Grateful man not walking anymore

It's a great story. I read about it a few days ago. Dude can finally get more than 2 hours sleep now that he has a car.

In a way it's a real nice human interest story about a man that walked 21 miles to and from work for 10 years. The man is dedicated. On the other hand, the man is not too bright (bless his heart). Even at just $11.00 an hour, the man should have been able to scrap together enough money for a bicycle or perhaps a moped. Walking 21 miles each way he reportly got only 2 hours of sleep a night. With a moped, he could have gotten a normal nights sleep every night. Had he sought out alternatives, I would think he could have found affordable transportation and not have to walk 42 miles a day.

42 miles a day. 42 miles is about a 14 hour walk. And he did this for 10 years..... This doesn't pass the smell test to me.

I'd laugh my ass off if I heard he made the whole thing up.

It wouldnt be the first time it's happened.
I know.

Gary Thompson

I was actually referring to internet scams.
Facebook cancer imposter dupes hundreds

I dont give money to beggars for the most part.
If they can manage to hang out on a street corner they could be selling newspapers or holding a sign for a local business rather than a sign asking for handouts.

In a way it's a real nice human interest story about a man that walked 21 miles to and from work for 10 years. The man is dedicated. On the other hand, the man is not too bright (bless his heart). Even at just $11.00 an hour, the man should have been able to scrap together enough money for a bicycle or perhaps a moped. Walking 21 miles each way he reportly got only 2 hours of sleep a night. With a moped, he could have gotten a normal nights sleep every night. Had he sought out alternatives, I would think he could have found affordable transportation and not have to walk 42 miles a day.

42 miles a day. 42 miles is about a 14 hour walk. And he did this for 10 years..... This doesn't pass the smell test to me.

I think you need to read the entire story.
Many people became familiar with him because they'd see him every day walking to work. Sometimes the people who had seen him day after day walking would offer him a ride (which he took). Sometimes he took a bus.
His boss said he a perfect attendance record. A loyal worker who cares about his job.
I can understand the cynicism, a huge majority of people wouldn't do what he did and that loyal to their job..

I think you need to read the entire story.
Many people became familiar with him because they'd see him every day walking to work. Sometimes the people who had seen him day after day walking would offer him a ride (which he took). Sometimes he took a bus.
His boss said he a perfect attendance record. A loyal worker who cares about his job.
I can understand the cynicism, a huge majority of people wouldn't do what he did and that loyal to their job..
I read the entire story that you linked. I may have misinterpreted the 21 mile walk as one way rather than round trip. I do agree, assuming the story is factual that he is a very loyal an dedicated man. Not very innovative, but very loyal and dedicated.

Forum List

Back