God is not obvious

Uh oh. She's angry now. You need to get back to your ClonesRUs madrassah lessons. Muhammud (swish) knows you have misinterpreted your Koran lessons. You need some remedial MadrassahRUs lessons.
some posters here are smart enough to read things and understand them.....things like "no I am not a she" or "no I am not a young earther"....for some reason understanding things like that seem to be difficult for you.....is it any wonder then that understanding religion is beyond your ability........
Some posters here understand that when you Flat Earth'ers / YEC'ists make claims that are consistent with the Flat Earth'ers / YEC'ist cabal, one can make reasonable assessments about the Flat Earth'ers / YEC'ists worldview.

Certainly, we can exclude you from the reasonable assessment group.
Hard to corner women like post modern
that's because I am not a woman you slow minded child.....

Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again.

Then you are not a fan of science, you don' even com close to understand what science is.
Science lives virtually from beeing proven wrong to proceed. What stays is right, just until someone proves it wrong. That is the core foundation of science.
And you ignore that where it's right, it's right. You just use some really fancy science results in sub atomic research every time you press a key on your computer. It works reliably every time. There are no mysterious ways your computer grants you a letter of its keyboard like the random success of prayers to god.
The problem some people, seems to be the cause with you too, have with scientific theories is that they don't realise they are always restricted to the presently available testing, probing and experimental devices.
Newton or Einstein were not wrong, they were just restricted by the means avalable at their specific time.
The theories they developed are still in use today, just limited to the usage where they are of sufficient accuracy.
Kopernikus was not wrong, just limited by his observation possibilities and corrected by Kepler.
Your car navigation system works. That is because Einstein was right.
We know that the earth is 4,5 billlion years old. that is because science developed the means to test that repeatedly, even to test the test methods.
If your leg develops a gangrene they cut yout leg off and along with scientific developed anesthetics and antibiotics most possibly you survive.
Try that with a prayer......

The word "Science" literally means knowledge. That's it! The Science community literally seeks knowledge by experimenting with materials & facts already known to God. God is the ultimate Scientist because He "knows" all things.

My computer DOES NOT work reliably all the time as you suggest. I've had keyboards, motherboards, and other elements of my computer system fail on more than one occasion. But the fact that you use a computer as an example of "science" indicates that you believe that things that are "designed" indicate the intelligence and "knowledge" behind the design. I use that argument as well. All things that reflect design have been designed. That includes our solar system, the organic eyeball, and the living cell. All reflect intricate design which points to a Designer -- God.
I would agree that Odin, the Gawd of your gawd knows everything and is the ultimate scientist of all the lesser gawds.

Did you realize that your boilerplate claims to some alleged designer gawds are exactly the same that other religionists make about their gawds?

The Bible says that there would be "blind" folks among and around us. Sorry you're not able to see. Hopefully the scales will be removed from your eyes before you die. I guess we'll see (pun intended).

They too are too small to find us. Or were too far away. Or maybe they aren't as advanced as us. Or maybe they saw us and weren't impressed. Or maybe they came and we thought they were gods. Maybe they put their DNA in monkeys and made us.

Now you are just arguing with yourself.

You just stated that maybe we, a species only a few thousand years old, will soon see evidence of life on other planets elsewhere in the universe. We don't have to go there to find it. If we can detect the elements of life in the planets of this solar system without going there, why would it be so unlikely that a more advanced species could do even better?

we can already display on a screen what is seen through the eye in a human brain. Radio signals are transmitted and received from distant parts of the earth and sky and no one thinks much about it, and when signals are sent into space they reflect back visible images.

Who can say if the prophets, Moses or Jesus were just ordinary people born with a rare ability to receive thought transmissions from higher forms of life that they identified as angels or God and became his earthly ambassadors, so to speak?

Your mind still needs to be healed from the trauma of being violated by the irrational beliefs of other Christians who were just as victimized as you. You are so pissed off you can't see or think straight to the point of becoming contrary and obnoxious. Let go of it already.

I'm not pissed and I'm seeing very clearly. Still seems like god is not real. If I were a juror that would be my verdict. Sounds like a hung jury.

The Hubble space telescope took a pic of a galaxy cluster 5 billion light years away looks like a smiley face. That must be a god!

Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again.

