Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital

Obama's VA Facility Bans Christmas Trees and 'Merry Christmas'

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So Congress is helpless as Obama rules like a tyrant with Executive Orders.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

It makes me want to puke.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?
Which part of "free exercise thereof" is giving you problems?

Or is it the part that says that "Congress shall pass NO LAW"??
and the VA hospital is home to many of them.

Jews. Muslims. Buddhists, sikhs, Hindus and others don't celebrate that holiday, If people want to do it , that's why they have tax fee churches. Now if they want a holiday tree without any religious adornments that should be OK . Government should not support religious symbols or greeting in a public building that serves all, including non christers. But the christers will continue to whine away. Christian preferred status is going the way of the dinosaurs, thankfully so

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth
Looks like your war on Christmas was a special gift from Bush in 2002, not Obama. Who knew Bush was a closet Muslim?

1. REASON FOR ISSUE: This Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Directive revises authority and policy for including religious symbols in holiday displays at VA facilities. This ensures that holiday displays in public areas of VA facilities do not favor one religious faith group over another and do not appear to be an official endorsement of religion. This will also ensure that displays are made with knowledge of and sensitivity to our nation's diverse religious traditions.

2. SUMMARY OF MAJOR CHANGES: This re-issues Directive 0022, dated September 23, 2002.

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

The veterans staying in those VA facilities can put up any display they want for any faith; their free exercise thereof is not infringed. Same for the folks working there. What they were instructed not to do, as a government facility, was to endorse a religion. Which is in accordance with the U.S. Constitution.

Faun, the link you gave is to an ASP page but it's trying to open like a PDF or something, could you give another linky?

Faun, the link you gave is to an ASP page but it's trying to open like a PDF or something, could you give another linky?
Sorry, that's the only link I have to that document. If clicking on that link doesn't work for you, try right-clicking on the link (if you're using a mouse) and saving it, then opening the PDF.

Considering that Republicans want to cut veterans benefits, perhaps that's not the best example.

would you like a tissue?

The veterans staying in those VA facilities can put up any display they want for any faith; their free exercise thereof is not infringed. Same for the folks working there. What they were instructed not to do, as a government facility, was to endorse a religion. Which is in accordance with the U.S. Constitution.
Do you have the wording of the law that forbids this supposed "endorsing a religion"?

Considering that Republicans want to cut veterans benefits, perhaps that's not the best example.

would you like a tissue?

Do you have the wording of the law that forbids this supposed "endorsing a religion"?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Wrong again, as usual – Christmas trees are allowed at the center:

"UPDATE: A letter from the Salem VA Medical Center to all employees stating Christmas trees will not be allowed in public areas this holiday season ignites a debate. But, after a heated meeting Friday afternoon — management is going to deck the halls and light the tree after all."

After heated debate, Salem VA Medical Center allows Christmas tree after all

I guess the War on Christmas is over. :)

When did veterans fight for freedom of religion? ....... :dunno:
Just so you know.

Franklin D. Roosevelt speaks of Four Freedoms

• On this day in 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt addresses Congress in an effort to move the nation away from a foreign policy of neutrality. The president had watched with increasing anxiety as European nations struggled and fell to Hitler’s fascist regime and was intent on rallying public support for the United States to take a stronger interventionist role. In his address to the 77th Congress, Roosevelt stated that the need of the moment is that our actions and our policy should be devoted primarily–almost exclusively–to meeting the foreign peril. For all our domestic problems are now a part of the great emergency.

Roosevelt insisted that people in all nations of the world shared Americans’ entitlement to four freedoms: the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom to worship God in his own way, freedom from want and freedom from fear. After Roosevelt’s death and the end of World War II, his widow Eleanor often referred to the four freedoms when advocating for passage of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Mrs. Roosevelt participated in the drafting of that declaration, which was adopted by the United Nations in 1948.

Sorry, that's the only link I have to that document. If clicking on that link doesn't work for you, try right-clicking on the link (if you're using a mouse) and saving it, then opening the PDF.

Typical government... Doesn't know the difference between ASP (Active Server Protocol) and PDF (Portable Document Format)... and folks want these dipshits running all our shit? Pfffttttt

I can't find the document any other way either and every linky to it is borked so here it is for everyone else:

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS VA DIRECTIVE 0022
Washington, DC 20420 Transmittal Sheet
February 26, 2009
RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS IN HOLIDAY DISPLAYS IN VA FACILITIES

1. REASON FOR ISSUE: This Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Directive revises
authority and policy for including religious symbols in holiday displays at VA facilities. This
ensures that holiday displays in public areas of VA facilities do not favor one religious faith
group over another and do not appear to be an official endorsement of religion. This will also
ensure that displays are made with knowledge of and sensitivity to our nation's diverse
religious traditions.

