Gun Background Checks Pass in Washington

Brain, I keep up this discussion with you and the others because it helps to encourage me to find more about the topic....ame nothing I have found supports your point of view....but that's okay....as long as,we can out vote you....

I appreciate that you don't call names or imply I and other gun owners simply want a chance to murder minorities....that gets old pretty fast....

thanks for the discussion...

nice meeting you Missourian....although your name is rough typing on an IPad...

don't get on turtle dude Brain...I enjoy what he posts...

Exactly. There is no stopping someone intent on killing. No background check in the world was going to stop him. Which it exactly the point.

Missourian....I have a nice piece of wall I have been pounding my head against as I debate these anti gunners....I'll share it if you want some space....

Have you discussed with the Missourian before? Good fellow he is. Missourian meet Bill. A decent guy but very paranoid. :)
Exactly. There is no stopping someone intent on killing. No background check in the world was going to stop him. Which it exactly the point.

Missourian....I have a nice piece of wall I have been pounding my head against as I debate these anti gunners....I'll share it if you want some space....

Mr Brain and I have danced this Texas two step a few times over the years. He's not a bad guy. Wait until you have to deal with Chris/Kirk. Beside, you are acquitting yourself quite well. Keep up the good work :thup:

He's not bad. I have learned some interesting things. I don't think he has made me change my thinking on anything yet like you may have, but who knows. Now that turtle guy, oh he is just painful to read. haha

Someday we'll find a solution that we can all live with.

We share many of the same goals.

I want to reduce gun violence as much as you do.

But I don't believe background checks and gun registration are the answer...as we can clearly see, they are not solving the problem.

The problem is human nature, at least as it pertains to American culture.

So, how do we change human nature?

Brain, I keep up this discussion with you and the others because it helps to encourage me to find more about the topic....ame nothing I have found supports your point of view....but that's okay....as long as,we can out vote you....

I appreciate that you don't call names or imply I and other gun owners simply want a chance to murder minorities....that gets old pretty fast....

thanks for the discussion...

nice meeting you Missourian....although your name is rough typing on an IPad...

don't get on turtle dude Brain...I enjoy what he posts...

You can just call me Mo. Pleasures mine. (hat-tip)

Have you discussed with the Missourian before? Good fellow he is. Missourian meet Bill. A decent guy but very paranoid. :)

Mr Brain and I have danced this Texas two step a few times over the years. He's not a bad guy. Wait until you have to deal with Chris/Kirk. Beside, you are acquitting yourself quite well. Keep up the good work :thup:

He's not bad. I have learned some interesting things. I don't think he has made me change my thinking on anything yet like you may have, but who knows. Now that turtle guy, oh he is just painful to read. haha

But I don't believe background checks and gun registration are the answer...as we can clearly see, they are not solving the problem.

I DO NOT BELIEVE 95% of those who actively push for restrictions on gun owners really care about reducing gun violence

the reason why they appear impervious to facts about the laws they want to pass not working is because their idea of what they think the laws should do is very different than what they really want in reality.

and its not crime control

its not lower rates of violence

its all about harassing gun owners for their perceived politics and diminishing the ability of groups like the NRA to fund conservative candidates

I DO NOT BELIEVE 95% of those who actively push for restrictions on gun owners really care about reducing gun violence

the reason why they appear impervious to facts about the laws they want to pass not working is because their idea of what they think the laws should do is very different than what they really want in reality.

its all about harassing gun owners for their perceived politics and diminishing the ability of groups like the NRA to fund conservative candidates

I'd say there is some of that for sure...but not 95% IMO.

IMO, it's fear. Fear of guns.

A gun is power, there is no doubt about that.

And people who fear guns don't trust you and I with that power.

Lawmakers (again IMO) also fear the people possessing that kind of power as well, which explains their fixation with the so called Assault Weapons (Modern Sporting Arms).

But many truly want to reduce gun deaths.

It is both....they have an irrational fear of guns....and they don't like the politics of gun owners....

If they had an irrational fear of spiders, and they tried to deal with spiders as they do guns...they would be convinced that no one should be allowed to own spiders....and all the irrational ideas that would follow that line of thought...

I'd say there is some of that for sure...but not 95% IMO.

IMO, it's fear. Fear of guns.

A gun is power, there is no doubt about that.

And people who fear guns don't trust you and I with that power.

Lawmakers (again IMO) also fear the people possessing that kind of power as well, which explains their fixation with the so called Assault Weapons (Modern Sporting Arms).

