Great Salt Lake Drops To Lowest level Ever Recorded

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The drought in the west has caused the lowest levels of water recorded in the Great Salt Lake.

I haven't been there in years so I haven't seen what it looks like now. I'm sure it would break my heart to see what has happened to it.

Something needs to be done.

Do you have any suggestions? I agree that the drought in the West is taking a harsh toll on everyone out there and it would be good to be able to stop the drought. I'm not sure how it could be done though.

Do you have any suggestions? I agree that the drought in the West is taking a harsh toll on everyone out there and it would be good to be able to stop the drought. I'm not sure how it could be done though.

Steer some trucks up to Utah as well.

The drought in the west has caused the lowest levels of water recorded in the Great Salt Lake.

I haven't been there in years so I haven't seen what it looks like now. I'm sure it would break my heart to see what has happened to it.

Okay, when are you going to stop driving gas powered cars?

When are you going to stop using electricity?

When are you going to stop drinking water?

Steer some trucks up to Utah as well.

Good grief....do you have any idea how many tankers it'd take to raise that lake even one inch?

My gawd

The drought has nothing to do with the Salton Sea. It is not a natural lake. Nor was it created to be a lake. It is a sinkhole accidentally created by overflow from the Colirado River in 1905. It depends on a drain system to keep filled. The state will not send out crews periodically to unclog the drain so no more water is going into the sink hole. It is quite naturally drying up. Reports are that it is quite smelly too. Because there is no natural flow into the Salton Sea there is no outflow from the Salton Sea. The state won't clean up the dead garbage so it stinks.

I am so glad none of you right wingers have any authority and power over anything.

If it was up to you people our planet would be too polluted to live and we wouldn't have much of any water.

You all spent years denying climate change.

Now that it's in your faces and we are facing real problems, you don't want to do anything about it.

Keep doing nothing. The adults will work hard to find solutions to these very real and serious problems.

I am so glad none of you right wingers have any authority and power over anything.

If it was up to you people our planet would be too polluted to live and we wouldn't have much of any water.

Now that it's in your faces and we are facing real problems, you don't want to do anything about it.

Keep doing nothing. The adults will work hard to find solutions to these very real and serious problems.

Answer the question....what do you propose?

Are you Clayton Jones alter ego? You blabber but avoid confrontation

You've been asked repeatedly what exactly it is we are supposed to do. Furthermore, droughts have occurred all over the world throughout planetary history, so what makes you think anything can be done to stop it? How about building more desalination plants along the Pacific so California and Mexico stop using the water from the Colorado River? I've said for years they should build a pipeline from either the Mississippi River or one of the Great Lakes to the Colorado River. We can do it with natural gas and oil. Why can't we do it with water?

When are you going to stop drinking water?

About age 12 ...

hero_eb20001210reviews0812100301ar.jpg

You've been asked repeatedly what exactly it is we are supposed to do. Furthermore, droughts have occurred all over the world throughout planetary history, so what makes you think anything can be done to stop it? How about building more desalination plants along the Pacific so California and Mexico stop using the water from the Colorado River? I've said for years they should build a pipeline from either the Mississippi River or one of the Great Lakes to the Colorado River. We can do it with natural gas and oil. Why can't we do it with water?

Probably more practical to come at it from the north i.e. canada.

Tell us who the adults are.

Certainly not Al Gore.

Certainly not you.

You can't fix the climate...the thought is ridiculous in my opinion....but even if you could you can't do it alone....the world must cooperate but China and India and Russia and Iran and Iraq and a dozen other nations are excluded from any carbon emission reduction plans....

I was just there a few weeks ago, the place became a dump

You would think with all the Mormons you wouldn't see homeless camps

Forum List

Back