GOP Unveils Bill To Make Trump Tax Cuts Permanent While Howling About Debt

That's about the amount FDR put on the very wealthy. With that money he used it to rebuild America and fought WW2 with. After the war came the great middle class. Where's the great middle class now?
Yeah, and he stretched the great depression from 2 years into 12 years. The only reason why America got out of the depression was that hundreds of thousands of workers were killed in battle....

If they paid the same rates, that would be a tax cut for the top 1%.
The main federal tax is the individual income tax, which accounts for roughly half of all federal revenue and which tens of millions of middle-class people pay throughout the year as employers withhold taxes from their paychecks. To a great degree, however, the income tax is essentially voluntary for the nation’s richest people. Much of their income comes in the form of gains in the value of their stocks and other assets, and they can avoid taxes on those gains if they hold on to their assets rather than sell them. When high-income households do pay tax on their income from their assets — such as capital gains and dividends — they pay at tax rates that are far lower than the tax rates they would pay on wages and salaries.

A group of more than 70 House Republicans introduced legislation this week that would make elements of the 2017 Trump tax cuts permanent, delivering a huge windfall to the rich and choking off more federal revenue at a time when Republican fearmongering over the national debt is at a fever pitch.

Led by Reps. Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.) and Michael McCaul (R-Texas), the TCJA Permanency Act, would cement into federal law tax cuts for individuals that are set to expire at the end of 2025.

The original 2017 tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, made most of its corporate tax provisions permanent. In a statement Wednesday, the Biden White House said Trump and congressional Republicans "deliberately sunset portions of their tax giveaway" in order to "conceal how much their plan added to the debt."

According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) analysis released last year, extending the individual provisions of the Trump-GOP tax law would cost around $2.2 trillion through 2032. A separate Tax Policy Center analysis estimated that the extension would deliver an average tax cut of $175,710 to the richest 0.1%.

Ain't happening. Not only does the complete package need to go away, and all of the tax cuts repealed, but after these criminals are removed from congress, the tax cuts for the corporate welfare trash needs to be repealed all the way back to 1980, and the tax rates, and regulations of the 1970's restored.
Good, just so long as they slash spending too.

Looks like Republicans always need to learn the hard way.
Shut up slave...

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

That's about the amount FDR put on the very wealthy. With that money he used it to rebuild America and fought WW2 with. After the war came the great middle class. Where's the great middle class now?
I don’t know, but the dems need to get in this. Start pushing for the confiscation of wealth for rich people. They should hurry up with that campaign too…preferably before the 2024 presidential election…they need to get a jump on this…the sooner the better.

Do you think the black football players are going to like a 90% wealth tax put on them?
I don’t know, if they are a democrat, I suppose they should be supportive of it, right? I mean, the democrats are the ones that say the rich don’t pay enough in taxes…so, yes, I would think he would rather like a 90% tax on his wealth…

Tax rate reductions INCREASE revenue to the treasury, every time so far.

Democrats hate that because they think that we tax to punish people and that successful people aren't punished enough.

They think that we simply digitize and borrow the money we spend.

The GOP has the riches dick in their mouths and to hell with the rest of the country. The entire rest of the country can fall apart and go straight to hell as far as this disgusting party is concern. Makes me mad.

All of the richest members in government are Democrats.
How does that fact fit your fantasy?

A group of more than 70 House Republicans introduced legislation this week that would make elements of the 2017 Trump tax cuts permanent, delivering a huge windfall to the rich and choking off more federal revenue at a time when Republican fearmongering over the national debt is at a fever pitch.

Led by Reps. Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.) and Michael McCaul (R-Texas), the TCJA Permanency Act, would cement into federal law tax cuts for individuals that are set to expire at the end of 2025.

The original 2017 tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, made most of its corporate tax provisions permanent. In a statement Wednesday, the Biden White House said Trump and congressional Republicans "deliberately sunset portions of their tax giveaway" in order to "conceal how much their plan added to the debt."

According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) analysis released last year, extending the individual provisions of the Trump-GOP tax law would cost around $2.2 trillion through 2032. A separate Tax Policy Center analysis estimated that the extension would deliver an average tax cut of $175,710 to the richest 0.1%.

Ain't happening. Not only does the complete package need to go away, and all of the tax cuts repealed, but after these criminals are removed from congress, the tax cuts for the corporate welfare trash needs to be repealed all the way back to 1980, and the tax rates, and regulations of the 1970's restored.

Giving Americans back more of their money is not the problem.

The problem is the criminal, irresponsible fiscal handling - the fraud, waste, abuse, and theft - of our tax dollars.

Its the criminal self-enriching FTX ponzi schemes in which politicians stuff our cash in their pockets

Its the trillion-dollar pork-filled, debt-adding theft / waste of our money through legislation like the Omnibus bill

Its the criminal misallocation / theft / waste of our tax dollars in the name of things like 'COVID' where, in the end, we can't 'find' billions of our tax dollars

Its a Congress full of lawyers treating money - our money and the debt being added - as if it were monopoly money and the debt as a bill that will never come due.

Its a room filled with lawyers coming up with an unrealistic budget and not 1 CPA reviewing it, having a say, or being required to approve it.

Its a bunch of self-enriching politicians spending our money as if we did not have to pay off nearly $32 TRILLION in debt just to be 'BROKE'.

Its a bunch of politicians acting as if basic monetary principles and the same financial limitations Americans are forced to live by every day does not apply to them, the same way they believe the Constitution and laws do not apply to them

Giving Americans back more of their own money that is seized and otherwise wasted, squandered, stolen, and pissed away through govt fraud, waste, and abuse is NOT the probleM.

I don’t know, if they are a democrat, I suppose they should be supportive of it, right? I mean, the democrats are the ones that say the rich don’t pay enough in taxes…so, yes, I would think he would rather like a 90% tax on his wealth…
These guys sacrifice their bodies for the entertainment of the people. When they make a million dollars a year, to have 900,000 dollars of it taken away, so some progressive lazy fucking slave can sit on their ass and smoke dope, i just cant see those big guys agreeing with that taxation.

Shut up slave...
So we can keep spending and borrowing without limits? Fucking MORON.
Both parties keep running up the DEBT, now at $32T and climbing.
Interest on that Debt was $600b in 2022, and climbing. In 2023 it will exceed the $750b Defense Budget.
The US economy will collapse like Greece if we don't get our fiscal house in order.

Forum List

Back