God is not obvious

We don't know what caused the big bang but science has a few theories that are plausable. Theories that are discussed now that we know the earth is not stationary and the sun does not revolve around us and that stars are other suns and it took 13.5 billion years since the big bang for humans to even hit the scene.

We also don't know how life started here on earth. Science figured out when but there was a complete extinction so the new theory is either a comet brought DNA or an asteroid hit mars and sent chunks of mars into space and that rock had DNA on it and it landed on earth. Its a theory with strong evidence. I know when I believed in generic god this didn't bother me neither did evolution. God planted the seed I said. Fact is we don't know for sure

I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes
Serious questions: What started it all? From what came something? There had to be something that started everything. Did it just happen? So, if GOD is not real, the creator, then who? If you believe that some magical event took place that set the wheels into motion, what was that magical event, and where did the first particle come from? From a void came everything. Who or what is responsible for creating the void, then filling it? Yes, life may very well exist elsewhere in the universe, and no doubt that it does. But, again, where did it come from, and what is the origin?

Those are questions that science has never been able to answer. Thus the continuing debate as to whether GOD really does exist, or that there has to be some other explanation for the beginning of everything. So far, neither side has produced undeniable rock solid concrete evidence to back either claim. Everyone has their own belief and/or theory as to how it all began. As of now, science only goes as far as the big bang theory, or some miraculous chemical reaction that took place and started everything. But, science doesn't say where the chemicals came from, or what created the elements that caused something to explode ( the big bang theory ).
True there are things we don't know. Best to admit it and keep looking. I don't trust the writings of the ancients.

Its not just that god is not obvious. The opposite is true. Its science and intelligence that is obvious.

Science and facts are "obvious". God is a giant magic show with sleight of hand and misdirection. Like all magic, one must really work at letting go of logic and intelligence in order to believe in the rabbit pulled out of the hat.

And you and I know the devil isn't making us think this so we realize theists are not thinking rationally this is emotional for them. Its personal. So they aren't being intellectually honest with us or themselves. Brainwashed and close minded to the facts.

We make our own heaven and hell, right here on earth. There is no devil and there are no gods.

Believing in magical super-beings is, IMO, a relatively harmless aberration. They have their churches, their rituals and their talismans. They just need to keep it to themselves instead of trying to force others to agree with them.

Where will you be seated in eternity.........smoking or non-smoking?

The first question I'm going to ask god when I meet him is which god is he? The Jewish god? The christian or Muslim or Mormon god? Zeus Thor yahway misras bayal?

And why did you go to such great length to hide from us?

And you and I know the devil isn't making us think this so we realize theists are not thinking rationally this is emotional for them. Its personal. So they aren't being intellectually honest with us or themselves. Brainwashed and close minded to the facts.

This is the problem. Children are taught to believe in things that make no sense under threats of real and imaginary violence and are also taught to believe that the devil is an invisible disembodied entity that tries to dissuade people from believing in the garbage that is being crammed down their throats . What happens then is that any rational doubt or rational question that is bound to arise in their own minds as they grow older is perceived as a demonic attack from the devil himself who to them is as real as their own thoughts. This sets the mind against itself and effectively renders them incapable of rational thinking and incapable of accurate perception, zombies if you will, easy prey for the unscrupulous.

Don't be fooled. The devil is real. He is the one who fucks up their heads.... for a nominal service charge.

Same ancestors who said spare the rod spoil the child

I don't think I would have ever realized they made god up if they would have said being good was what matters but instead they fucked up and made up stories and said we have to believe the improbable to get into heaven.

I wonder how many more atheists there will be in 100 years. Look how much our numbers have grown since the internet put all the facts right in front of our faces. If someone goes and gets sucked into religions after doing their research I guess the concept of god is truly a very powerful thing.

One day 49% of americans won't believe in Jesus. I wonder what percent of atheists will be in the Muslim middle east? Probably no one because it will continue to be the law of the land. I know many atheists live in Iran but they don't dare say it.

And there are plenty of people who call themselves christians but they admit the bible is just stories to teach right and wrong. They were born into it and don't see the harm. They feel like they will go to heaven or don't want to question too much for fear of punishment. Just like the ancient Greeks didn't want to offend Apollo or Zeus.

