Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital

but please let me know where jesus, a jew, told people to get a christmas tree.

It's in the book of Hebrews

"And goeth out, before the day of my birth, the day after the festival of turkeys, and slaughter a tree. Bringth back to thine abode, and decorate it with tinsel, ovepriced decorations and candles. The day after my birthday, which you should indulge as an orgy of consumerism, through it on to the front lawn for the waste disposal man to picketh up."

"And goeth out, before the day of my birth, the day after the festival of turkeys, and slaughter a tree. Bringth back to thine abode, and decorate it with tinsel, ovepriced decorations and candles. The day after my birthday, which you should indulge as an orgy of consumerism, through it on to the front lawn for the waste disposal man to picketh up."

thanks. i must have missed that part. :)

Obama's VA Facility Bans Christmas Trees and 'Merry Christmas'

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So Congress is helpless as Obama rules like a tyrant with Executive Orders.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

It makes me want to puke.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

Liberals hate God, Jesus, and the celebration of Christian holidays.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

You have a problem with Freedom of Religion?

not at all. i encourage it as long as you don't try to bother anyone else with your beliefs.

but luckily we have a first amendment that keeps your religion out of my government.

unless of course you want *my* religion to be the national one.

see how that woks?

you whiners think we're supposed to live by christian dogma. guess what? i couldn't care less about your christian dogma and i figure you aren't going to keep kosher. so we should just go about our own business. mmmkay?

not at all. i encourage it as long as you don't try to bother anyone else with your beliefs.

That kind of impedes that pesky free exercise doesn't it?

but luckily we have a first amendment that keeps your religion out of my government.

No, we have a First Amendment that state the government will not establish a religion.

unless of course you want *my* religion to be the national one.

I dont' want anyone's religion to be the national one.

I also don't want anyone infringing on my, or anyone elses, freedoms.

my Christian dogma?

I'm agnostic, little girl.

Just because someone fights for the freedoms of others religious rights, doesn't mean they are religious.

1. i'm not your little girl, little boy. don't assume because you're in high school that i am. but thanks.

2. no... your not being able to impose your religion on me does NOT impede your ability to worship where you choose, if you choose.

3. if you're agnostic you wouldn't give a rats putout about someone forcing a christmas tree on you.

now let me tell you what normal people think...

if government wants to put up a christmas tree and a menorah and whatever else people use for their symbols, i don't care. i do think the money should be private money and the symbols should be celebratory not religious.

1. i'm not your little girl, little boy.

Then stop acting like one.

. no... your not being able to impose your religion on me does NOT impede your ability to worship where you choose

no one is 'imposing' religion on you.

Dont' like the decorations, leave the room.

But, act like an adult, respect the views of others

if you're agnostic you wouldn't give a rats putout about someone forcing a christmas tree on you.

It about the right, little girl, not the religion.
and unless someone is shoving that tree up your ___, they arent' 'imposing' it on you.

now let me tell you what normal people think...

How would YOU have any idea what NORMAL people think?

I have to say this fellow Christian. Obama is a total asshole and likes to shit on us because he enjoys persecuting everything Christian -- even something as secular as the Christmas tree.

If this were any other country with a parliamentary system, Obama would already be out of power on a "no confidence" vote.

So he ruins Christmas for veterans in hospitals. These guys fought for the freedom of religion, that now has been denied to them.

And I will say this, any liberal who comes on this thread to deny there is a War on Christmas, you are a liar.

They want a world that only celebrates liberal days, like "Earth Day" -- and by the way Earth Day is held on the birth

no one hates your religion. but it doesn't belong everyplace. it belongs in your home and church.

would you like a tissue?
Which part of "free exercise thereof" is giving you problems?

Or is it the part that says that "Congress shall pass NO LAW"??
and the VA hospital is home to many of them.

i'm not sure how a christmas tree on government property keeps anyone from celebrating their religion?

you have the right to freely exercise your religion. i have the right NOT to exercise your religion as you have the right not to exercise mine.

that seems to confuse fundies.

Who are you referring to as a fundie?

You forgot to add.

"and ye shall be blessed by selling cheap plastic crap to the goyim on this day of celebration of their man god"

Lettuce pray

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

Where is a Christmas tree mentioned anywhere in the Bible?
Actually the Bible tells ya NOT to erect an evergreen tree as an idol :eusa_shhh:

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

Actually the Bible tells ya NOT to erect an evergreen tree as an idol :eusa_shhh:

I thought the bible prohibited all idolotry

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

That was kinda my point. The bible specifically forbids it, yet these fake Christians are claiming that the government not displaying one is an infringement on their religious rights.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

That was kinda my point. The bible specifically forbids it, yet these fake Christians are claiming that the government not displaying one is an infringement on their religious rights.

the should let us know when the government keeps them from having a tree at their church, or their home or other private places.

i'm not sure why they need their religion validated by anyone else.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

the should let us know when the government keeps them from having a tree at their church, or their home or other private places.

I'm not sure why grown people, supposedly adults, whine like little girls over a Christmas tree, a cross, a menorah, or a colander of spaghetti.

