him the ropes

Not necessarily...20 years ago or more...most likely. But today? No.
There are a whooole lot of 20 something young males who still live like teenagers playing video games 15 hours a day and still working part-time jobs. Young men stuck in teenagery.
This is why there has been such a large increase in young girls dating/marrying MUCH older men. It is getting to be common place to see 20 something girls with men in their 40's.
My 25 year old daughter is really frustrated trying to find a mature man her age. She is very pretty, not just saying that as her dad...no...she is very attractive, gets plenty of offers but they usually pass by pretty fast. She does not want today's typical millennial man-child...immature, video game junkie, still lives at home or with the same roommate since college, pays DUTCH on dates and prefers the girl ti pick them up. I could go on.

Last edited:
Tell him this,

Ask every young woman you see to marry you. EVERY one.

by the end of the day, things will be fine. I mean, honestly, are we so soviet that a young man wanting to enthrall a young woman is wrong?

I'd assume he's a nerd.

probably very smart and imaginative, gets along very well with other guys like him but shuts down around anyone else.

If you bother to try and be his friend, and actually do so, he will be the most loyal of all your friends.

There are a whooole lot of 20 something young males who still live like teenagers playing video games 15 hours a day and still working part-time jobs. Young men stuck in teenagery.
This is why there has been such a large increase in young girls dating/marrying MUCH older men. It is getting to be common place to see 20 something girls with men in their 40's.
My 25 year old daughter is really frustrated trying to find a mature man her age. She is very pretty, not just saying that as her dad...no...she is very attractive, gets plenty of offers but they usually pass by pretty fast. She does not want today's typical millennial man-child...immature, video game junkie, still lives at home or with the same roommate since college, pays DUTCH on dates and prefers the girl ti pick them up. I could go on.
Young people cant afford a house you fucken idiot. Your poor daughter has to slut hersef to old buggers because GOP. Corrupt, bank loving, 1% ass sniffing GOP.

Young people cant afford a house you fucken idiot. Your poor daughter has to slut hersef to old buggers because GOP. Corrupt, bank loving, 1% ass sniffing GOP.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on you piece of shit.
Fuck you....my daughter slutting....you don't know me or my daughter you peon miserable low life.
You are obviously some low life unintelligent know nothing who would call a man's daughter a slut.
Go to hell

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on you piece of shit.
Fuck you....my daughter slutting....you don't know me or my daughter you peon miserable low life.
You are obviously some low life unintelligent know nothing who would call a man's daughter a slut.
Go to hell
It is what it seems.

Forum List

Back