Gun Background Checks Pass in Washington

If they get all the guns they want then why is their rate so much lower than ours? I think they don't get all the guns they want.

Well, for one thing...their victims can't protect themselves....so they can rape, beat, extort, rob, and murder them without guns....if they want...so while the rich and famous, the Royal family and the politicians and the criminals all have guns....the average British citizen can be brutalized without much fuss on the part of the criminals....

They save the guns for other criminals...because the actual criminals have guns to defend themselves from other criminals...

None of that leads me to believe it is easy for the average criminal to get a gun.

If they get all the guns they want then why is their rate so much lower than ours? I think they don't get all the guns they want.

Well, for one thing...their victims can't protect themselves....so they can rape, beat, extort, rob, and murder them without guns....if they want...so while the rich and famous, the Royal family and the politicians and the criminals all have guns....the average British citizen can be brutalized without much fuss on the part of the criminals....

They save the guns for other criminals...because the actual criminals have guns to defend themselves from other criminals...

The way you talk one would think the country with the most guns would then have the lowest crime rates. That isn't the case. And I thought we determined it really wasn't about the number of guns?

I can't believe this thread has gone almost 500 posts.

We know for a fact this does not work.

Remember Joker, weapons legally purchased and background checked.

Navy Yard shooter, weapon legally purchased and background checked.

Newtown, weapon legally purchased and background checked.

Loughner in AZ, weapon legally purchased and background checked.

Virgina Tech, weapons legally purchased and background checked.

California Virgin, weapons legally purchased, background checked, and California required waiting period and legally mandated instruction...TWICE!

That's all I can think of...every one legally purchased and background checked...what did that accomplish? Not a fucking thing.

Liberals, married to policies that demonstratively don't work.

Solutions that suck...new motto for the Democrat party

Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Isn't that the one where the guy also built a homemade bomb? Do you think those people would still be alive if this guy only had a bomb and no gun?

Pretty sure you have the wrong guy. Certainly didn't use it.

The shooting happened about 11 a.m. at the Azana Day Spa, a two-story, 836-square-metre) building across from a major shopping mall in Brookfield, a middle-to-upper class community west of Milwaukee. Hours later, a bomb squad descended on the building, and Tushaus said an improvised explosive device had been found inside.

Wisconsin spa shooting Suspect found dead - World - NZ Herald News

Must not be that many guns getting into the UK.

And criminals still get the guns they want....and the violent crime rate in Britain is twice the rate it is here in the U.S.

And again...

The Royal family and the politicians have armed security....

The rich and famous in Britain have private armed security...

Criminals have the guns they want and need....

And who pays for all these people with guns for the rich and famous, the Royal Family and the politicians and the criminals....

The law abiding British citizen....the only ones who by law cannot own guns to protect themselves....

Their tax dollars pay for the armed security...and their stolen money pays to arm the criminals....

That is the country you want Brain and Dana....

Well they have other issues completely outside of guns that results in an increased homicide rate.

If I was going to pick a country it would be more like Denmark actually.

Course I'm not for banning guns either.
why do white americans have a lower rate of gun crime than white Britons?

None of that leads me to believe it is easy for the average criminal to get a gun.
its easy to get weed and crack around here too-and those are completely illegal

And I thought we determined it really wasn't about the number of guns?

You are right...it is the culture...for example...in the U.S. millions of people own, and carry guns...but the only people shooting other people are criminals...80% of the murders are from the "culture" of the inner city, where criminal gang "culture" leads to violence and killing...

go anywhere else in the U.S. and our murder rate is equal to or lower than Europe...and we have a lot more guns...

If you want to actual stop gun violence...deal with inner city gangs in cities controlled by democrats...

why do white americans have a lower rate of gun crime than white Britons?

Turtledude....you will only confuse him...that is an actual fact and it takes rational thought to process...

California Virgin, weapons legally purchased, background checked, and California required waiting period and legally mandated instruction...TWICE!

That's all I can think of...every one legally purchased and background checked...what did that accomplish? Not a fucking thing.

Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Isn't that the one where the guy also built a homemade bomb? Do you think those people would still be alive if this guy only had a bomb and no gun?

The shooting happened about 11 a.m. at the Azana Day Spa, a two-story, 836-square-metre) building across from a major shopping mall in Brookfield, a middle-to-upper class community west of Milwaukee. Hours later, a bomb squad descended on the building, and Tushaus said an improvised explosive device had been found inside.

Shame he didn't blow himself up with it. No telling from that how effective it would have been at anything. Must have been backup plan if he couldn't get somebody to sell him a gun?