2. SUMMARY OF MAJOR CHANGES: This re-issues Directive 0022, dated
September 23, 2002.

3. RELATED HANDBOOKS: None.

4. RESPONSIBLE OFFICE: The Office of the Director, Chaplain Service (110C), is
responsible for the contents of this Directive.

5. RESCISSIONS: VA Directive 0022, dated September 23, 2002.

/s/
ERIC K. SHINSEKI
SECRETARY OF
VETERANS AFFAIRS
CERTIFIED BY:
/s/
Stephen W. Warren
Acting Assistant Secretary
for Information and Technology
February 26, 2009 VA DIRECTIVE 0022
RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS IN HOLIDAY DISPLAYS IN VA FACILITIES
1. PURPOSE: This Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Directive revises policies and
procedures for including religious symbols in holiday displays at VA facilities.
2. POLICY: VA recognizes the cultural and spiritual significance of religious symbols in
holiday celebrations. Religious symbols may be included in a holiday display in a public area
of a VA facility if the display does not favor one religion over another and conveys a primarily
secular message. NOTE: This policy does not govern displays for religious services in VA
chapels or in employees' workspaces that are not generally accessible to the public.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Under Secretaries, Assistant Secretaries, and Other Key Officials. Under
Secretaries, Assistant Secretaries, and Other Key Officials are responsible for ensuring that
holiday displays within their immediate offices are in accordance with this policy.
b. General Counsel. The General Counsel, or designee, is responsible for advising VA
officials and managers, upon request, about the interpretation of and applicability of court
decisions and legal issues pertaining to placement of religious symbols in public areas of
government facilities.
c. Director, Chaplain Service, Veterans Health Administration (VHA). The Director,
Chaplain Service, VHA, is responsible for advising VA officials and managers, upon request,
about the religious significance of particular symbols and the practices of various faith groups.

d. Directors of VA Medical Centers, Regional Offices, Cemeteries, and other Free-
Standing Facilities

(1) Directors of VA facilities must ensure that holiday displays under their supervision
comply with this policy.
(2) Holiday displays may be placed in public areas of VA medical centers, outpatient
clinics, veterans' centers, regional offices, cemeteries, and other VA facilities. Public areas of
VA facilities include: lobbies, public entrances, security desks, grounds, nursing stations and
other places where the general public may see a display.
(3) Religious symbols may be included in a holiday display in a public area of a VA facility
if the display does not favor one religion over another, and conveys a primarily secular
message. By placing diverse holiday symbols together in the public places of its facilities, VA
gives no preference to one holiday above another. Prominently displaying a sign or banner
containing a secular message such as "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" assists in
achieving a primarily secular message.
(4) Directors of VA facilities are encouraged to form local committees representing diverse
faith traditions that may include veterans, employees, representatives of veterans' service
organizations, other interested stakeholders, and, in VHA facilities, must include chaplains.
These committees may meet to implement holiday displays in a manner consistent with this
policy that will accommodate local needs. Questions or concerns may be referred to the local
committee for resolution. The VA Regional Counsel and the Director, Chaplain Service, need
to be consulted if a question or concern arises at any VA facility.

Just so you know.

Franklin D. Roosevelt speaks of Four Freedoms

• On this day in 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt addresses Congress in an effort to move the nation away from a foreign policy of neutrality. The president had watched with increasing anxiety as European nations struggled and fell to Hitler’s fascist regime and was intent on rallying public support for the United States to take a stronger interventionist role. In his address to the 77th Congress, Roosevelt stated that the need of the moment is that our actions and our policy should be devoted primarily–almost exclusively–to meeting the foreign peril. For all our domestic problems are now a part of the great emergency.

Roosevelt insisted that people in all nations of the world shared Americans’ entitlement to four freedoms: the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom to worship God in his own way, freedom from want and freedom from fear. After Roosevelt’s death and the end of World War II, his widow Eleanor often referred to the four freedoms when advocating for passage of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Mrs. Roosevelt participated in the drafting of that declaration, which was adopted by the United Nations in 1948.

Awesome. I LOVE it when a certified nutbag tries to grab Roosevelt's four freedoms. Especially those last two.

Every time they fought.
They fought for land, resources, and allegedly for freedom,........but never religion. ...... :cool:
They defend the U.S. Constitution, which every one of them swears an oath to. And as I'm sure you're well aware, freedom of religion is enshrined in our Constitution. So yes, among a variety of reasons for which they fight, they fight for freedom of religion.

They defend the U.S. Constitution, which every one of them swears an oath to. And as I'm sure you're well aware, freedom of religion is enshrined in our Constitution. So yes, among a variety of reasons for which they fight, they fight for freedom of religion.
Please list a war that US soldiers fought in for freedom of religion? ...... :cool:

Forum List

Back