But many truly want to reduce gun deaths.

there are only two kinds of gun control supporters

1 those who are dishonest about their motivations-be it the politicians who pander to the second group and those who want to punish gun owners or gun groups

2 the ignorant or the stupid who think those laws will stop crime

It is both....they have an irrational fear of guns....and they don't like the politics of gun owners....

If they had an irrational fear of spiders, and they tried to deal with spiders as they do guns...they would be convinced that no one should be allowed to own spiders....and all the irrational ideas that would follow that line of thought...

many gun haters-especially male gun haters are cowards. They are afraid to make the safety of themselves and and their families a personal responsibility and they are terrified of accepting the risk and consequences of making that a personal duty. Those of us who own guns and believe and advocate self defense remind them of their timidity and accentuate their feelings of cowardice. We cause them to have to deal with their lack of balls. So they try to ban guns to exorcise those items which cause them to feel inadequate

All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Lives will be saved in Washington because of this law.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

It's interesting that you support the many being able to vote away the second amendment rights of the few, but cheer judges who nullify the votes of the many when those voters vote away the right to marry or have abortions.

Fucking idiots, the lot of you. BOTH sides.

All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

It's interesting that you support the many being able to vote away the second amendment rights of the few, but cheer judges who nullify the votes of the many when those voters vote away the right to marry or have abortions.

I believe the federal government has no proper power to regulate firearms or abortion

put that in your got and smoke it

I really am a libertarian

I believe the federal government has no proper power to regulate firearms or abortion

put that in your got and smoke it

I really am a libertarian

Then clearly what I wrote doesn't apply to you.

Of the two issues...abortion includes an innocent victim...so the feds would have a reason to intervene...just on civil rights grounds alone...

Of the two issues...abortion
an innocent victim...so the feds would have a reason to intervene...just on civil rights grounds alone...
Unless and until Congress passes a law DEFINATELY stating that X is the starting point of life, that just isn't true Bill.

And that's exactly what the Republicans should do in the first 100 days of the new Congress. Get with their Democrat friends and reach a fair compromise of a date at which life begins as far as the government is concerned, and a abortion before that time limit is okay , one performed after that limit is murder.

Done and done.

And that's exactly what the Republicans should do in the first 100 days of the new Congress. Get with their Democrat friends and reach a fair compromise of a date at which life begins as far as the government is concerned, and a abortion before that time limit is okay , one performed after that limit is murder.

The moment the sperm hits the egg...life begins....so anytime before that women can have an abortion....since no innocent life will be involved...and congress does not determine when life begins...only when people can be legally allowed to end it...

That's not the law, and probably never will be. You need to get over that or be relegated to the never in power.

This is what I'm talking about when I say stupid people. The law is what we ALL agree on, not what Bill thinks it should be. Not anymore than ______ should be able to tell you you can't have guns.

Stop being a partisan moron Bill

The moment the sperm hits the egg...life begins....so anytime before that women can have an abortion....since no innocent life will be involved...and congress does not determine when life begins...only when people can be legally allowed to end it...

I think that it's funny after over 400 posts in this thread, the conservatives still won't stop.
I think its sad that after being shown over and over and over that this law does nothing to make it illegal for criminals, etc, to buy guns, you won't admit that you were wrong when you said "they won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore."
Sad... but expected.
No you've not shown over and over that this law doesn't work.
Its also sad that you cannot read.

I said:
I think its sad that after being shown over and over and over that this law does nothing to make it illegal for criminals, etc, to buy guns, you won't admit that you were wrong when you said "they won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore."

There you go. Feel free to try again.

You're wrong. You just aren't honest enough to admit it.

Homosexuals = The rights of the minority cannot be dictated by the majority.
Gun owners = Why of course the rights of the minority can, and must, be decided by the majority.

You haven't lost any rights.

In fact no one loses any right to have a gun with this law. Those who will be prevented from getting guns lost their right to have one long before this law. When they committed a felony, or if they have mental problems or if they're a domestic abuser they lose their right to have a gun when they committed the original crime or when they were found to have mental problems.

Our society decided a long time ago that those people shouldn't have guns. All this law does is make sure that they don't get them. The honor system we've been using thus far has not worked and has gotten thousands of people killed.
But they will still get guns. This law won't stop them in any way. But im glad to see you agree voter id's won't cause anyone to lose any rights

It makes it harder for a felon to get a gun. I see no problem with that.