Then you are not a fan of science, you don' even com close to understand what science is.
Science lives virtually from beeing proven wrong to proceed. What stays is right, just until someone proves it wrong. That is the core foundation of science.
And you ignore that where it's right, it's right. You just use some really fancy science results in sub atomic research every time you press a key on your computer. It works reliably every time. There are no mysterious ways your computer grants you a letter of its keyboard like the random success of prayers to god.
The problem some people, seems to be the cause with you too, have with scientific theories is that they don't realise they are always restricted to the presently available testing, probing and experimental devices.
Newton or Einstein were not wrong, they were just restricted by the means avalable at their specific time.
The theories they developed are still in use today, just limited to the usage where they are of sufficient accuracy.
Kopernikus was not wrong, just limited by his observation possibilities and corrected by Kepler.
Your car navigation system works. That is because Einstein was right.
We know that the earth is 4,5 billlion years old. that is because science developed the means to test that repeatedly, even to test the test methods.
If your leg develops a gangrene they cut yout leg off and along with scientific developed anesthetics and antibiotics most possibly you survive.
Try that with a prayer......

The word "Science" literally means knowledge. That's it! The Science community literally seeks knowledge by experimenting with materials & facts already known to God. God is the ultimate Scientist because He "knows" all things.

My computer DOES NOT work reliably all the time as you suggest. I've had keyboards, motherboards, and other elements of my computer system fail on more than one occasion. But the fact that you use a computer as an example of "science" indicates that you believe that things that are "designed" indicate the intelligence and "knowledge" behind the design. I use that argument as well. All things that reflect design have been designed. That includes our solar system, the organic eyeball, and the living cell. All reflect intricate design which points to a Designer -- God.
I would agree that Odin, the Gawd of your gawd knows everything and is the ultimate scientist of all the lesser gawds.

Did you realize that your boilerplate claims to some alleged designer gawds are exactly the same that other religionists make about their gawds?

The Bible says that there would be "blind" folks among and around us. Sorry you're not able to see. Hopefully the scales will be removed from your eyes before you die. I guess we'll see (pun intended).
The bible says a lot of things. They had 400 years to make sure their rule book said everything.

And so obviously this cult discussed what to do with doubters because obviously there would be many. Hell even his own desciples doubted. And Jesus proved it to them. Well I want proof too. Sorry. That's final.

Don't ask for proof? Then don't ask me to believe. I'm not to smart for god I'm too smart for your religion.

This guy at the gym said he couldn't believe so many Muslims don't believe. I told him how if their religion is made up maybe so is his. He said its better to be safe than sorry. I think most christians think that way.

I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes

As I've written before, here and elsewhere, if God's existence were overt/obvious we'd likely all submit and worship it out of simple self-interest. Letting it be known you don't worship the being who can blink you out of existence at will is foolish. But then we're not exercising our free choice, we're simply doing the smart thing but for the wrong reason.

A truly loving deity will logically and rightly keep its' existence covert. Then those who truly worship it (without being an insufferable prick to everybody else heh) will be doing so because they've made the decision this deity's rulebook (aka religion) makes sense and is worth listening to.

As said remarkably well in the episode of "Futurama: Godfellas episode" "When you do things right, people wont be sure you did anything at all." That's how to do it. Do too much and people get dependent and human innovation and evolution stagnates. Do too little and people lose faith (sentiments also from the episode.)

As I've said to some of the kids here, if God's existence were as obvious as the Sun's we'd worship it out of simple fear, not love or agreement. While I don't believe in God, for the purposes of teaching children useful things, I think religion's good. If we all we teach kdis is how to think about things via science, then the ability to leap beyond science and speculate is lost. Religion enables us to consider other possibilities. And if kids develop a healthy sense of fear "just in case" that keeps them from doing bad things, all the better.

I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes

As I've written before, here and elsewhere, if God's existence were overt/obvious we'd likely all submit and worship it out of simple self-interest. Letting it be known you don't worship the being who can blink you out of existence at will is foolish. But then we're not exercising our free choice, we're simply doing the smart thing but for the wrong reason.

A truly loving deity will logically and rightly keep its' existence covert. Then those who truly worship it (without being an insufferable prick to everybody else heh) will be doing so because they've made the decision this deity's rulebook (aka religion) makes sense and is worth listening to.

As said remarkably well in the episode of "Futurama: Godfellas episode" "When you do things right, people wont be sure you did anything at all." That's how to do it. Do too much and people get dependent and human innovation and evolution stagnates. Do too little and people lose faith (sentiments also from the episode.)

As I've said to some of the kids here, if God's existence were as obvious as the Sun's we'd worship it out of simple fear, not love or agreement. While I don't believe in God, for the purposes of teaching children useful things, I think religion's good. If we all we teach kdis is how to think about things via science, then the ability to leap beyond science and speculate is lost. Religion enables us to consider other possibilities. And if kids develop a healthy sense of fear "just in case" that keeps them from doing bad things, all the better.

