Gun Background Checks Pass in Washington

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Lives will be saved in Washington because of this law.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

All gun sales in the state of Washington will now have to go through a background check. It passed with 60% majority. I voted with the majority.

So now it will be harder for criminals, those with mental problems and domestic abusers to get a gun. They won't be able to do it legally in the state of Washington anymore.

Interesting, when it's put to the vote of the people, background checks passes. Clearly the people of our nation want all gun sales to go through a background check. Too bad that the nra can buy gop politicians to prevent the same law at the federal level.

Voters approve expanded gun background checks in Washington state - Local - MyNorthwest.com

They have the same laws in California and they don't seem to have had the slightest effect on preventing criminal behavior. Probably because criminals are...well criminals.

Too bad you listened to the liars about what that bill does. It's gonna lose when challenged in the courts.

On what grounds will it be challenged and why would it lose in the courts?

Six other states also have this law and it's not been overturned. I don't know if it's being challenged at all in those six other states either.

The commerce clause clearly allows for regulating sales. The second amendment certainly allows for regulation.

I guess you want criminals to be able to just walk into a gun show or go on line to buy their gun for their next crime.

I'm so glad people like you are the minority in this issue.

They have the same laws in California and they don't seem to have had the slightest effect on preventing criminal behavior. Probably because criminals are...well criminals.

So you think background checks on criminals is worthless because criminals will get them illegally anyway? Do you also think we shouldn't have speed limites because speeders will speed anyway. Do you also think we shouldn't have laws on murder because people might kill anyway?

You are a Nihilist

So you think background checks on criminals is worthless because criminals will get them illegally anyway? Do you also think we shouldn't have speed limites because speeders will speed anyway. Do you also think we shouldn't have laws on murder because people might kill anyway?

You are a Nihilist

Criminals don't get their guns through normal channels is the point. As I said California has had those laws in place for well over a decade and the violent crime rate continues to increase. The one thing that DID drop crime rates was incarcerating a ton of gangbangers. That worked. These laws don't do anything but inconvenience the law abiding.

We have background checks in Colorado...which I consider unconstitutional. It's largely the huge scale of gun ownership by conservatives that's kept this nation the freest on earth. It is at our own peril that we give up our capacity for armed resistance against despots. How many times does humanity have to be kicked in the ass for that lesson to finally sink in?

Too bad you listened to the liars about what that bill does. It's gonna lose when challenged in the courts.

On what grounds will it be challenged and why would it lose in the courts?

Six other states also have this law and it's not been overturned. I don't know if it's being challenged at all in those six other states either.

The commerce clause clearly allows for regulating sales. The second amendment certainly allows for regulation.

I guess you want criminals to be able to just walk into a gun show or go on line to buy their gun for their next crime.

I'm so glad people like you are the minority in this issue.

No, six other States do not have that law. you really ought to know what you are talking about.. Or are you just parroting what you were told?

Great, here's a little laboratory to test once again the failure of gun control.

Failed in Chicago, failed in Washington D.C., failed in California...and in a couple of year we'll add "failed in Washington State" to that list.

Lying liberal scum mostly invaders from freakville California passed a gun control bill in my state of Washington. They took over and ruined Oregon and now they are working on Washington.

Indeed, and I think that's hitting the nail on the head.

The NRA should themselves be backing proposals like this, but instead oppose any and every measure of common sense because they rely so heavily on funding from arms manufacturers. It's like pharmaceutical companies campaigning for Ebola to be let loose in the US so they could sell vaccine shots.

These measure will only be truly effective when they operate nationwide, but even so....lives will be saved, and that is what we should all focus on.

Lying liberal scum mostly invaders from freakville California passed a gun control bill in my state of Washington. They took over and ruined Oregon and now they are working on Washington.

You must really hate democracy.

No I hate lying liberals, the 594 ads they ran were so full of lies people didn't know what the hell they were voting for. The initiative doesn't do a fraction of what the LYING liberals said it does AND they don't care that wasn't the objective. The objective is to bit by bit erode away our 2nd amendment rights.

On a bright note up there in that cesspool of liberals in Seattle their morning commute to go 28 miles took 2 hours 25 minutes today AHAHAHAHA!

Blues -

Actually, the objective is to make streets, schools and workplaces safer - not that you care about that, of course.

You second amendment rights are safe and secure, and I don't see anyone challenging that. If the NRA was in anyway sane they would also be looking at ways to balance the rights of gun holders against the obvious need to keep guns out of the hands of gangs, nutcases and fanatics. Instead, they prefer to protect the "rights" of scizophrenics and loose canons to threaten their neighbours.

This is a stupid law. Why should someone need to pass a background check to purchase a gun? Damn liberals are just trying to keep honest Americans from buying guns.

Riiiiight /sarcasm If the lying left wants to make our streets safer how about kicking out all the meth dealing illegals plaguing Oregon and Washington? Versus passing anti-2nd amendment laws infringing on law abiding citizens 2nd amendment rights, laws the freaks and criminals have no intention of obeying in the first place. Your side is either monumentally stupid or lying those are the only two choices.

You are a Nihilist

Criminals don't get their guns through normal channels is the point. As I said California has had those laws in place for well over a decade and the violent crime rate continues to increase. The one thing that DID drop crime rates was incarcerating a ton of gangbangers. That worked. These laws don't do anything but inconvenience the law abiding.

You are right about street thugs not getting their guns through normal channels, but the guy who is a mental case usually just goes to a gun show to buy his guns before killing those who pissed him off a day or two before.

Indeed, and I think that's hitting the nail on the head.

The NRA should themselves be backing proposals like this, but instead oppose any and every measure of common sense because they rely so heavily on funding from arms manufacturers. It's like pharmaceutical companies campaigning for Ebola to be let loose in the US so they could sell vaccine shots.

These measure will only be truly effective when they operate nationwide, but even so....lives will be saved, and that is what we should all focus on.

No state where these laws have been passed has seen a single life saved. You're long on emotion and hyperbole, but real short on facts.

Forum List

Back