No, it doesn't. I makes it harder for someone like ME to get a gun. I have no record, no adjudications due to mental defect, no restraining orders out on me.
an amazing thing has occurred in NY. you can't buy an old style AR 15 in NY from a dealer. but no one in NY paid attention to the safe act and registered their guns, so now people are still selling and trading these style guns with no background checks at all. another thing that is happening is people are buying the Safe Act approved AR's and for a $20 magazine release are converting them to the old style AR's. and the last huge thing going on is kids are building their own unregistered, unserialized, non background checked AR's AK;s R 700's out of 80% lowers. it's become a fad.
IS this a ''good thing'' to you?

No you've not shown over and over that this law doesn't work.

But that doesn't matter. Nothing you or any of you conservatives post matters even in the slightest.

The people spoke overwhelmingly. It's a done deal and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

It wasn't done by any politicians so conservatives can't go after any politicians for this law. Which is something I think is fantastic. It was done by the people. The large majority of the people here want all gun sales to go through a background check.

You can keep posting lies and keep throwing hissy fits all you want.

You're wasting your time. You will accomplish nothing.
How many voters do you think read all 18 pages? .001% maybe. It proves people are too stupid to make laws and we need to go back to being a Republic not American Idol style voting. Nothing conservatives say matters but the people do? What a creep.

You're getting cranky, maybe it's time for another bowl?

You didn't have to post that comment at the end. And you know it. It has nothing to do with the election or you losing. I guess it bothers you so much you have to make stupid comments like that.

I smoke medical marijuana to be able to take a medication that's keeping cancer from returning and killing me. You know that I don't smoke it to get high. You know I smoke very low thc content marijuana just so I won't get high but get the benefits of keeping food in my stomach.

You know this yet posted that comment.

I guess I hit a nerve with you since you felt the need to put that comment at the end.

Grow up. You lost the vote and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Stupid comments won't change the law. All you're doing is showing that you don't have much to say and are very bothered by the truths I've been posting.

You didn't have to post that comment at the end. And you know it. It has nothing to do with the election or you losing. I guess it bothers you so much you have to make stupid comments like that.
You sure don't mind dishing it out though. I'm happy with the elections, very happy. This initiative doesn't effect me personally since I'm well stocked and probably could let a few items go. Plus, it's bad law and will likely not pass muster since it's full of interpretation.
I smoke medical marijuana to be able to take a medication that's keeping cancer from returning and killing me. You know that I don't smoke it to get high. You know I smoke very low thc content marijuana just so I won't get high but get the benefits of keeping food in my stomach.

You know this yet posted that comment.

I guess I hit a nerve with you since you felt the need to put that comment at the end.

Grow up. You lost the vote and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Stupid comments won't change the law. All you're doing is showing that you don't have much to say and are very bothered by the truths I've been posting.
I said a bunch and said why I believe what I do. You just keep repeating the same thing and insulting anyone that refuses to march to the monochromatic drumbeat. Did you read all 18 pages of the law?

You haven't lost any rights.

In fact no one loses any right to have a gun with this law. Those who will be prevented from getting guns lost their right to have one long before this law. When they committed a felony, or if they have mental problems or if they're a domestic abuser they lose their right to have a gun when they committed the original crime or when they were found to have mental problems.

Our society decided a long time ago that those people shouldn't have guns. All this law does is make sure that they don't get them. The honor system we've been using thus far has not worked and has gotten thousands of people killed.
But they will still get guns. This law won't stop them in any way. But im glad to see you agree voter id's won't cause anyone to lose any rights

It makes it harder for a felon to get a gun. I see no problem with that.

No, it doesn't. I makes it harder for someone like ME to get a gun. I have no record, no adjudications due to mental defect, no restraining orders out on me.
an amazing thing has occurred in NY. you can't buy an old style AR 15 in NY from a dealer. but no one in NY paid attention to the safe act and registered their guns, so now people are still selling and trading these style guns with no background checks at all. another thing that is happening is people are buying the Safe Act approved AR's and for a $20 magazine release are converting them to the old style AR's. and the last huge thing going on is kids are building their own unregistered, unserialized, non background checked AR's AK;s R 700's out of 80% lowers. it's become a fad.
IS this a ''good thing'' to you?

It simply shows that gun laws only work after catch someone breaking them....they are not capable of working like Tom Cruise and his "pre crime" unit in Minority Report....

Forum List

Back