Guns are to blame--not people.

Tryannical governments rarely have to disarm anyone... because they only happen when the people become awful.
Wow. Hitler only killed Jews when they became awful? Pol Pot only killed Cambodians because they became awful? Lenin only killed 20 million awful people?

Good thing for 60 million awful deplorables that Hillary didn't become president.

1) The Second Amendment is about Militias, not guns.
2) Yes, you absolutely should take away people's guns if they are dangerous.

The best argument for gun control is a conversation with a gun nut.

I can understand how you arrive at the mistaken opinion in your 1). Even so, even if the intent was about militias, then to make sure the militias are armed, the right to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed. It changes nothing.

The biggest problem in Ohio is that our gun laws simply are not strong enough. Domestic violence policy expert Julia Webber serves as the implementation director of the Gifford’s Law Center, a national organization striving to make America safer by working to end gun violence.

“So, unfortunately, and tragically, too many people who have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence and how often that’s been connected to use of firearms,” said Webber.

While federal laws are in place, the Gifford’s Law Center says Ohio doesn’t have any laws stopping people who are convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence from buying firearms or ammunition and the same goes for those who have domestic violence protective orders against them.

The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.

“We want to ensure that we actually allow for relinquishment, and surrender or seizure, if necessary, to ensure that those firearms are separated from someone who’s about to be violent,” Webber said.

When you ask leftists about the government taking our guns, they say nobody wants to take away your guns. Well here is a leftist that says they do.

What this kook is saying is that if your girlfriend or wife files a protection order against you, the government should be allowed to come to your home and take away your firearms even if no violence was involved. Simply get a protection order and that's all that should be needed to violate your constitutional rights. What is a misdemeanor domestic violence? I never heard of it, so I looked it up. Here is what I found for our state:

Threatening to cause harm to a family member or household member, even if you do not physically assault the person, can still result in a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

So if you tell your girlfriend or wife "Yeah, and I'll slap you around" you can be charged with this misdemeanor domestic violence law and have your firearms taken away just for that if it was up to this Julia Weber person.
So if your girl friend gets pissed at you and decides to leave you she can disarm you on her way out. It’s her word that you threatened her. To go along with that plan you would have to believe all women are totally honest and never would lie. Of course a man also could lie and disarm his ex-girlfriend too.

Oh, that myth about driving while black, as if police have nothing better to do. QUIT WATCHING MOVIES ON TELEVISION! You think television is reality.

I think reality is reality.

At 16 years old — before I took my driver's license test in Detroit — my father, Howard, asked me to sit down at the kitchen table in our home in a middle-class neighborhood on the city's East Side for "The Talk," which many Black fathers were having (and still have) with their sons and daughters across America.

If I was pulled over, my father told me, I shouldn't make any sudden moves and I should keep my hands on the steering wheel; he said that I should have my driver's license and insurance card easily available and that I should answer questions respectfully.

As time passed, my worst fears as a teenager were realized: I saw the flashing lights of a police squad car in the rearview mirror, and I was pulled over. Two white police officers stood on either side of my mother's car with their hands on their hips, inches from their guns. Neighbors looked on; I felt like a criminal.

It has nothing to do with being cooped up. Why would being cooped up have anything to do with people leaving their homes and committing murder? People cooped up in white suburbs don't do that.

Most murders are domestic violence. You coop people up for long periods of time, they are more likely to get on each other's fucking nerves. This isn't rocket science.

All these prosecutors are criminals themselves and don't lock up the bad guys, like that pig running your city. When criminals understand they can get away with just about anything, of course they commit more crime.

We lock up 2 million people. Locking people up isn't a solution, and frankly, thanks to TRUMP PLAGUE, it actually proved to be a public health menace.

I can understand how you arrive at the mistaken opinion in your 1). Even so, even if the intent was about militias, then to make sure the militias are armed, the right to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed. It changes nothing.

Well, it changes a lot. Today we don't have militias, we have a professional army and professional police forces. So there is really no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun.