Shame he didn't blow himself up with it. No telling from that how effective it would have been at anything. Must have been backup plan if he couldn't get somebody to sell him a gun?

Exactly. There is no stopping someone intent on killing. No background check in the world was going to stop him. Which it exactly the point.

Brain....but....but....I thought that you believe that if there are no guns...there would be no murders....so if this guy couldn't get a gun....those people would be alive....

Of course some of the worst mass killings in Australia were committed by arsonists using fire....but who cares....those mass killers didn't use a gun....that is the important thing...right?

And I thought we determined it really wasn't about the number of guns?

You are right...it is the culture...for example...in the U.S. millions of people own, and carry guns...but the only people shooting other people are criminals...80% of the murders are from the "culture" of the inner city, where criminal gang "culture" leads to violence and killing...

go anywhere else in the U.S. and our murder rate is equal to or lower than Europe...and we have a lot more guns...

If you want to actual stop gun violence...deal with inner city gangs in cities controlled by democrats...

Do I need to remind you of the comparison I showed you of the two large cities in FL? One has a Repub mayor and one has a Dem mayor? The city with the repub mayor has more crime... I really don't think Dems and Repubs have much to do with it. In general I think we have too much inequality and not the upward mobility we once had. But the reason for gang problems is quite a discussion on it's own. But as long as we have it I'd just assume try to keep guns from them. I don't see any politicians looking to do anything about it...

Exactly. There is no stopping someone intent on killing. No background check in the world was going to stop him. Which it exactly the point.

Missourian....I have a nice piece of wall I have been pounding my head against as I debate these anti gunners....I'll share it if you want some space....

weak minded pants soiling sheeple don't understand that. LIke most children they WANT solutions even if they don't work

No but if he is a crappy bomb maker he might blow himself up or hurt fewer people. But I don't disagree with your main point.

I love this story
Suicide Bombing Instructor Accidentally Blows Himself And 22 Would-Be Terrorists Up RYOT News

Missourian....I have a nice piece of wall I have been pounding my head against as I debate these anti gunners....I'll share it if you want some space....

Have you discussed with the Missourian before? Good fellow he is. Missourian meet Bill. A decent guy but very paranoid. :)

Brain....here is the list for 2013 of the 25 most violent cities in the United States...24 of them are run by democrat mayors...and have been run by the democrats for decades....

Most Dangerous Cities In America - Business Insider

Tell me that is a coincidence...

Here in Chicago...not even on the list even with all of it's murders...the reason it is so violent is the democrats...who have run the city since long before the first mayor daley....refuse to pay for more police....and have managed to keep the citizens disarmed...until the recent concealed carry decision...

Chicago needs 2000 more police...each day they are short 1000 police because they don't have them to begin with...and another 1000 due to vacation and sick leave...

But because the killing is isolated to a few blocks in minority neighborhoods, the rich, white democrats don't want to spend the money to put police in those neighborhoods....why should they....the minorities vote 98% democrat regardless of the killing....

24 out of 25 of the most violent cities in the US run by democrats.....

Oh, I forgot to point out...again...that of the killings in the inner city created by the inner city "culture" of gangs and drugs....those killings happen in a teeny, tiny area in the cities....usually only a few very deadly blocks in those cities...the rest of those cities are usually very safe....

So if you exclude those tiny areas in these democrat controlled inner cities...our murder rate is equal to or below Europes...

And we still have 310 million guns in circulation....let's give Europe our gangs and trade them for theirs.....that might be the solution....

Mr Brain and I have danced this Texas two step a few times over the years. He's not a bad guy. Wait until you have to deal with Chris/Kirk. Beside, you are acquitting yourself quite well. Keep up the good work :thup:

Brain....but....but....I thought that you believe that if there are no guns...there would be no murders....so if this guy couldn't get a gun....those people would be alive....

Of course some of the worst mass killings in Australia were committed by arsonists using fire....but who cares....those mass killers didn't use a gun....that is the important thing...right?

Bill if I believed that I would be for banning guns. I've not seen any evidence that would work however so I am not for it. I'm much more for some mental health help and looking into the gang problem. But I don't see those happening and I think it's partially because one party says just throw guns at the problem. I think that is keeping us from doing things we really should be doing. And well as long as we aren't doing those things I'm fine with trying to keep guns from the bad guys.

Mr Brain and I have danced this Texas two step a few times over the years. He's not a bad guy. Wait until you have to deal with Chris/Kirk. Beside, you are acquitting yourself quite well. Keep up the good work :thup:

He's not bad. I have learned some interesting things. I don't think he has made me change my thinking on anything yet like you may have, but who knows. Now that turtle guy, oh he is just painful to read. haha

Forum List

Back