Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital

They defend the U.S. Constitution, which every one of them swears an oath to. And as I'm sure you're well aware, freedom of religion is enshrined in our Constitution. So yes, among a variety of reasons for which they fight, they fight for freedom of religion.
Please list a war that US soldiers fought in for freedom of religion? ...... :cool:
Asked and answered.

Actually, there seems to be a problem with that date faun, as there is no presidential or va directive from Sept 23, 2002, according to records. Of note, it also says it is a rescission of that directive, with his being the current as of 2009. Looks like Obama's guy issued these rules.
And this page shows it replaces nothing-
Request Rejected
re·scis·sion

[rəˈsiZHən]

NOUN

formal

the revocation, cancellation, or repeal of a law, order, or agreement.

synonyms: revocation · repeal · annulment · nullification ·

[more]

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2002-09-23/xml/FR-2002-09-23.xml

Obama's VA Facility Bans Christmas Trees and 'Merry Christmas'

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So Congress is helpless as Obama rules like a tyrant with Executive Orders.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

It makes me want to puke.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth
Looks like your war on Christmas was a special gift from Bush in 2002, not Obama. Who knew Bush was a closet Muslim?

1. REASON FOR ISSUE: This Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Directive revises authority and policy for including religious symbols in holiday displays at VA facilities. This ensures that holiday displays in public areas of VA facilities do not favor one religious faith group over another and do not appear to be an official endorsement of religion. This will also ensure that displays are made with knowledge of and sensitivity to our nation's diverse religious traditions.

2. SUMMARY OF MAJOR CHANGES: This re-issues Directive 0022, dated September 23, 2002.

Last edited:

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth
Considering that Republicans want to cut veterans benefits, perhaps that's not the best example.

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?
Which part of "free exercise thereof" is giving you problems?

Or is it the part that says that "Congress shall pass NO LAW"??
The veterans staying in those VA facilities can put up any display they want for any faith; their free exercise thereof is not infringed. Same for the folks working there. What they were instructed not to do, as a government facility, was to endorse a religion. Which is in accordance with the U.S. Constitution.
Do you have the wording of the law that forbids this supposed "endorsing a religion"?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
Establishing equals endorsement :dunno: Who knew

They defend the U.S. Constitution, which every one of them swears an oath to. And as I'm sure you're well aware, freedom of religion is enshrined in our Constitution. So yes, among a variety of reasons for which they fight, they fight for freedom of religion.
Please list a war that US soldiers fought in for freedom of religion? ...... :cool:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

You have a problem with Freedom of Religion?

Where is a Christmas tree mentioned anywhere in the Bible?

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

What does that have to do with Freedom of Religion?

Or did you 'accidently' miss Jillians comment?

"no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church."

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

not at all. i encourage it as long as you don't try to bother anyone else with your beliefs.

but luckily we have a first amendment that keeps your religion out of my government.

unless of course you want *my* religion to be the national one.

see how that woks?

you whiners think we're supposed to live by christian dogma. guess what? i couldn't care less about your christian dogma and i figure you aren't going to keep kosher. so we should just go about our own business. mmmkay?

would you like a tissue?
Which part of "free exercise thereof" is giving you problems?

Or is it the part that says that "Congress shall pass NO LAW"??
and the VA hospital is home to many of them.

i'm not sure how a christmas tree on government property keeps anyone from celebrating their religion?

you have the right to freely exercise your religion. i have the right NOT to exercise your religion as you have the right not to exercise mine.

that seems to confuse fundies.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

not at all. i encourage it as long as you don't try to bother anyone else with your beliefs.

but luckily we have a first amendment that keeps your religion out of my government.

see how that woks?

you whiners think we're supposed to live by christian dogma. guess what? i couldn't care less about your christian dogma and i figure you aren't going to keep kosher. so we should just go about our own business. mmmkay?

hey half witty WillHaftawaite what was funny about the above, nutter?

:cuckoo:

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

see how that woks?

That kind of impedes that pesky free exercise doesn't it?

No, we have a First Amendment that state the government will not establish a religion.

I dont' want anyone's religion to be the national one.

I also don't want anyone infringing on my, or anyone elses, freedoms.

my Christian dogma?

I'm agnostic, little girl.

Just because someone fights for the freedoms of others religious rights, doesn't mean they are religious.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

see how that woks?

what wasn't?

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

see how that woks?

That kind of impedes that pesky free exercise doesn't it?

No, we have a First Amendment that state the government will not establish a religion.

I dont' want anyone's religion to be the national one.

I also don't want anyone infringing on my, or anyone elses, freedoms.

my Christian dogma?

I'm agnostic, little girl.

Just because someone fights for the freedoms of others religious rights, doesn't mean they are religious.

1. i'm not your little girl, little boy. don't assume because you're in high school that i am. but thanks.

2. no... your not being able to impose your religion on me does NOT impede your ability to worship where you choose, if you choose.

3. if you're agnostic you wouldn't give a rats putout about someone forcing a christmas tree on you.

now let me tell you what normal people think...

if government wants to put up a christmas tree and a menorah and whatever else people use for their symbols, i don't care. i do think the money should be private money and the symbols should be celebratory not religious.

but please let me know where jesus, a jew, told people to get a christmas tree.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

see how that woks?

what wasn't?

to someone of your limited intelligence and education, i can see where you might say that. :cuckoo:

now have a good day. do try to get out of mommy's basement and get some exercise.

some of us need to get to work.

:thup:

Forum List

Back