The thing was, in colonial times, gun ownership was rare. Guns were too expensive for most people to own, the firing mechanisms had to be imported from Europe. Like most of the "rights" established by the Founding Slave Rapists, they were meant for a class of the landed gentry, not regular folks.

So if your girl friend gets pissed at you and decides to leave you she can disarm you on her way out. It’s her word that you threatened her. To go along with that plan you would have to believe all women are totally honest and never would lie. Of course a man also could lie and disarm his ex-girlfriend too.
Then don't piss your old lady off. Of course, if you paid enough attention to her that you do to your gun, you probably wouldn't have that problem.

1643884827391.png

Wow. Hitler only killed Jews when they became awful? Pol Pot only killed Cambodians because they became awful? Lenin only killed 20 million awful people?

Good thing for 60 million awful deplorables that Hillary didn't become president.

NO, man, the GERMAN people became awful, that's why they killed the Jews. The German people had plenty of guns, and not a one of them rushed out to stop the SS when they were taking the Juden Schwein to the camps. The only reason Germans will tell you the Holocaust was bad now is because Germany lost the war.

Same thing with the Cambodians. The rural people were regularly abused by the Americans and their urban allies, and when the tables turned, those people were marched out into the country and slaughtered.

Guns don't stop "dictators" because Dictators usually happen when a majority is fine with them.

At 16 years old — before I took my driver's license test in Detroit — my father, Howard, asked me to sit down at the kitchen table in our home in a middle-class neighborhood on the city's East Side for "The Talk," which many Black fathers were having (and still have) with their sons and daughters across America.

If I was pulled over, my father told me, I shouldn't make any sudden moves and I should keep my hands on the steering wheel; he said that I should have my driver's license and insurance card easily available and that I should answer questions respectfully.

As time passed, my worst fears as a teenager were realized: I saw the flashing lights of a police squad car in the rearview mirror, and I was pulled over. Two white police officers stood on either side of my mother's car with their hands on their hips, inches from their guns. Neighbors looked on; I felt like a criminal.

Most murders are domestic violence. You coop people up for long periods of time, they are more likely to get on each other's fucking nerves. This isn't rocket science.

We lock up 2 million people. Locking people up isn't a solution, and frankly, thanks to TRUMP PLAGUE, it actually proved to be a public health menace.
You have some legitimate gripes. progs will not make things better. Thye will dumb us down and there will be more people of color in positions of power. But that will only make us poorer. For they are doing this with an inferior social justice system they set up that has helped people to abuse the benefits. This has to be cleaned up. Then you will see a great improvement in living standards. And it will help all people.

NO, man, the GERMAN people became awful, that's why they killed the Jews. The German people had plenty of guns, and not a one of them rushed out to stop the SS when they were taking the Juden Schwein to the camps. The only reason Germans will tell you the Holocaust was bad now is because Germany lost the war.

Same thing with the Cambodians. The rural people were regularly abused by the Americans and their urban allies, and when the tables turned, those people were marched out into the country and slaughtered.

Guns don't stop "dictators" because Dictators usually happen when a majority is fine with them.
You may know people who have not lived good. Maybe they made the most of what they had. The Germans after WW 1 suffered. The United States had the roaring 20's even with people living in tough ways. The people in Germany were trying to survive by the draconian rules put upon them by the Treaty of Versailles. Inflation ran rampant and misery expanded across their land. That is fertile for a Hitler type. Especially for an intelligent people kept down by the then globalists.

You may know people who have not lived good. Maybe they made the most of what they had. The Germans after WW 1 suffered. The United States had the roaring 20's even with people living in tough ways. The people in Germany were trying to survive by the draconian rules put upon them by the Treaty of Versailles. Inflation ran rampant and misery expanded across their land. That is fertile for a Hitler type. Especially for an intelligent people kept down by the then globalists.

There's a globalist hiding under your bed, right now.

Obviously, I have kind of a personal view, as my Grandfather came here from Germany in 1925. (He then attempted to return in 1930 but realized that the country was going nuts and decided to stay in America.)

