Gone keto. Anyone else out there in USMB land?

Past Paleo. Whoa geeze. Costing a fortune initially but I think its worth it. At least my local food bank just got the benefits of my pantry.

I'm doing it to control blood sugar. Works too.
There are lots of benefits. There are some drawbacks too though...

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.

That doesn't sound good. I won't do it anyway, because I like my beans. :funnyface:

All I need is a little more exercise and a little less booze. :iyfyus.jpg:

Past Paleo. Whoa geeze. Costing a fortune initially but I think its worth it. At least my local food bank just got the benefits of my pantry.

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.
Keto flu is usually one of two things. Either the bodies shock to not having its usual source of carbs that it's likely relied on for years, to burn as fuel. Or a product of not actually being in ketosis. But thinking you are. In other words; taking in too many carbs, and protein to stay in ketosis. But not eating enough carbs, and protein to function normally out of ketosis. Carbs are EVERYWHERE! Hidden in all kinds of things folks don't realize. Same goes for protein. Too much protein... Body switches out of ketosis.
That's why I'm not a huge fan of the "lots of fatty meats" technique that so many try. And then fail... They in advertently take in far too much protein, and sabotage themselves. One has more control when they use lean cuts, and add the Fats themselves. With oils, nuts, and other sources.

Last edited:

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.

That doesn't sound good. I won't do it anyway, because I like my beans. :funnyface:

Booze is liquid carbs. Start drinking... Boom! Body shifts out of ketosis...

A good thing about the keto diet is you fart less. The bad thing is you burp more and always taste your food again when you burp. The gases have to come out one way or another

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.

You can drink a reasonable amount of vodka and not get thrown out of ketosis

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.

Pass!

Such as-?

Keto 'flu.

They make the same claim for mezcal, and tequila. But any alcohol still initiates an insulin response which interferes with Ketosis...

They make the same claim for mezcal, and tequila. But any alcohol still initiates an insulin response which interferes with Ketosis...

That stuff is too rotgutty for me. :eusa_naughty:

Now getting “thrown out of ketosis” isn’t the end of the world. If one wants to go out and party down. They still can. They just have to wait a day or two for the body to recover, and get back into ketosis. The longer, and more often a person is in ketosis; the quicker the body can make the switch. A 24 hour fast is all I need to run out any carbs, and shift back into ketosis.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Now getting “thrown out of ketosis” isn’t the end of the world. If one wants to go out and party down. They still can. They just have to wait a day or two for the body to recover, and get back into ketosis. The longer, and more often a person is in ketosis; the quicker the body can make the switch. A 24 hour fast is all I need to run out any carbs, and shift back into ketosis.

iu

Keto 'flu.

That stuff is too rotgutty for me. :eusa_naughty:

A Medical Doctor told me a long time ago to only drink white liquor and never brown liquor to save the liver. Ever since I only drank white liquor (vodka) but use grape juice (anti-oxidant) for a mix, called a Grape Shot.

iu
It’s easier than you think. When youre in ketosis; you’re much less hungry. Intermittent fasting is a breeze. 24 hrs...? No biggie either. Sometimes I have to remind myself, and force myself to eat...

iu
It’s easier than you think. When youre in ketosis; you’re much less hungry. Intermittent fasting is a breeze. 24 hrs...? No biggie either. Sometimes I have to remind myself, and force myself to eat...

My long time friend only eats White Castle cheeseburgers and he gets better every day. Placebo effect?

edit: I did not make a funny and only speak the truth with a Medical Doctor on board.

Last edited:
Yes. And no. Keto product? Yes. A fad targeting those seeking weight loss, yet aren’t familiar with what is, and isn’t Keto. Keto itself a fad? Nonsense it’s a natural response by the body that is founded in biology, and science.
It’s an excellent tool for the fitness crowd. And when done properly there is no better regimen on earth that can produce such rapid, and healthy weight loss.
It also has benefits for those who suffer from seizures, and some forms of diabetes.

Anyone who has done Atkins has followed a basically ketogenic diet
It is still possible to attain ketosis while eating some carbs.

But these idiots who put butter in their coffee or who eat 5 lbs of bacon a day are morons

Keto is all the rage and most people are doing it wrong
Yes. Most people do it wrong. 5 lbs of bacon will not be a net benefit. But bulletproof coffee is not only delicious. It is a perfect Keto, to go breakfast.

So are steak and eggs.
Yes they are... except... kinda hard to gnaw on a porterhouse doing 70 mph....

Still better for you than a stick of butter
Butter is a superfood.

Forum List

Back