Want to whine about a Christmas tree backed by government?

Whine about the ones in the White House.

Want to whine about separation of church and state?

Whine about the chaplains in the House and Senate.

Stop holding your breath, and stomping your feet til you get your way.

It's childish

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

Here's a pretty good read on the subject:

Does Jeremiah 10:1-5 show that we should not have a Christmas tree in celebration of Christmas?

A person would chop down a tree, give the wood to a craftsman who fashioned it to the desired shape. This ”god“ was then covered with silver and gold and fastened to a base so that it would not totter. Once the god was made by man it had to be carried to its destination. It was as lifeless as a scarecrow in a melon patch. Certainly such a ”god“ could not speak to impart knowledge to its followers. So God exhorted His people not to fear those false idols. The idols had no power to harm those who disregarded them or power to do any good for those who followed them.

In closing, the author says,
There are superficial similarities between our Christmas tree and the tree of Isaiah or Jeremiah. The Christmas tree is, at best, a symbol. It is not something we worship as a god. Is it something we can do without? It certainly is. But is an idol, a profane thing that we worship, in which we place our trust? I think not.

I can accept the fact that some may refrain from using a Christmas tree out of conscience, but this is not a matter that should be debated, or over which we should divide (see Romans 14:1--15:12).

Looking at the original source articles (not Breitbart spinning a narrative), it appears to be an HR policy of that particular hospital. Not the Veteran Affairs office. And one that isn't even in effect:

In a statement the Salem VAMC public affairs officer said, “it was determined that Christmas trees could be displayed in public areas so long as they were accompanied by the respective symbols of the two other faiths that celebrate holidays during this holiday season – namely symbols commemorating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

After heated debate, Salem VA Medical Center allows Christmas tree after all

As the article argues, even the White House is putting up a Christmas tree.

Worse for your 'War on Christmas' narrative.......this policy the hospitals interpretation of VA Directive 0022, which has been around since at least 2002.

"Religious symbols may be included in a holiday display in a public area of a VA facility if the display does not favor one religion over another, and conveys a primarily secular message. By placing diverse holiday symbols together in the public places of its facilities, VA gives no preference to one holiday above another. Prominently displaying a sign or banner containing a secular message such as ‘Happy Holidays’ or ‘Seasons Greetings’ assists in achieving [that] primarily secular message."

Directive 0022

Its probably better to read the original source article. Its far less biased and includes more useful information.

would you like a tissue?

would you like a tissue?

Does Jeremiah 10:1-5 show that we should not have a Christmas tree in celebration of Christmas?

A person would chop down a tree, give the wood to a craftsman who fashioned it to the desired shape. This ”god“ was then covered with silver and gold and fastened to a base so that it would not totter. Once the god was made by man it had to be carried to its destination. It was as lifeless as a scarecrow in a melon patch. Certainly such a ”god“ could not speak to impart knowledge to its followers. So God exhorted His people not to fear those false idols. The idols had no power to harm those who disregarded them or power to do any good for those who followed them.

There are superficial similarities between our Christmas tree and the tree of Isaiah or Jeremiah. The Christmas tree is, at best, a symbol. It is not something we worship as a god. Is it something we can do without? It certainly is. But is an idol, a profane thing that we worship, in which we place our trust? I think not.

I can accept the fact that some may refrain from using a Christmas tree out of conscience, but this is not a matter that should be debated, or over which we should divide (see Romans 14:1--15:12).

personally? I like Christmas trees. I also like menorahs and lights and all of the other holiday stuff.

I will, however, continue to make fun of the "war on Christmas" crowd.

and now i'm going to go get my red cup from starbucks. :)

personally? I like Christmas trees. I also like menorahs and lights and all of the other holiday stuff.

I prefer McDonald's green one with a snowflake (I think it says JOY...maybe not)

I hope I've never been so hyperbole-ic as to think that there is "war" on Christmas

But one cannot deny that there is a mention-able amount of people that would marginalize it and would be happy without it

"Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital"

'Guess what' conservative – Establishment Clause jurisprudence determines when it is appropriate for religion to be expressed by government and when it is not.

And when government errs and violates Establishment Clause jurisprudence – such as the use of religious symbols in a school or VA hospital – and those symbols are removed in accordance with the law, it neither constitutes a 'war' on Christians nor a 'war' on Christmas.

"Guess what liberal -- the War on Christmas is back -- this time in a VA hospital"

'Guess what' conservative – Establishment Clause jurisprudence determines when it is appropriate for religion to be expressed by government and when it is not.

And when government errs and violates Establishment Clause jurisprudence – such as the use of religious symbols in a school or VA hospital – and those symbols are removed in accordance with the law, it neither constitutes a 'war' on Christians nor a 'war' on Christmas.

The funny part? The Christmas tree isn't banned. They're just putting up symbols from other religious traditions to prevent the favoring of one religion above the others.

This is breitbart's source article. But 'After heated debate, Salem VA Medical Center allows Christmas tree after all' doesn't have the same flavor of panty shitting hysterics that Breitbart readers have come to expect.

Forum List

Back