Yes, misery was rampant, and Hilter, like Trump, tried to blame a marginalized minority instead of blaming the people really responsible.

It's happening even worse during the Biden plague. You know, the one that killed more Americans than Trump; two more variants and three Trump vaccines and he still did a worse job.

So where is this evidence of yours the surge in violent crime is domestic? Oh that's right, you make shit up as you go along. Your story is a black guy making assumptions. If you read the article, you'd see that by his own admission that he matched the description of a black guy the police were on the lookout for. He obeyed all commands by police, when they figured out he wasn't their suspect, they let him go and he simply drove away like anybody else. Then he talks about being a child in 1960 when his father got pulled over for a traffic violation, so I have no idea why you posted this garbage in the first place.

It's happening even worse during the Biden plague. You know, the one that killed more Americans than Trump; two more variants and three Trump vaccines and he still did a worse job.
Again, you'd blame the fire department instead of the arsonist....

So where is this evidence of yours the surge in violent crime is domestic? Oh that's right, you make shit up as you go along.

Your story is a black guy making assumptions. If you read the article, you'd see that by his own admission that he matched the description of a black guy the police were on the lookout for. He obeyed all commands by police, when they figured out he wasn't their suspect, they let him go and he simply drove away like anybody else. Then he talks about being a child in 1960 when his father got pulled over for a traffic violation, so I have no idea why you posted this garbage in the first place.
1643915925699.png

Well, it changes a lot. Today we don't have militias, we have a professional army and professional police forces. So there is really no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun.

The thing was, in colonial times, gun ownership was rare. Guns were too expensive for most people to own, the firing mechanisms had to be imported from Europe. Like most of the "rights" established by the Founding Slave Rapists, they were meant for a class of the landed gentry, not regular folks.

Then don't piss your old lady off. Of course, if you paid enough attention to her that you do to your gun, you probably wouldn't have that problem.

View attachment 596393
We live in a throw away society today. most marraiges don’t last long.

***snip***

Average Length of Marriage In the U.S.​

On average, the typical U.S. marriage that ends in divorce lasts just eight years.3Worldwide, the average length of marriage can vary widely by country. In Italy, for example, the typical couple stays married for 17 years and the divorce rate is around 42%.4 In Qatar, on the other hand, the divorce rate is 69.5%, with marriages lasting less than 5 years on average.5

There's just as much variation when you consider divorce rates by U.S. state. Fourteen states have a divorce rate of 50-65%. Oklahoma, for example, has the highest divorce rate of any state, with 65.7% of marriages ending in divorce court. Twelve states have a divorce rate ranging from 15% to 39%, with the remaining states falling in between. Hawaii boasts the lowest divorce rate of any state, at around 20%

So why is there such a difference? One explanation for higher divorce rates in certain states than others is that those states also have higher marriage rates.7 It's purely a numbers game; more couples getting married means a higher probability for divorce. Divorce rates can also be higher when at least one spouse is getting remarried. Sixty percent of second marriages and 73% of third marriages are likely to end in divorce.7

Again, you'd blame the fire department instead of the arsonist....

View attachment 596556

Given I swore I would never read anything you post since you don't read it yourself, the title of the article tells it all: this has nothing to do with what we're talking about. All it likely says is that most domestic violence is the most deadly, which we've known for many years now. I asked for evidence of this surge we are seeing the last year or so.

We live in a throw away society today. most marraiges [sic] don’t last long.

It's a tragedy that has serious far-reaching consequences for society as a whole, well beyond the harm to the individuals who let their marriages fail.

We've known, for longer than any of us have been alive, of the tragic effect on children who come from broken homes; and how they often end up adversely affecting those around them. It used to be rare. Now it is common, and with it, the tragic consequences that it produces. And even worse, we're normalizing the situation of children never having proper, normal families to begin with, broken or otherwise.

We live in a throw away society today. most marraiges don’t last long.

It's a tragedy that has serious far-reaching consequences for society as a whole, well beyond the harm to the individuals who let their marriages fail.