I don't agree there are good lies. Hows this lie working in the middle east? There are many good people who dont believe in god or heaven.

This world would be better with more scientists like Tyson and Sagan and less preachers.

And there are too many poor people who settle for less because theyre waiting for heaven. A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel about yourself. And on the flip side if you are only good because you are sure about hell then whats that say about you? I say you are borderline psycho. Do you believe religious people would be bad without god? You may have a point because a lot of them are horrible with him.

I don't agree there are good lies. Hows this lie working in the middle east? There are many good people who dont believe in god or heaven.

This world would be better with more scientists like Tyson and Sagan and less preachers.

And there are too many poor people who settle for less because theyre waiting for heaven. A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel about yourself. And on the flip side if you are only good because you are sure about hell then whats that say about you? I say you are borderline psycho. Do you believe religious people would be bad without god? You may have a point because a lot of them are horrible with him.

There are more "good" lies than "good" truths. Can you imagine a government being successful if it ran via complete honesty? "We're sending your sons to the middle east to steal oil and resources, they're dying for money and cheaper fuel prices."

"Yes, from time to time an alien scout vessel crashes to the ground and the major world powers rush to capture the technology first. But we've all agreed with each other to keep this fact concealed from the general public for fear of the mass panic which would likely ensue if people became aware a superior technological civilization was buzzing around planet Earth and people's leaders were in fact subserviant to them." :)

"Our own US government has done, and continues to do things infinitely worse than ISIS."

I like the lies a lot more.

I'm not pissed and I'm seeing very clearly. Still seems like god is not real. If I were a juror that would be my verdict. Sounds like a hung jury.

The Hubble space telescope took a pic of a galaxy cluster 5 billion light years away looks like a smiley face. That must be a god!

Thats OK. Still seems like God is not real to you, you still seem pissed to me. You think its intelligent to look through a telescope for evidence of God and when you find nothing but a smiley face you think you are being clever and funny by saying, 'that must be a god.'

I think your approach to finding God is unintelligent and your petulance sad.

You may not know this but even if you are 100% correct that whatever Christian sect hoodwinked you is completely false and their described image of God does not exist, you still haven't got a clue.

You are only an egg that is yet to hatch.

You see no God and have concluded that he does not exist, because you fell for a religious scam., yet you fail to consider that you do not see God and fell for the scam in the first place because you were and remain blind, as if it was too hard to believe that the flaw is in you.

Last edited:

Thats OK. Still seems like God is not real to you, you still seem pissed to me. You think its intelligent to look through a telescope for evidence of God and when you find nothing but a smiley face you think you are being clever and funny by saying, 'that must be a god.'

I think your reasoning is unintelligent and your petulance sad.

You may not know this but even if you are 100% correct that whatever Christian sect hoodwinked you is completely false and their described image of God and does not exist, you still haven't got a clue.

You are only an egg that is yet to hatch.

Maybe I'll hatch a jehova Jew Muslim Mormon or scientologist. Trust me I'm not mad. You're just upset or offended I'm telling you you are probably worshipping a lie and that upsets you because at least a small part of you knows it might be true. And you love this god so you take it personally.

If you really believed you would only feel bad for me.

I don't know if a god exists. Neither does your religion. It was made up just like Islam or the Mormon faiths. I feel sorry for all of you. And if you really believed you wouldn't even be on this thread. You're trying to convince yourself not me.

Trust me I'm not mad. You're just upset or offended I'm telling you you are probably worshipping a lie and that upsets you because at least a small part of you knows it might be true. And you love this god so you take it personally.

And again you are wrong. I do not belong to any religion and it is not possible for me to be offended by anything you say or have said to me out of ignorance.

Trust me, I do feel bad for you.

Nihilism Sword

Why do we liberally use the social dialogue model of 'the Devil's Advocate?' This colloquialized concept refers to someone who raises natural logic challenges to age old questions about traditions of morality or assumptions of legality.

However, why do we use the Devil as the totem for this intellectual dialogue modulation?

The great philosopher and social analyst Adam Smith suggested that man coordinates social contracts around precepts of profit-gauged networks. His ideas form the backbone of modern capitalism theory. We can extrapolate from Smith's notions the argument that profiteerism itself is a new age way of thinking.

Does profiteerism as a behavioral or economic model lend credence to intellectual models of atheism? Theists after all argue that an all-powerful creator God invites man to question the value of humility and transcendence when faced with instincts about survival and/or profiteerism.

