Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital

Obama's VA Facility Bans Christmas Trees and 'Merry Christmas'

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So Congress is helpless as Obama rules like a tyrant with Executive Orders.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

It makes me want to puke.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

Looking at the original source articles (not Breitbart spinning a narrative), it appears to be an HR policy of that particular hospital. Not the Veteran Affairs office. And one that isn't even in effect:

To recap:

Christmas trees are going up.

No one has been forbidden to say "Merry Christmas"

As it says in the Bible- Much ado about nothing

LOL
In a statement the Salem VAMC public affairs officer said, “it was determined that Christmas trees could be displayed in public areas so long as they were accompanied by the respective symbols of the two other faiths that celebrate holidays during this holiday season – namely symbols commemorating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

After heated debate, Salem VA Medical Center allows Christmas tree after all

As the article argues, even the White House is putting up a Christmas tree.

Worse for your 'War on Christmas' narrative.......this policy the hospitals interpretation of VA Directive 0022, which has been around since at least 2002.

"Religious symbols may be included in a holiday display in a public area of a VA facility if the display does not favor one religion over another, and conveys a primarily secular message. By placing diverse holiday symbols together in the public places of its facilities, VA gives no preference to one holiday above another. Prominently displaying a sign or banner containing a secular message such as ‘Happy Holidays’ or ‘Seasons Greetings’ assists in achieving [that] primarily secular message."

Directive 0022

Its probably better to read the original source article. Its far less biased and includes more useful information.

To recap:

LOL

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

Looking at the original source articles (not Breitbart spinning a narrative), it appears to be an HR policy of that particular hospital. Not the Veteran Affairs office. And one that isn't even in effect:

To recap:

LOL
In a statement the Salem VAMC public affairs officer said, “it was determined that Christmas trees could be displayed in public areas so long as they were accompanied by the respective symbols of the two other faiths that celebrate holidays during this holiday season – namely symbols commemorating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

Worse for your 'War on Christmas' narrative.......this policy the hospitals interpretation of VA Directive 0022, which has been around since at least 2002.

"Religious symbols may be included in a holiday display in a public area of a VA facility if the display does not favor one religion over another, and conveys a primarily secular message. By placing diverse holiday symbols together in the public places of its facilities, VA gives no preference to one holiday above another. Prominently displaying a sign or banner containing a secular message such as ‘Happy Holidays’ or ‘Seasons Greetings’ assists in achieving [that] primarily secular message."

Directive 0022

Its probably better to read the original source article. Its far less biased and includes more useful information.

To recap:

LOL

Sigh...its like a conservative isn't happy unless he's having a rage stroke about nothing. Thankfully there's an entire industry to cater to the persecution fantasies of these poor delusional souls.

To recap:

LOL

Directive 0022

To recap:

LOL

Sigh...its like a conservative isn't happy unless he's having a rage stroke about nothing. Thankfully there's an entire industry to cater to the persecution fantasies of these poor delusional souls.

But wait- Starbucks hates Christmas too!

To recap:

LOL

Directive 0022

To recap:

LOL

But wait- Starbucks hates Christmas too!

In their defense, the blood and bone chips in their eyes from the rage stroke will turn anything at Starbucks into a 'red holiday cup'.

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

You have a problem with Freedom of Religion?

Where is a Christmas tree mentioned anywhere in the Bible?
Actually the Bible tells ya NOT to erect an evergreen tree as an idol :eusa_shhh:

That was kinda my point. The bible specifically forbids it, yet these fake Christians are claiming that the government not displaying one is an infringement on their religious rights.
Here's a pretty good read on the subject:

Does Jeremiah 10:1-5 show that we should not have a Christmas tree in celebration of Christmas?

A person would chop down a tree, give the wood to a craftsman who fashioned it to the desired shape. This ”god“ was then covered with silver and gold and fastened to a base so that it would not totter. Once the god was made by man it had to be carried to its destination. It was as lifeless as a scarecrow in a melon patch. Certainly such a ”god“ could not speak to impart knowledge to its followers. So God exhorted His people not to fear those false idols. The idols had no power to harm those who disregarded them or power to do any good for those who followed them.

In closing, the author says,
There are superficial similarities between our Christmas tree and the tree of Isaiah or Jeremiah. The Christmas tree is, at best, a symbol. It is not something we worship as a god. Is it something we can do without? It certainly is. But is an idol, a profane thing that we worship, in which we place our trust? I think not.

I can accept the fact that some may refrain from using a Christmas tree out of conscience, but this is not a matter that should be debated, or over which we should divide (see Romans 14:1--15:12).

I didn't say it was an idol . People claim the lack of a Christmas tree is somehow limiting their religious liberty. I just wanted to know what religious significance it might have.

You have a problem with Freedom of Religion?

Actually the Bible tells ya NOT to erect an evergreen tree as an idol :eusa_shhh:

That was kinda my point. The bible specifically forbids it, yet these fake Christians are claiming that the government not displaying one is an infringement on their religious rights.

Does Jeremiah 10:1-5 show that we should not have a Christmas tree in celebration of Christmas?

A person would chop down a tree, give the wood to a craftsman who fashioned it to the desired shape. This ”god“ was then covered with silver and gold and fastened to a base so that it would not totter. Once the god was made by man it had to be carried to its destination. It was as lifeless as a scarecrow in a melon patch. Certainly such a ”god“ could not speak to impart knowledge to its followers. So God exhorted His people not to fear those false idols. The idols had no power to harm those who disregarded them or power to do any good for those who followed them.

There are superficial similarities between our Christmas tree and the tree of Isaiah or Jeremiah. The Christmas tree is, at best, a symbol. It is not something we worship as a god. Is it something we can do without? It certainly is. But is an idol, a profane thing that we worship, in which we place our trust? I think not.

I can accept the fact that some may refrain from using a Christmas tree out of conscience, but this is not a matter that should be debated, or over which we should divide (see Romans 14:1--15:12).

I didn't say it was an idol . People claim the lack of a Christmas tree is somehow limiting their religious liberty. I just wanted to know what religious significance it might have.
To be honest it's very similar to the Pagans'....the evergreen signifying the whole 'life after death' thing

personally? I like Christmas trees. I also like menorahs and lights and all of the other holiday stuff.

I will, however, continue to make fun of the "war on Christmas" crowd.

and now i'm going to go get my red cup from starbucks. :)

I hope I've never been so hyperbole-ic as to think that there is "war" on Christmas

But one cannot deny that there is a mention-able amount of people that would marginalize it and would be happy without it

Lots of people don't care about high school football, and would be happy without it. That doesn't make them a bad person any more than having the same thoughts about Christmas.

personally? I like Christmas trees. I also like menorahs and lights and all of the other holiday stuff.

I hope I've never been so hyperbole-ic as to think that there is "war" on Christmas

But one cannot deny that there is a mention-able amount of people that would marginalize it and would be happy without it

Lots of people don't care about high school football, and would be happy without it. That doesn't make them a bad person any more than having the same thoughts about Christmas.
When people start petitioning schools to have them stop saying Go Tigers I'll take that as a valid comparison

To be honest it's very similar to the Pagans'....the evergreen signifying the whole 'life after death' thing

I think the only significance it has is there have always been Christmas trees and it's just part of the tradition. Nothing wrong with that, and if they didn't claim it had something to do with religion, there probably wouldn't be a problem.

When people start petitioning schools to have them stop saying Go Tigers I'll take that as a valid comparison

No problem with the Tigers, but you have to let them cheer for their team too.

Forum List

Back