We've known, for longer than any of us have been alive, of the tragic effect on children who come from broken homes; and how they often end up adversely affecting those around them. It used to be rare. Now it is common, and with it, the tragic consequences that it produces. And even worse, we're normalizing the situation of children never having proper, normal families to begin with, broken or otherwise.

Or people are realizing that Marriage is an outdated custom that really isn't necessary. It might have made sense in a period where women didn't have opportunities and were considered less than equal.

Frankly, kids being in a family where the parents hate and resent each other can be even more damaging.

We don't have a problem because divorce is common. We have a problem because for the last 40 years, the wealthy have been slowly stealing away the middle class, with the Religious right driving the getaway car.

Or people are realizing that Marriage is an outdated custom that really isn't necessary. It might have made sense in a period where women didn't have opportunities and were considered less than equal.

Frankly, kids being in a family where the parents hate and resent each other can be even more damaging.

We don't have a problem because divorce is common. We have a problem because for the last 40 years, the wealthy have been slowly stealing away the middle class, with the Religious right driving the getaway car.

No, the problem is the left destroyed the nuclear family by kissing the asses of radicals in the women's lib movement in the 70's and 80's. The concept that women don't need men in their lives took root in this country and today women have kids with no husband or men in their lives. The male children grow up without a father figure and the female can't control them when they become teenagers.

Polls of prisoners showed that the majority of them came from single family homes.

No, the problem is the left destroyed the nuclear family by kissing the asses of radicals in the women's lib movement in the 70's and 80's. The concept that women don't need men in their lives took root in this country and today women have kids with no husband or men in their lives. The male children grow up without a father figure and the female can't control them when they become teenagers.

Polls of prisoners showed that the majority of them came from single family homes.

A poll would find the same thing among the population at large.

41% of Americans are born out of wedlock now. 51% of marriages end in divorce.

In actually, Crime has DECLINED since the 1990's. So your logic that the social policies of the 80's regarding feminism and single motherhood doesn't quite ring true.

1643976688448.png

In actually, Crime has DECLINED since the 1990's. So your logic that the social policies of the 80's regarding feminism and single motherhood doesn't quite ring true.

View attachment 596827

Crime decreased due to the economy and more and more states adopting CCW laws. Today we use our firearms between 1 to 4 million times a year for self-defense or to stop a crime from taking place. But successful programs like stop and frisk along with three strikes were eventually eliminated by the left. Over the past year violent crime once again went up by 30% in most commie cities that use hand slapping instead of hard time to deal with criminals.

I totally agree.

View attachment 596827
There factors rarely mentioned on the decrease of crime since the 1990s …

1) More guns less crime. Gun sales skyrocketed during this period.

2) Laws permitting concealed and open carry of firearms swept across our nation.

3) Cameras. Cameras are everywhere — on telephone poles and on cameras.

Of course now police are turning reactive rather than proactive because of riots following incidents like the death of George Floyd. Plus many prosecutors are refusing to prosecute crimes.

If you don’t bother to enforce existing laws people will take advantage of that fact and break the law. Obviously if the cops don’t bother to arrest people as they know they will not be prosecuted crime will skyrocket.

1644001076773.jpeg

1644000339360.gif

I totally agree.

There factors rarely mentioned on the decrease of crime since the 1990s …

1) More guns less crime. Gun sales skyrocketed during this period.

2) Laws permitting concealed and open carry of firearms swept across our nation.

3) Cameras. Cameras are everywhere — on telephone poles and on cameras.

Of course now police are turning reactive rather than proactive because of riots following incidents like the death of George Floyd. Plus many prosecutors are refusing to prosecute crimes.

If you don’t bother to enforce existing laws people will take advantage of that fact and break the law. Obviously if the cops don’t bother to arrest people as they know they will not be prosecuted crime will skyrocket.

View attachment 596964

View attachment 596961
Joe doesn't like being reminded that gun sales went up at the same time the crime rate came down.

Forum List

Back