Great Salt Lake Drops To Lowest level Ever Recorded

Yes it is.

I posted an article about lake Mead water levels a month or so ago.

I took a road trip to middle America in March/April this year.

I crossed many bridges over small and medium size creeks and streams.

All but one were dry.

In every state.

The river that parallels the Avenue of the Giants is nearly dry. I saw and photographed only ONE waterfall there. When that river is totally dry, the redwood trees will die.

Here in my state, the Nisqualy River which it's source is Mt. Rainer glacier, has become so small, I can literally step over it. The Nisqualy River is or was a big raging river the provided water all over the state.

Importantly it provided water to farmers.

Where are farmers going to get the water needed to grow the food we eat?

Not one living thing on this planet can live without water. Including us humans.

It's happening all over the nation but people are ignoring it.

I live in middle America, there is no water shortage, no dry creeks or rivers.... stop lying, jackwad

I'm not a dude. The Dead Sea has been drying up and retreating steadily for 40 years.

Mother nature. But you leftist clowns love to scream, globull warming....now "climate change" on anything weather....save it. It's a scam

I live in middle America, there is no water shortage, no dry creeks or rivers.... stop lying, jackwad

There is a water shortage out West. Seems a shame. Other countries are building recharge dams to capture groundwater.

Mother nature. But you leftist clowns love to scream, globull warming....now "climate change" on anything weather....save it. It's a scam

Nope its not mother nature.. Its destroying the aquifers and over pumping the Jordan river.. Since 1967 the Israelis have completely ruined the water table in the Jordan Basin.

Nope its not mother nature.. Its destroying the aquifers and over pumping the Jordan river.. Since 1967 the Israelis have completely ruined the water table in the Jordan Basin.

Anti Semitic you are....hmmm?

I've read you, it's obvious. Now run along

Anti Semitic you are....hmmm?

I've read you, it's obvious. Now run along

Nope.. Water studies since the 1950s .. The Lowdermilk Study and the Johnston Study. Religion has NOTHING to do with the Hydrology of the Jordan Basin, fool.

They have destroyed the water table since 1967.

The drought has nothing to do with the Salton Sea. It is not a natural lake. Nor was it created to be a lake. It is a sinkhole accidentally created by overflow from the Colirado River in 1905. It depends on a drain system to keep filled. The state will not send out crews periodically to unclog the drain so no more water is going into the sink hole. It is quite naturally drying up. Reports are that it is quite smelly too. Because there is no natural flow into the Salton Sea there is no outflow from the Salton Sea. The state won't clean up the dead garbage so it stinks.
Went there a few years ago, it's disgusting... dead birds everywhere, nothing lives in the water, I was shocked at how terrible it was.

Nope.. Water studies since the 1950s .. The Lowdermilk Study and the Johnston Study. Religion has NOTHING to do with the Hydrology of the Jordan Basin, fool.

They have destroyed the water table since 1967.

Bad Jews....right, Muzzle?

Went there a few years ago, it's disgusting... dead birds everywhere, nothing lives in the water, I was shocked at how terrible it was.

Was GSL always so harsh and desolate? Its like that around the Dead Sea. The air was stagnant and heavy..

Bad Jews....right, Muzzle?

Bad? They didn't have a water minister with an education for the 1st 50 years and they had dozens of them. Studies on the hydrology of the Jordan Basin are not rare ..

The Aquifers are full of Ecoli and heavy metals. The Coastal Aquifer is also backfilling with saltwater intrusion..

Its just bad management.

Hydrology of the Jordan River Basin: Watershed Delineation ...
www.inbo-news.org/IMG/pdf/comair-et-al.pdf
Hydrology of the Jordan River Basin: Watershed Delineation, Precipitation and Evapotranspiration G. F. Comair & D. C. McKinney & D. Siegel Received: 30 January 2012 /Accepted: 4 September 2012 # Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2012 Abstract The Jordan River Basin is shared between Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Jordan and

If we weren't overpopulated the Great Lakes States would have no problem sharing some of our water with people out west. But we know that will cause a problem in the future. But more and more people out west are begging for us to send our water to them. Once it's there it will never come back. That's why we don't want to share. At least when I use the water it stays in the area and eventually goes back.

So we have so many people that it's possible we could empty our Great Lakes. That's too many people.

Kind of makes you regret voting for people who refuse to build new dams, reservoirs, and treatment plants, huh?

Bad? They didn't have a water minister with an education for the 1st 50 years and they had dozens of them. Studies on the hydrology of the Jordan Basin are not rare ..

The Aquifers are full of Ecoli and heavy metals. The Coastal Aquifer is also backfilling with saltwater intrusion..

Its just bad management.

Hydrology of the Jordan River Basin: Watershed Delineation ...
www.inbo-news.org/IMG/pdf/comair-et-al.pdf
Hydrology of the Jordan River Basin: Watershed Delineation, Precipitation and Evapotranspiration G. F. Comair & D. C. McKinney & D. Siegel Received: 30 January 2012 /Accepted: 4 September 2012 # Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2012 Abstract The Jordan River Basin is shared between Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Jordan and

The thread is about the Great Salt Lake....hop back to it

There is a water shortage out West. Seems a shame. Other countries are building recharge dams to capture groundwater.
How about we get rid of the illegals and their welfare/criminal offspring------and cut down the shortage of water.

The average dope will never see a water issue as long as they turn on the tap and it comes out - and is not brown and smelly.
Oregon is bad off too - And we still have the biggest wildfire in the country.

Yes I've been reading about that wildfire. When I do I think about the area on your highway 22 eastbound from I 5 to Smith Rock.

The dead, black burned stumps and trees go on for miles and miles. Like it will never end. We all have driven through burned areas but this was different. It went on for so long I just couldn't take it. I pulled my car over, put my arms on the steering wheel then sobbed into my arms.

I knew I had to document it so I got one of my cameras, got out of the car and went to take photos. I didn't have the camera with Big Betty, my curved 14-28 lens, I had the camera with the 18-200 lens on it. So I used that.

It was horrible but I took the photos. Through tears trying to get as much as possible and to not allow my eye to only photograph any beauty left. Which is not easy for me to do. No matter what I do, I can't capture ugly.

The wildfire this year is worse.

I don't know what we can do to get the rest of the nation to wake up.

Kind of makes you regret voting for people who refuse to build new dams, reservoirs, and treatment plants, huh?

Bipartisan Infrastructure Talks On Brink Of Collapse In Senate​

Democratic and GOP negotiators are accusing each other of moving the goal posts as talks over a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill hit a huge ditch.

ocrats over the weekend made a new offer in conjunction with the White House in hopes of wrapping up the unresolved issues, including funding for transit, highways, broadband, water infrastructure, and other items such as using unspent COVID-19 relief funds to help finance the bill.

But Republicans involved in the discussions rejected the Democrats’ offer, claiming it goes against what the two sides have already agreed to so far.
The provisions of the bill dealing with water infrastructure prompted another round of finger-pointing. Democrats accused Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) of reneging on a previous deal that included funding for water infrastructure as well as investments to replace lead pipes nationwide.

sharp disagreements over how to pay for the raft of new spending.

Sound familiar?

The talks now appear to be moving backward with disagreements over specific funding provisions and attempts to out-blame the other side through the press.

And since you believe the press is liberal, you just have to admit you're going to lose this argument right?

Biden didn’t give any hints about his attitude toward the bipartisan talks when asked during an event Monday at the White House if he was confident there would be a deal.
“You know me, I’m always optimistic,” the president said.

Me too Joe. Me too.

Forum List

Back