The modern age is arguably characterized by profiteerism networking (i.e., Wall Street). Does such a culture cater to nihilism?

Could our modern age intellectualism dialogue 'Devil's Advocate' be a 'proverbial riddler' who asks, "Does greed qualify nihilism?"

:argue:

Of the two spirits in man.

This is for the man who would bring other to the inner vision, so that he may understand and teach to all the children of light the real nature of men, touching the different varieties of their temperaments with the distinguishing traits thereof, touching their actions throughout their generations, and touching the reason why they are now visited with afflictions and now enjoy periods of well-being.

All that is and ever was comes from a God of knowledge. Before things came into existence He determined the plan of them; and when they fill their appointed roles, it is in accordance with His glorious design that they discharge their functions. Nothing can be changed. In His hand lies the government of all things. God it is that sustains them in their needs.

Now, this God created man to rule the world, and appointed for him two spirits after whose direction he was to walk until the final Inquisition. They are the spirits of truth and perversity.

The origin of truth lies in the Fountain of Light, and that of perversity in the Wellspring of Darkness. All who practice righteousness are under the domination of the Prince of Lights, and walk in ways of light; whereas all who practice perversity are under the domination of the Angel of Darkness, however, even those who practice righteousness are made liable to error. All their sin and their iniquities, all their guilt and their deeds of transgression are the result of his domination; and this, by God's inscrutable design, will continue until the time appointed by Him. Moreover, all men's afflictions and all their moments of tribulation are due to this being's malevolent sway. All of the spirits that attend upon him are bent on causing the sons of light to stumble. Howbeit, the God of Israel and the Angel of His truth are always there to help the sons of light. It is God that created these spirits of light and darkness and made them the basis of every act, the [instigators] of every deed and the direction and the directors of every thought. The one He loves for to all eternity, and is ever pleased with its deeds; but any association with the other He abhors, and He hates all its ways to the end of time.

This is the way those spirits operate in the world. The enlightenment of man's heart, the making straight before him all the ways of righteousness and truth, the implanting in his heart of fear for the judgments of God, of a spirit of humility, of patience, of abundant compassion, of perpetual goodness, of insight, of perception, of that sense of the Divine Power that is based at once on an apprehension of God's works and a reliance on His plenteous mercy, of a spirit of knowledge informing every plan of action, of a zeal for righteous government, of a hallowed mind in a controlled nature, of abounding love for all who follow the truth, of self-respecting purity which abhors all the taint of filth, of a modesty of behaviour coupled with a general prudence and an ability to hide within oneself the secrets of what one knows - these are the things that come to men in this world through communion with the spirit of truth. And the guerdon of all that walk in its ways is health and abundant well-being, with long life and fruition of seed along with eternal blessings and everlasting joy in the life everlasting, and a crown of glory and a robe of honor, amid light perpetual.

But to the spirit of perversity belong greed, remissness in right doing, wickedness and falsehood, pride and presumption, ruthless deception and guile, abundant insolence, shortness of temper and profusion of folly, arrogant passion, abominable acts in a spirit of lewdness, filthy ways in the thralldom of unchastity, a blasphemous tongue, blindness of eyes, dullness of ears, stiffness of neck and hardness of heart, to the end that a man walks entirely in ways of darkness and of evil cunning. The guerdon of all who walk in such ways is multitude of afflictions at the hands of all the angels of destruction, everlasting perdition through the angry wrath of an avenging God, eternal horror and perpetual reproach, the disgrace of final annihilation in the Fire, darkness throughout the vicissitudes of life in every generation, doleful sorrow, bitter misfortune and darkling ruin-ending in extinction without remnant of survival.

It is to these things that all men are born, and it is to these that all the host of them are heirs throughout their generations. It is in these ways that men needs must walk and it is in these two divisions, according as a man inherits something of each, that all human acts are divided throughout all the ages of eternity. For God has appointed these two things to obtain in equal measure until the final age.

Between the two categories He has set an eternal enmity. Deeds of perversity are an abomination to Truth, while all the ways of Truth are an abomination to perversity; and there is a constant jealous rivalry between their two regimes, for they do not march in accord. Howbeit, God in His inscrutable wisdom has appointed a term for existence of perversity, and when the time of Inquisition comes, He will destroy it for ever. Then truth will emerge triumphant for the world, albeit now until the time of the final judgment it go sullying itself in the ways of wickedness owing to the domination of perversity. Then, too, God will purge all the acts of man in the crucible of His Truth, and refine for Himself all the fabric of man, destroying every spirit of perversity from within his flesh and cleansing him by the holy spirit from all the effects of wickedness. Like waters of purification He will sprinkle upon the spirit of truth, to cleanse him of all the abominations of falsehood and of all pollution through the spirit of filth; to the end that, being made upright, men may have understanding of transcendental knowledge and of the lore of the sons of heaven, and that, being made blameless in their ways, they may be endowed with inner vision. For them has God chosen to be the partners of His eternal covenant, and theirs shall be all mortal glory. Perversity shall be no more, and all works of deceit shall be put to shame.

