Greatest country in the world my Ass......

T-Bor

May 24, 2006
US Ranks eighth in the most recent list created by the UN on the top Nations in the world to live in. Norway, Iceland, Australia, Ireland, Sweden all ranked ahead of the US. Now some of you will say then get the hell out.. Im just saying that people who are not biased towards the US..Dont actually think this is such a great place.. I think its interesting.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_...n/20061109082409990018?ncid=NWS00010000000001

US Ranks eighth in the most recent list created by the UN on the top Nations in the world to live in. Norway, Iceland, Australia, Ireland, Sweden all ranked ahead of the US. Now some of you will say then get the hell out.. Im just saying that people who are not biased towards the US..Dont actually think this is such a great place.. I think its interesting.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_...n/20061109082409990018?ncid=NWS00010000000001

who the hell cares what the useless nations think?

My thoughts are.......

Don't like it!
Don't let the sharks bite off your.b....ls............on your swim over to Cuba......

Bye, Bye......:cool:

My thoughts are.......

Don't like it!
Don't let the sharks bite off your.................on your swim over to Cuba......

Bye, Bye......:cool:

And do not let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out

I am willing to start a fund drive for any lib who wants a one way ticket OUT of the US

Please take at least three liberal friends with you

Yeah, I noticed how much worse the illegal immigration problem is for those countries. It's getting so there aren't enough illegals to sneak into the US anymore because they are all going to those third rate backwater countries that offer so much more! What are we going to do???

These countries hate us but love our money

The US should have a 4 year shit list. You take our money, then you insult us, you go on the list

With the exception of a natural disaster, you will get nothing from the taxpayers of the US

As far as the Useless - same thing. US taxpayewrs pay for their crap and then they have the gall to insult us?

Kick the Useless Nations over the France where these freaks will feel at home

BTW I highly doubt your ass is the greatest nation ever. But its nice to see liberals showing their US hating colors again. that only benefits us.

"A list created by the UN"... and I should give a shit what they think why? And this is the same UN that caters to every angry little idiot, no account, third world dictator, that provides these morons a pulpit to call our own president "the devil"? The same UN that if it was gone it wouldn't make any difference at all?

Well here's a very candid thought for you T-moron...

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!

Let's see, the criteria for said list were:

Life expectancy
Health care
Education
Per-capita income

The United States has abyssmal public education, so that's a strike against us. Personally, I think anything containing health care as a criterium would end up ranking the U.S. the highest, as almost all major medical breakthroughs happen here. However, the U.N. likes socialized health care, so I'm sure that's a strike against us.

Then, there's the missing criteria from this list. First off, there's freedom and liberties. In Norway, the "best place in the world to live," a preacher has been arrested and convicted for preaching that homosexuality went directly against the Bible, which is true. Any country where you can be arrested for speaking a non-PC truth sucks. Sweden has similar policies. Ireland is plagued by IRA terrorists and is up there because crime and security is not an issue. Back to the freedoms thing, Australians are not allowed to own guns, making the Outback even more lawless than it already was, since all the law-abiding citizens have either left or been killed.

The list isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Oh, and in a related story on the same site, the 8th best place in the country to live is Boise, Idaho. BOISE, FRICKIN', IDAHO! Probably the most BORING state capital in the world. I mean, the state tourism site lists the top attractions of Boise as the mall and the 'tuber tour.'

It appears you repubs need to go back to school. Its "who" dummy not how..

it says who...dipshit....

i have been to and for a short time lived in 9 of the top 10.....i live in california on purpose.

also, with a straight face you say the UN isn't biased against the US?

tell me where do your cause celb countries rank?

Absolute drivel!!! Unabashed horseshit!!!

It's from the U.N. you friggin moron!!!!!!!!

Why don't you f%$king libs go over and live there then.

Get the hell out is right. Go for it..

Why are this boards Neo-cons so angry?

Rico, Pale, RSR, any reason why you folks are so angry all the time? I can't remember ever seeing a positive post from any of ya'll.

Why are this boards Neo-cons so angry?

Rico, Pale, RSR, any reason why you folks are so angry all the time? I can't remember ever seeing a positive post from any of ya'll.

I personally wouldn't characterize myself as a neo-con but hey if you like the term so be it.
Look harder.. I'm positive about correct thinking and action. It's been difficult as of late with so little of either.
And you wrote "y'all". Now I'm positive about that. It's such a better term than "you guys". Especially when refering to the ladies...

Oh and have a nice day. Buh-bye!!

In a nutshell....who cares?

So the UN ranked us 8th. Doberman Pinchers are the 23rd most popular dogs in the United States...but I'll swear that I've never had a better, more intelligent, more loving and gentle dog in my entire life than my 110-lb red dobie that is presently curled up on my couch beside me with his head in my lap as I type this. Everyone should experience the joy of owning this breed...they should be #1. People have differing opinions.

The UN survey looked at a variety of criteria...but it also left out many other characteristics that may have put the United States higher...even if it did...what would it matter.

I don't think that the United States is the best nation in the world because the UN tells me it is...I think that the United States is the best nation in the world because it is the nation of my birth, it is the nation that's freedoms, liberties, and opportunitites have provided me and my family with the wonderful life we have today, and its a nation that leads the world in a variety of areas - a nation where people from all over the world come for education, technology, art, and to raise their families. I do not need the UN to tell me that this is a great country...I know it.

And if the UN wants to call it #8 - thats fine...doesn't bother me a bit.

They use odd criteria, such as how much time a person takes off and how "satisfied" people say that they are with their current condition. The criteria doesn't take culture into account. In the US the cultural norm is to want to continue to improve constantly, to not be satisfied. Therefore people in the US often work more time and days and report that they are less satisfied than other nations...

It is culturally biased towards European nations.

Forum List

Back