What will happen to the food banks and clothing and shelter that the poor all over the world now get from Catholic and many other Christian based charities that give aid and comfort to millions all over the world? Do you have a great big color picture of the Atheists taking their place?

I suppose the people who do good deeds will continue to good without god. I do.

Let me get this straight. God cares about me minds what I do answers my prayers cares who I go to bed with if I masturbate and can convict me of thought crime?

There shouldn't be poverty. This is the problem with our planet. The governments should make sure there is no poverty.

And meanwhile every country is full of religious people and still people are starving.

There is no excuse for hunger in america yet it exists. We can do better

I think you are on to something. The evidence seems to indicate that religious indoctrination at an early age cripples the mind.. Some people recover from the damage done and escape relatively unscathed at some point, others never do. Since the government protects the free exercise of religion large numbers of irrational people are guaranteed to be churned out by the churches licensed to deceive and abuse children who as adults will provide an endless source of revenue for both church and state from people incapable of rational thought or accurately perceiving right or wrong, good or evil, corruption or injustice and even if they do they are muzzled by confusion and paralyzed by fear from doing anything about it effectively keeping both Church and State in power and unaffected in their lofty positions by the carnage they have conspired to create in perpetuity

If there weren't so many churches legally protected to fuck up peoples minds there probably wouldn't be as much poverty, homelessness, crime, violence, prisons, mentally ill, broken families, or any need for such a large government, armed police force, high taxes or such an ineffective hypocritical unjust and dysfunctional legal system that only further victimizes the population.

Last edited:
Let me first precise that I am Muslim.

God is not obvious. He is extremely obvious. So much is He obvious that His obviousness makes Him look unobvious.

Christian asks an atheist "what if you're wrong" and he says what about the Hindu Muslim or African god juju?

He said its ridiculous for that person who by chance was born into a christian home to ask others what if they are wrong. What if she's wrong?

What if you are all wrong. That's my hunch

There shouldn't be poverty. This is the problem with our planet. The governments should make sure there is no poverty.

And meanwhile every country is full of religious people and still people are starving.

I think you are on to something. The evidence seems to indicate the religious indoctrination at an early age cripples the mind.. Some people recover from the damage done and escape relatively unscathed at some point, others never do. Since the government protects the free exercise of religion large numbers of irrational people are guaranteed to be churned out by the churches licensed to deceive and abuse children who as adults will provide an endless source of revenue from people incapable of rational thought or accurately perceiving right or wrong, good or evil, corruption or injustice and even if they do they are muzzled by confusion and paralyzed by fear from doing anything about it.

If there weren't so many churches legally protected to fuck up peoples minds there probably wouldn't be as much poverty, homelessness, crime, prisons, mentally ill, or any need for such an ineffective hypocritical unjust and dysfunctional legal system.

Or they put up with their crappy lives and the injustices because here and now don't matter as much as the afterlife.

And its a fact a lot of young 20somethings are prayed on by religions. They still have a lot of questions and don't really know a lot. Very impressionable.

I think you are on to something. The evidence seems to indicate the religious indoctrination at an early age cripples the mind.. Some people recover from the damage done and escape relatively unscathed at some point, others never do. Since the government protects the free exercise of religion large numbers of irrational people are guaranteed to be churned out by the churches licensed to deceive and abuse children who as adults will provide an endless source of revenue from people incapable of rational thought or accurately perceiving right or wrong, good or evil, corruption or injustice and even if they do they are muzzled by confusion and paralyzed by fear from doing anything about it.

If there weren't so many churches legally protected to fuck up peoples minds there probably wouldn't be as much poverty, homelessness, crime, prisons, mentally ill, or any need for such an ineffective hypocritical unjust and dysfunctional legal system.

Or they put up with their crappy lives and the injustices because here and now don't matter as much as the afterlife.

Sure, that mixed with clergy who live opulent and shameful lives teaching people that poverty and suffering is a virtue, whose going to complain? especially if they believe that if they just take crap from every low-life that comes along to pick their pocket they will get amazing presents from God one day....., just as soon as they die that is.

Sure, that mixed with clergy who live opulent and shameful lives teaching people that poverty and suffering is a virtue, whose going to complain? especially if they believe that if they just take crap from every low-life they will get presents from God, just as soon as they die that is.
A bunch of us atheists were watching the cosmos and when our one christian friend heard what we were saying he blurted out "you're all going to hell."

