Gone keto. Anyone else out there in USMB land?

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Past Paleo. Whoa geeze. Costing a fortune initially but I think its worth it. At least my local food bank just got the benefits of my pantry.

Keto is a fad.

Anyone who buys those "keto" shakes and bars and all that other crap is wasting their money.

If you want to get into ketosis you don't need all kinds of crap other than the food you buy at the supermarket because you most likely have enough fat on your body to burn off

What's it consist of?
you eat a pound of butter for a meal...

I eat that way.
Sans the wrapper?

I was expecting some smartarsed response.

You know what I meant.
You put it between yer cheeks and let it slowly melt into your pores.

I want to discuss chlorinating chicken. But should it be here, or in science and technology?

Past Paleo. Whoa geeze. Costing a fortune initially but I think its worth it. At least my local food bank just got the benefits of my pantry.
Yes. Keto is best used in combination with intermittent fasting...

Keto is a fad.

Anyone who buys those "keto" shakes and bars and all that other crap is wasting their money.

If you want to get into ketosis you don't need all kinds of crap other than the food you buy at the supermarket because you most likely have enough fat on your body to burn off
Yes. And no. Keto product? Yes. A fad targeting those seeking weight loss, yet aren’t familiar with what is, and isn’t Keto. Keto itself a fad? Nonsense it’s a natural response by the body that is founded in biology, and science.
It’s an excellent tool for the fitness crowd. And when done properly there is no better regimen on earth that can produce such rapid, and healthy weight loss.
It also has benefits for those who suffer from seizures, and some forms of diabetes.

Keto can also be on the pricey side. But people need to face an unfortunate fact. Healthy eating is significantly more expensive than eating unhealthy.

OP is gone. :(

My cousin and his wife are doing keto, it's definitely working for them, no carbs. Not even cake at Christmas.

Not sure if worth it. No beans, either. Screw that!

Keto is a fad.

Yes. And no. Keto product? Yes. A fad targeting those seeking weight loss, yet aren’t familiar with what is, and isn’t Keto. Keto itself a fad? Nonsense it’s a natural response by the body that is founded in biology, and science.
It’s an excellent tool for the fitness crowd. And when done properly there is no better regimen on earth that can produce such rapid, and healthy weight loss.
It also has benefits for those who suffer from seizures, and some forms of diabetes.

Anyone who has done Atkins has followed a basically ketogenic diet
It is still possible to attain ketosis while eating some carbs.

But these idiots who put butter in their coffee or who eat 5 lbs of bacon a day are morons

Keto is all the rage and most people are doing it wrong

My cousin and his wife are doing keto, it's definitely working for them, no carbs. Not even cake at Christmas.

That type of extremism becomes unsustainable,

You can still get into ketosis and have some fruits in your diet as well as some other carbs in controlled amounts

Keto is a fad.

But these idiots who put butter in their coffee or who eat 5 lbs of bacon a day are morons

Yes. Most people do it wrong. 5 lbs of bacon will not be a net benefit. But bulletproof coffee is not only delicious. It is a perfect Keto, to go breakfast.

That type of extremism becomes unsustainable,

You can still get into ketosis and have some fruits in your diet as well as some other carbs in controlled amounts
It isn’t a matter of extremism. It’s a matter of education, and lifestyle change. As far as being sustainable...
It certainly is. It just comes down to the individual. Where many go wrong, is by trying to go semi-Keto. And there is no such thing. Once your carb threshold is exceeded the body switches gears. That’s where “the Keto flu” comes into play. The body immediately switches to burning carbs while it’s system is flooded with fats.

Keto is a fad.

Yes. Most people do it wrong. 5 lbs of bacon will not be a net benefit. But bulletproof coffee is not only delicious. It is a perfect Keto, to go breakfast.

So are steak and eggs.

Forum List

Back