Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital

Obama's VA Facility Bans Christmas Trees and 'Merry Christmas'

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So Congress is helpless as Obama rules like a tyrant with Executive Orders.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

It makes me want to puke.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

You have a problem with Freedom of Religion?

You have a problem with the constitution? It clearly says that our government isn't supposed to put one religion before any other.

If you're going to put a christian tree in a public place, ALL holiday symbols should be displayed. Where's the symbols for Hanukkah? Where's the symbol for the Winter Solstice?

Apparently you hate our constitution and all religions that aren't the one you follow.

It clearly says that our government isn't supposed to put one religion before any other.

also says religion shall not be impeded.

Where's the tipping point?

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

Usually conservatives hide the fact that they hate our constitution and first amendment. But here you are displaying it for all to see

The supreme court has ruled that there's a separation of church and state in America. I don't know if you've read about it, usually people like you have their heads stuck up their butt.

I also don't know how you can blame that on Obama. But you and britebart will twist yourselves into pretzels to do so. Even though it's ridiculous.

If you want to see a christmas tree, go to the white house. There's several of them there and I'm sure Michelle Obama will be happy to give you a guided tour. Interesting how there's several christmas trees at the white house where Obama and his family live but you claim he won't allow them at a VA hospital.

Do you know how stupid and petty your post is?
It is libtards who hate the constitution and first amendment.

Usually conservatives hide the fact that they hate our constitution and first amendment. But here you are displaying it for all to see

The supreme court has ruled that there's a separation of church and state in America. I don't know if you've read about it, usually people like you have their heads stuck up their butt.

I also don't know how you can blame that on Obama. But you and britebart will twist yourselves into pretzels to do so. Even though it's ridiculous.

If you want to see a christmas tree, go to the white house. There's several of them there and I'm sure Michelle Obama will be happy to give you a guided tour. Interesting how there's several christmas trees at the white house where Obama and his family live but you claim he won't allow them at a VA hospital.

Let me be the first to congratulate you. A fascist who knows we have more than one amendment jumps to the head of the class.

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

You have a problem with the constitution? It clearly says that our government isn't supposed to put one religion before any other.

If you're going to put a christian tree in a public place, ALL holiday symbols should be displayed. Where's the symbols for Hanukkah? Where's the symbol for the Winter Solstice?

Apparently you hate our constitution and all religions that aren't the one you follow.

It clearly says that our government isn't supposed to put one religion before any other.

So you have no problem with showing all Americans that you don't have a clue what's in our constitution. Those words you posted aren't in the constitution. Here it is for all you uninformed conservatives:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

The supreme court has ruled over and over again that religion must be separate from the government. I know you conservatives don't believe that you have to follow the same rules as everyone else but you're wrong. That constitution applies to everyone equally.

Just saying it doesn't make it true. In this case you're the one on the side of violating our constitution and first amendment. I'm the one who wants to follow it.

Just who hates the constitution here? I know it's not me or any liberal.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

So you have no problem with showing all Americans that you don't have a clue what's in our constitution. Those words you posted aren't in the constitution. Here it is for all you uninformed conservatives:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

The supreme court has ruled over and over again that religion must be separate from the government. I know you conservatives don't believe that you have to follow the same rules as everyone else but you're wrong. That constitution applies to everyone equally.

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

how different is that from "also says religion shall not be impeded."?

Again, where is the tipping point?

Obama has done absolutely nothing for veterans or their families, and that's an absolute fact - but, we (vets and active duty) expected that when he was selected for the White House. Democratic Presidents historically and proudly shit on veterans, specifically Clinton and Carter, if someone needs a starting point/baseline in which to look it up and doing some research. The only interest Obama has in the military is protecting his ignorant ass 24/7 and transporting his ignorant ass 24/7. The military/retirees loathe him. Always have. Always will.

In the spirit of the USMB "Christian" attitude toward refugees, the poor, and Anyone We Don't Like, something as angelic as you are to top your Pagan Tree this season:

1edd_weeping_angel_christmas_topper.jpg

Don't blink.

Wrong again, as usual – Christmas trees are allowed at the center:

"UPDATE: A letter from the Salem VA Medical Center to all employees stating Christmas trees will not be allowed in public areas this holiday season ignites a debate. But, after a heated meeting Friday afternoon — management is going to deck the halls and light the tree after all."

After heated debate, Salem VA Medical Center allows Christmas tree after all

"Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays."

Straw man fallacy, yet another ridiculous lie.

The vast majority of 'liberals' are Christian, celebrate Christmas, and an even larger majority are persons of faith.

How exactly is one or two instances of something in a population of 300 million suddenly a WAR on something?

Stop watching Faux Noise, turn off your radio, and you'll see the world they try to paint for you does not exist. But the only way you'll see that is to be free from their nonstop vomit-fest for at least a couple weeks.
^ that

would you like a tissue?

No, it belongs in society, only government has to be neutral, not the people.

You can't banish religion behind closed doors, no matter how much you want to.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

Doesn't say anything about separation of church and state. Libtards are wrong as is the supreme court. The constitution says government can not tell you how to practice your faith, nothing to do with bibles in school, praying at a football game or Ten Commandments on court house wall.

Separation of Church and State was more about protecting people from the government when they practiced their religion, not the other way around. It was about Tithes, and Religious tests, and sanctions against non-governmental religions, as seen in European countries with State Churches.

It was not about having a VA hospital be afraid to put up a Christmas tree for its staff or patients due to fears of being called out for violating the 1st amendment. When government steps into roles that were not considered government functions back when the document was founded, one has to look at it logically. How does allowing a Christmas tree in a VA hospital "Establish" a religion?