I don't think he really believes that but he believes he believes that.

When I see a chair, I know that someone built that chair
A house? Same thing.
Regardless of how much a non-believer tries to contort their way around it, complexity of design DOES prove a Creator.
You really want to believe that we're merely a protoplasmic coincidence?

A house? Same thing.
Regardless of how much a non-believer tries to contort their way around it, complexity of design DOES prove a Creator.

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet cereal and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.

That's God exists seems to be a logical assumption but what you do not seem to realize is that without definitive proof that could be verified by anyone you merely have a belief just as likely to be true as a belief that all life sprang from an ancient alien visitor that died in a puddle of water or a belief that the universe began when God farted.

What is your evidence that God exists? Have you ever heard a single word from him in your entire life spoken directly to you even if only in a dream or a vision or during an acid trip?

If so how can someone verify your claim and make contact with God and speak with him and hear his words so they too can believe?

If not how do you resolve his silence if God is the God of the living? Maybe he has been sleeping for the duration of your life? Maybe he was on vacation in another galaxy? Maybe you didn't pray loud enough for him to hear you? Could you be dead?

Last edited:
A house? Same thing.

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet soup and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.

That's God exists seems to be a logical assumption but what you do not seem to realize is that without definitive proof that could be verified by anyone you merely have a belief just as likely to be true as a belief that all life sprang from an ancient alien visitor that died in a puddle of water or a belief that the universe began when God farted.

What is your evidence that God exists? Have you ever heard a single word from him in your entire life spoken directly to you even if only in a dream or a vision or during an acid trip?

If so how can someone verify your claim and make contact with God and speak with him and hear his words so they too can believe?

If not how do you resolve his silence if God is the God of the living? Maybe he has been sleeping for the duration of your life? Maybe he was on vacation in another galaxy? Maybe you didn't pray loud enough for him to hear you? Could you be dead?
If you truly want answers to those questions, seek Him out.
I assure you that He will answer.
I have my answers
I have my proof , more than I could ever try to type out on my phone, that He is the God of the living.......or as He said "the Alpha and Omega".

A house? Same thing.

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet soup and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.

I have my answers
I have my proof , more than I could ever try to type out on my phone, that He is the God of the living.......or as He said "the Alpha and Omega".

You could have just said that you have had no direct experience of God and not enough faith in what you have convinced yourself is proof absent of evidence to even mention it.

If I was praying to God for decades and never heard a single word in response, I would begin to wonder if .he either does not exist or if I am doing something wrong.

Since you already believe that God exists, you should probably begin to consider something so hard to believe as you might be doing something wrong like praying to a false mangod or even worse, misidentifying your own thoughts as proof of God just like someone who believes in irrational things might think that any rational thought that they might have is a demonic attack and proof of the devil..

A house? Same thing.

Maybe it was aliens. What makes you think our ancient primitive ancestors were right when they said it must be an all powerful and all knowing god that cares about you.

Also, this means something must have created god. How can you look at god and believe nothing created something so perfect?

I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes
God is very obvious to me.

He made me me, and not you.

A house? Same thing.

I have my answers

Today superstitious people say he's the a and z.

A house? Same thing.

I have my answers

You could have just said that you have had no direct experience of God and not enough faith in what you have convinced yourself is proof absent of evidence to even mention it.

If I was praying to God for decades and never heard a single word in response, I would begin to wonder if .he either does not exist or if I am doing something wrong.

Since you already believe that God exists, you should probably begin to consider something so hard to believe as you might be doing something wrong like praying to a false mangod or even worse, misidentifying your own thoughts as proof of God just like someone who believes in irrational things might think that any rational thought that they might have is a demonic attack and proof of the devil..

Every proof of god comes with a fatal flaw that makes it not evidence.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absense

God is very obvious to me.

He made me me, and not you.

Which god? Misra? Yahway? Zeus? And why did he go to such great length to hide from us?

A house? Same thing.

I have my answers

Every proof of god comes with a fatal flaw that makes it not evidence.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absense
And I can turn that back I you and say youcan't prove a negative

Forum List

Back