Guns are to blame--not people.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
The biggest problem in Ohio is that our gun laws simply are not strong enough. Domestic violence policy expert Julia Webber serves as the implementation director of the Gifford’s Law Center, a national organization striving to make America safer by working to end gun violence.

“So, unfortunately, and tragically, too many people who have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence and how often that’s been connected to use of firearms,” said Webber.

While federal laws are in place, the Gifford’s Law Center says Ohio doesn’t have any laws stopping people who are convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence from buying firearms or ammunition and the same goes for those who have domestic violence protective orders against them.

The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.

“We want to ensure that we actually allow for relinquishment, and surrender or seizure, if necessary, to ensure that those firearms are separated from someone who’s about to be violent,” Webber said.

When you ask leftists about the government taking our guns, they say nobody wants to take away your guns. Well here is a leftist that says they do.

What this kook is saying is that if your girlfriend or wife files a protection order against you, the government should be allowed to come to your home and take away your firearms even if no violence was involved. Simply get a protection order and that's all that should be needed to violate your constitutional rights. What is a misdemeanor domestic violence? I never heard of it, so I looked it up. Here is what I found for our state:

Threatening to cause harm to a family member or household member, even if you do not physically assault the person, can still result in a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

So if you tell your girlfriend or wife "Yeah, and I'll slap you around" you can be charged with this misdemeanor domestic violence law and have your firearms taken away just for that if it was up to this Julia Weber person.

Question 21i on the ATF form 4473 asks if the purchaser has ever been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Violence. So Domestic Violence is already a disqualifying issue for ownership of a weapon.

Surrender of weapons is a common and routine condition for Bail prior to trials.

So what is the problem, exactly?

Question 21i on the ATF form 4473 asks if the purchaser has ever been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Violence. So Domestic Violence is already a disqualifying issue for ownership of a weapon.

Surrender of weapons is a common and routine condition for Bail prior to trials.

So what is the problem, exactly?

Then why is it legal in my state to own a firearm? Does that question disqualify you from buying a gun? If so, then gun sellers in my state are in violation of the law which I seriously doubt.

What this kook is saying is that if your girlfriend or wife files a protection order against you, the government should be allowed to come to your home and take away your firearms even if no violence was involved. Simply get a protection order and that's all that should be needed to violate your constitutional rights. What is a misdemeanor domestic violence? I never heard of it, so I looked it up. Here is what I found for our state:

Threatening to cause harm to a family member or household member, even if you do not physically assault the person, can still result in a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

So if you tell your girlfriend or wife "Yeah, and I'll slap you around" you can be charged with this misdemeanor domestic violence law and have your firearms taken away just for that if it was up to this Julia Weber person.

Sounds reasonable to me. Frankly, if Julia read your crazy posts, Welfare Ray, they'd probably want to take your guns.. you're a hate crime looking for a place to happen.

Then why is it legal in my state to own a firearm? Does that question disqualify you from buying a gun? If so, then gun sellers in my state are in violation of the law which I seriously doubt.

You may doubt. But it is illegal for someone to buy, possess, or use firearms if they have been convicted of Domestic Violence. Even a misdemeanor conviction is enough.

I thought obeying the law was a thing that good people did.

Americans have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Having your girlfriend pissed at you because you said she had a fat ass and reporting you to the police for abuse should not be an excuse to deny your Constitutional rights.

A former coworker of mine got in a spat with his wife. She went in his face yelling and screaming at him in which he told her to get out of his way. She didn't so he pushed her out of the way and twisted her ankle. She called the cops and they arrested him for domestic violence even though his wife (calmed down by then) told the police she was not filing a complaint. The police explained that it didn't matter what she did. The law states that the state takeover any case in a domestic violence situation. They ignored the fact that she was blocking his way which was the only reason he pushed her away in the first place.

A former coworker of mine got in a spat with his wife. She went in his face yelling and screaming at him in which he told her to get out of his way. She didn't so he pushed her out of the way and twisted her ankle. She called the cops and they arrested him for domestic violence even though his wife (calmed down by then) told the police she was not filing a complaint. The police explained that it didn't matter what she did. The law states that the state takeover any case in a domestic violence situation. They ignored the fact that she was blocking his way which was the only reason he pushed her away in the first place.
That is true. Once you make that call to the police, the person you're calling about is automatically removed from your house, booked and has a restraining order put on them that they can't return until their court date.

These stupid "Red Flag" laws can be a significant source of denying Americans of their Constitutional rights.

A despicable example of stupid people giving up liberty for a little bit of security.

If Constitutional rights are going to be taken away it needs to be for a damn good reason and these stupid red flag laws do not come close to meeting that test.

92% of all women killed with guns in high-income countries in 2015 were from the US.

In 2015:
800-1000 women are killed with guns.
220 are killed with knives
300 are killed with other

Access to a gun makes it five times more likely that the abusive partner will kill his female victim.

4.5 million women have reported being threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.

If your daughter is in an abusive relationship, and there's a gun in the house, tell her to gtfo.

Shouldn't have laid a glove on her. Turn around and go back to your room and lock the door if you can't get to the door. Climb out the window to get away if necessary. Not saying your friend's wife wasn't crazy but you don't lay a glove on them unless your life is in imminent danger (like you have a gun or a knife pointed at you). Too bad for your friend. Leave her worthless ass.

So with me a record of misdemeanor domestic violence, you telling me I can go to a gun shop in Ohio and legally buy a gun?

Shouldn't have laid a glove on her. Turn around and go back to your room and lock the door if you can't get to the door. Climb out the window to get away if necessary. Not saying your friend's wife wasn't crazy but you don't lay a glove on them unless your life is in imminent danger (like you have a gun or a knife pointed at you). Too bad for your friend. Leave her worthless ass.
I gave my wife the bird when she told me she fucked some guy, she was standing in front of my face and my middle finger hit her lip....

That simple exchange I was convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence

92% of all women killed with guns in high-income countries in 2015 were from the US.

In 2015:
800-1000 women are killed with guns.
220 are killed with knives
300 are killed with other

Access to a gun makes it five times more likely that the abusive partner will kill his female victim.

4.5 million women have reported being threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.

If your daughter is in an abusive relationship, and there's a gun in the house, tell her to gtfo.

Most gun crimes in this country are in our Democrat control big city shitholes among the Blacks and Browns. Mostly druggies, gangs and street thug shootings.

This is explained to you every time one of these discussions come up but it is like you put peanut butter in your ears because you never seem to comprehend.

Forum List

Back