Gun Grabbers Blame Toy Guns and Airsoft Guns For Police Shooting of 13-Year-Old

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
» Gun Grabbers Blame Toy Guns and Airsoft Guns For Police Shooting of 13-Year-Old Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Gun control activists in California are blaming toy guns and airsoft guns for the fatal police shooting of a 13-year-old on Oct. 23, shifting responsibility away from the police.
An all-too-common scene in America. Credit: Marcin Wichary via Flickr

Andy Lopez Cruz was shot seven times in 10 seconds by a Sonoma Co., Calif. sheriff’s deputy as he walked down the street with a plastic replica rifle.

» 13-year-old with replica assault rifle was shot 7 times in 10 seconds Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

1377147_572408899497031_1324944598_n.jpg

I place blame on both the police as well as the manufacturer of the pellet gun. I have no problem with requiring some kind of easily recognizable symbol that would make identifying such guns as not lethal. But then again how long would it take for a criminal to imitate such an identifier?

Two Sonoma County deputies spotted the boy holding what appeared to be an assault rifle Tuesday afternoon, the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's office said. They pulled over "but maintained cover behind their open passenger door," the press release said.

They yelled at the teen to put the weapon down. He had his back to them and began turning around toward the officers, the statement said.

"One of the deputies described that as the subject was turning toward him the barrel of the assault rifle was rising up and turning in his direction. The deputy feared for his safety, the safety of his partner, and the safety of the community members in the area," the statement said.

A deputy shot the teen. The teen was handcuffed, and the officers called for an ambulance, the statement said. Deputies found the fake rifle on the ground near the boy. The bogus handgun was tucked in his waistband.

Ismael Mondragon said he was in front of the sheriff's cruiser at a stop sign when he saw Cruz with the replica. Mondragon told CNN he warned the teen, "Put that thing away. The police are here," but got no response.

Mondragon said he went through the stop sign and saw the sheriff's car pull over behind him. Within seconds, he said, he heard shots fired and saw the teen fall.

Deputy kills 13-year-old carrying fake rifle - CNN.com

Pellet and play guns need to have orange ends to prove to cops that they are not weapons. Cops need to stop just shooting first and asking questions later.

Pellet and play guns need to have orange ends to prove to cops that they are not weapons. Cops need to stop just shooting first and asking questions later.

Or people need to teach their children to obey a police officer and to not point a gun fake or otherwise at anyone, especially an armed cop.

"Gun control activists in California are blaming toy guns and airsoft guns for the fatal police shooting of a 13-year-old"
How about laying the blame on the shoot first ask questions later police procedures?
or the fact that we have become a country where you are presumed guilty util proven innocent.
Seems that if this were not the case than going back to the 50s and 60's, when all kids had toy guns there would have been a lot more police shooting of kid.

A pellet gun is a real weapon, although only dangerous at very close ranges and when aimed at very specific areas.

I place blame on both the police as well as the manufacturer of the pellet gun. I have no problem with requiring some kind of easily recognizable symbol that would make identifying such guns as not lethal. But then again how long would it take for a criminal to imitate such an identifier?

Two Sonoma County deputies spotted the boy holding what appeared to be an assault rifle Tuesday afternoon, the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's office said. They pulled over "but maintained cover behind their open passenger door," the press release said.

They yelled at the teen to put the weapon down. He had his back to them and began turning around toward the officers, the statement said.

"One of the deputies described that as the subject was turning toward him the barrel of the assault rifle was rising up and turning in his direction. The deputy feared for his safety, the safety of his partner, and the safety of the community members in the area," the statement said.

A deputy shot the teen. The teen was handcuffed, and the officers called for an ambulance, the statement said. Deputies found the fake rifle on the ground near the boy. The bogus handgun was tucked in his waistband.

Ismael Mondragon said he was in front of the sheriff's cruiser at a stop sign when he saw Cruz with the replica. Mondragon told CNN he warned the teen, "Put that thing away. The police are here," but got no response.

Mondragon said he went through the stop sign and saw the sheriff's car pull over behind him. Within seconds, he said, he heard shots fired and saw the teen fall.

They do have items that designate them as toys. The boy took it off. The cops did their job. Its a shame what happened, but in the end, this boy was out in public with a toy gun that looked real in a time just after mass shootings were on the news almost weekly. Where were the Parents, and how did he get out the front door with this toy ? If anyone is to blame, it starts there.

A pellet gun is a real weapon, although only dangerous at very close ranges and when aimed at very specific areas.

Why it could penetrate a Kevlar vest of a fine policeman.

It can put your eye out.

Play guns are not real weapons, mark them up all you want, but a pellet gun is designed to hurl a projectile, just like a gunpowder weapon, but with obviously less force.

"Gun control activists in California are blaming toy guns and airsoft guns for the fatal police shooting of a 13-year-old"
How about laying the blame on the shoot first ask questions later police procedures?
or the fact that we have become a country where you are presumed guilty util proven innocent.
Seems that if this were not the case than going back to the 50s and 60's, when all kids had toy guns there would have been a lot more police shooting of kid.

When I was a kid growing up in the late 50s/early 60s, all we had was Roy Rogers cap guns and holster set. When we would be out in the front yard playing and if a cop would drive by, he wouldn't do a thing even though my friends and I were pointing the guns at each other and pulling the trigger. Amazing how times have changed. I guess they will lobby to get rid of toy guns now.

68-1.jpg

7509451_1_l.jpg

Why it could penetrate a Kevlar vest of a fine policeman.

It can put your eye out.

Play guns are not real weapons, mark them up all you want, but a pellet gun is designed to hurl a projectile, just like a gunpowder weapon, but with obviously less force.
I have a powerful Beeman pellet gun that I shoot squirrels, rabbits and doves with in the back yard. It's just as powerful as a .22 gun with over 1,200ft per second velocity using .177 size pellets. Here is the type pellets I shoot. One is a hollow point for shooting turtles and snakes off logs in the bayou behind my house and then the pointed ones for shooting squirrels at long distances.

-177-break-barrel-pellet-air-rifle.jpg

I mainly buy the far right pellet for precision accuracy and penetration
pointed-web.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

If I shot someone in the head it would most likely kill them or give them some kind of brain damage.

manufactures of fake guns have to put orange tips on them. lots of times kids just paint them black

manufactures of fake guns have to put orange tips on them. lots of times kids just paint them black

Not BB guns or Pellet guns. If they do paint them black and they get shot by mistake then who's to blame?

Not BB guns or Pellet guns. If they do paint them black and they get shot by mistake then who's to blame?

The "gun grabbers" apparently...

Like this?

cap-gun-2.jpg

Forum List

Back