Thus far, the spirits of truth and perversity have been struggling in the heart of man. Men have walked both in wisdom and folly. If a man casts his portion with the truth, he does righteously and hates perversity; if he casts it with perversity, he does wickedly and abominates truth. For God has appointed them in equal measure until the final age, until 'He makes all things new'. He foreknows the effect of their works in every epoch of the world, and He has made men heirs to them that they might know good and evil. But [when the time] of Inquisition [comes], He will determine the fate of every living being in accordance with which of the [two spirits he has chosen to follow].

Manual of Discipline

Trust me I'm not mad. You're just upset or offended I'm telling you you are probably worshipping a lie and that upsets you because at least a small part of you knows it might be true. And you love this god so you take it personally.

And again you are wrong. I do not belong to any religion and it is not possible for me to be offended by anything you say or have said to me out of ignorance.

Trust me, I do feel bad for you.

You aren't a Christian? Then you are going to hell. Not a Muslim or Mormon? Then they too say you are going to hell. Convert or burn!

You aren't a Christian? Then you are going to hell. Not a Muslim or Mormon? Then they too say you are going to hell. Convert or burn!

They say that I am going to hell, but I can show that they are already in it and under the dominion of a spirit of perversity.

Personally, I would prefer to burn than convert or to be drawn and quartered than to willingly get down on my knees and worship a lifeless matzo made by human hands and exchange my own rational mind for the irrational beliefs of the deranged.

Once a person loses their rational mind, what is left, and with what can they get it back?

I would rather die with my sanity intact than to live a long life without a functioning brain.

That would truly be hell.

Last edited:
Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again. So just because science says that "we are not significant or special" doesn't mean a thing. In fact, there are thousands of scientists that DO believe we are significant and special. Home The Institute for Creation Research

What your thread ought to say is that God isn't obvious to YOU. However, God's presence is very obvious to me. The earth and all creation declare His glory. I don't have to see a tornado to know that it ripped through a Midwestern town. The path of destruction declares the existence of the tornado.

Before science the people who invented god said a tornado was god mad at us.

If god is obvious what was the 30 year war between Protestants and Catholics about?

Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again. So just because science says that "we are not significant or special" doesn't mean a thing. In fact, there are thousands of scientists that DO believe we are significant and special. Home The Institute for Creation Research

What your thread ought to say is that God isn't obvious to YOU. However, God's presence is very obvious to me. The earth and all creation declare His glory. I don't have to see a tornado to know that it ripped through a Midwestern town. The path of destruction declares the existence of the tornado.

If god is obvious what was the 30 year war between Protestants and Catholics about?

1) Knowledge = Science; therefore, there is no "before science." Men have been experimenting with God's creation since they were first place on earth.

2) Men have been fighting each other since Cain and Abel. War and conflict between men doesn't negate God's existence.

1) Knowledge = Science; therefore, there is no "before science." Men have been experimenting with God's creation since they were first place on earth.

2) Men have been fighting each other since Cain and Abel. War and conflict between men doesn't negate God's existence.
1) knowledge has been the peeling back of fears and superstitions that have kept humanity from insight and exploration. Your gawds and the gawds of others have been inviting toward knowledge.

2) What negates the existence of all of the gawds is their lack of existence.

1) knowledge has been the peeling back of fears and superstitions that have kept humanity from insight and exploration. Your gawds and the gawds of others have been inviting toward knowledge.

Your misconceptions and/or misunderstandings amount, only, to your personal opinions -- not "knowledge." Just because you've limited yourself to a small, self-imposed, dark and dank prison of ignorance doesn't mean that the rest of God's creation has to.

Your misconceptions and/or misunderstandings amount, only, to your personal opinions -- not "knowledge." Just because you've limited yourself to a small, self-imposed, dark and dank prison of ignorance doesn't mean that the rest of God's creation has to.
It's curious that you presume to speak with authority on one version of gawds for no other reason than those gawds were the "culturally correct" gawds.

I think the real ignorance is displayed by those who live in trembling fear of invented gawds.

Forum List

Back