I think the whole thing is stupid, but I'm going to guess that some non-Christian group got pissed and offended thus the HR folks went the /no religious holiday crap/ route. It happens all the time, not specifically at xmas time, but in general. People are /looking/ for reasons to be offended and this is one of the easier ways to "get offended."

Certainly gets more traction than "I had to read books written by white people" doesn't it?

I think the whole thing is stupid, but I'm going to guess that some non-Christian group got pissed and offended thus the HR folks went the /no religious holiday crap/ route. It happens all the time, not specifically at xmas time, but in general. People are /looking/ for reasons to be offended and this is one of the easier ways to "get offended."

Certainly gets more traction than "I had to read books written by white people" doesn't it?

It's all the same self centered, me me me world view that the modern progressive seems to embrace.

You pseudo-Christians are going about this all wrong. Never mind that your own religion instructs you:

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get."

But if the absence of a tree in the lobby of a VA hospital in another state that you've never visited upsets you so much, you should join with Pagan Americans in protesting the removal of their sacred tree from the hospital.

Or you can dry your crocodile tears and volunteer at a VA hospital, instead of taking SassyIrishBitch's attitude that "they knew the risks when they enlisted." Some of those in VA hospitals will never leave. Others have no family nearby to visit them on the holidays.

You want to be something other than a useless whiny asshole on a message board? Pay attention to what your religion tells you about visiting the sick.

I wish it were only one political party, but it's not, it the entire god damn country. I'm not sure what got lost, but somehow there is a fucked up mentality in this country today... Like...

Okay, so my husband is pondering reporting a 20 something drive-through cashier at the local McDonald's to the owners because for the second time this dirt bag has told him the wrong amount was due and then put into the register the wrong amount he'd given the guy - In this case the bill was $20, the kid was saying it was $22 and my husband though, hmmm they raised the prices. Then he looks at the receipt and it's $20, so he call the guy on it and the guy goes oh your right sorry bout that. - My husband is /sure/ that this guy is ripping off the owners, pocketing the extra cash, and my husband's right, I'd never catch it, most folks wouldn't, specially not out here. We just pay what the guy says it is and move on, we don't add up how much it should be in our heads or anything, we just ya know pay what he says is owed.

But the fucked up part, which I know from personal experience managing, is that this guy, if caught, 9 times out of 10 will feel 'justified' in ripping off the owners. It's like we had a gal at a local place; the owner, friend of the family, wanted me to take over running it so he could retire and his kids wouldn't do it (I convinced the kids to take over) - but so there's this gal and she apparently hated a co-worker, so I come to find out she's stealing money from the till and blaming him, AND making Yelp complaints about this co-worker in order to get him fired. That's fucked the hell up...

Another instance, so I catch this guy stealing from the company during deposit runs (not a hell of a lot, ya know $10-15 here and there, it was nothing this particular company couldn't absorb so I advised that with the cost of retraining, which we'd be looking at at least 3 months of training, might not be worth getting rid of the guy, rather to let me chat with him and we'll just keep an eye on him in the future; cause yea managers do that shit, half the time big companies don't even talk to the employees about theft, they just write it off, not kidding.) Well anyway so I talk to this guy and he gets an attitude with me, after I argued to let him keep his job no less, said he "felt completely justified in stealing" because he was only getting paid $20/hour. I was floored, fired him on the spot, of course, but I /still/ haven't gotten over that sense of "justification" he apparently felt. I mean I wish I could write this shit off to "oh they're acting like its okay but they really know its wrong" but I don't think that's the case.

Another instance, I'm consulting for an international and they'd brought up a supply issue, kind of as an aside (basically just saying "hey if you notice anything let us know.") So anyway I'm in a meeting with the HR department to streamline their interviewing and hiring practices and this gal, one of the receptionists, comes in and grabs a couple cases of printer paper; we get intro'ed, shake her hand, and off she goes with the first case, then the second. So we continue with our meeting, like 20 minutes later she's back for more cases of paper; now I'm not thinking anything of this, I figure she's delivering to other divisions and crap right? Afterwards, I'm out in the lobby talking with one of the HR folks from the meeting (we hit it off and she was telling me about the local sights and what not) anyway, so the receptionist gives a case of the paper to a delivery guy that'd come in - now I know this company only has the one office building and this delivery guy is going out the front door so it strikes me as a bit odd, but ya know I just shrugged it off because who knows - maybe it's being sent to an at-home worker, you never know. Fast forward like a month, so it turns out this receptionist is selling the cases of paper online and pocketing the money, no one in the building ever really noticed and so forth so it just kind of didn't get noticed, funny story, until one of the new hires went to their boss saying that they saw cases of paper for sale online all the time and it'd be cheaper than they were paying Office Depot right? So this kid, the new hire, sets up to buy some cases of paper and ends up standing before the receptionist at his new work LOL So the manager is talking to the receptionist about this "situation" (because you have to be real prim and proper when catching someone stealing these days ~rolls eyes~) and this woman says that she was told it was a "perk of working there." I'm thinking, what kind of bullshit lame excuse is that shit, right? No turns out, no fucking joke, the other manager had allowed /all/ the employees to sell off company supplies and in exchange they were supposed to give 10% back to the "company" (aka the managers pocket, right?) So the head honcho's talk to this manager guy and he's pissed that he's only making $150k when the senior manager is making $180k so he's "making up for the inequality of pay" by selling the supplies. How fucked up is that shit?

UGH... Yea, I wish it was just one party, but it's not, the whole fucking world's gone stupid >.<

... I'm sorry, I went off on a rant there :/

Just saying it doesn't make it true. In this case you're the one on the side of violating our constitution and first amendment. I'm the one who wants to follow it.

Just who hates the constitution here? I know it's not me or any liberal.
I m not a libtard therefore not on the side of violating the constitution. Sorry but this trend of turning stuff around doesn't work.

Forum List

Back