Gone keto. Anyone else out there in USMB land?

Keto is a fad.

Anyone who buys those "keto" shakes and bars and all that other crap is wasting their money.

If you want to get into ketosis you don't need all kinds of crap other than the food you buy at the supermarket because you most likely have enough fat on your body to burn off
Yes. And no. Keto product? Yes. A fad targeting those seeking weight loss, yet aren’t familiar with what is, and isn’t Keto. Keto itself a fad? Nonsense it’s a natural response by the body that is founded in biology, and science.
It’s an excellent tool for the fitness crowd. And when done properly there is no better regimen on earth that can produce such rapid, and healthy weight loss.
It also has benefits for those who suffer from seizures, and some forms of diabetes.

Anyone who has done Atkins has followed a basically ketogenic diet
It is still possible to attain ketosis while eating some carbs.

But these idiots who put butter in their coffee or who eat 5 lbs of bacon a day are morons

Keto is all the rage and most people are doing it wrong
Yes. Most people do it wrong. 5 lbs of bacon will not be a net benefit. But bulletproof coffee is not only delicious. It is a perfect Keto, to go breakfast.

Cafe Bustelo has more octane.

OP is gone. :(

My cousin and his wife are doing keto, it's definitely working for them, no carbs. Not even cake at Christmas.

Not sure if worth it. No beans, either. Screw that!

Do you need to lose weight?

Need? Probably not. Would like to lose a few? Sure. Idk if you've ever seen Scarface ranting about getting old, but that's where I am (halfway), and I used to have the Body of David. I still have most of the muscle.

My cousin and his wife are doing keto, it's definitely working for them, no carbs. Not even cake at Christmas.

Need? Probably not. Would like to lose a few? Sure. Idk if you've ever seen Scarface ranting about getting old, but that's where I am (halfway), and I used to have the Body of David. I still have most of the muscle.

You mean him?

David-Michelangelo.jpg

I saw him in Florence once.

Better not reveal any more. I have to remember where I am.

Keto is a fad.

Anyone who buys those "keto" shakes and bars and all that other crap is wasting their money.

If you want to get into ketosis you don't need all kinds of crap other than the food you buy at the supermarket because you most likely have enough fat on your body to burn off
Yes. And no. Keto product? Yes. A fad targeting those seeking weight loss, yet aren’t familiar with what is, and isn’t Keto. Keto itself a fad? Nonsense it’s a natural response by the body that is founded in biology, and science.
It’s an excellent tool for the fitness crowd. And when done properly there is no better regimen on earth that can produce such rapid, and healthy weight loss.
It also has benefits for those who suffer from seizures, and some forms of diabetes.

But these idiots who put butter in their coffee or who eat 5 lbs of bacon a day are morons

Yes. Most people do it wrong. 5 lbs of bacon will not be a net benefit. But bulletproof coffee is not only delicious. It is a perfect Keto, to go breakfast.

So are steak and eggs.
Yes they are... except... kinda hard to gnaw on a porterhouse doing 70 mph....

Keto is a fad.

So are steak and eggs.

Still better for you than a stick of butter

So are steak and eggs.

Still better for you than a stick of butter
Not really. Both are healthy.

you eat a pound of butter for a meal...

I eat that way.
Sans the wrapper?

I was expecting some smartarsed response.

You know what I meant.
You put it between yer cheeks and let it slowly melt into your pores.

I want to discuss chlorinating chicken. But should it be here, or in science and technology?
Trying to get your chickens to be the whitest on the block?

You mean him?

David-Michelangelo.jpg

Hicksville, USA.

You mean him?

David-Michelangelo.jpg

Yeah, him.

You mean him?

David-Michelangelo.jpg

Yeah, him.

lol.

Past Paleo. Whoa geeze. Costing a fortune initially but I think its worth it. At least my local food bank just got the benefits of my pantry.

I'm doing it to control blood sugar. Works too.
There are lots of benefits. There are some drawbacks too though...

Such as-?
It's nearly impossible to put on any appreciable muscle mass. You won't lose muscle mass. But try as you might you won't be able to bulk up. To do so requires increased carbohydrates to fuel, and too much protein. Too much protein will shift your body out of ketosis.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back