God does not dwell in buildings.. so why do Catholics talk about Christ's Presence in the Church?

My memory is fine. You say what ever pops into your head to get out of the situations you put yourself in, because you don't really know what you're talking about. And continue to insult along the way while exposing your ignorance!
You "forget" when convenient, you make excuses for your misinformation, you deflect when confronted, try to flip what you say when you know you are backed into a corner with scripture, and dismiss if you are shown to be wrong.

You don't make sense half the time, and I suspect that you are either on some type of medication...or should be.
you are a liberal

someone who uses ad hominem and other sorts of nefarious tricks to "win" arguments that you know you cannot win through logic or facts... (you haven't studied TRUE Catholicism and therefore cannot argue with someone who has but that does not stop you from flailing away at windmills just the same... )

I don't like liberals...

so there's that...

I am about the most conservative person, you'll ever meet. You don't have a clue. Shit just comes out of your mouth. Then you use it to justify your phony positions.
Yeah, I use scripture tricks to prove you Bible illiterate :uhoh3: .
No tricks are necessary. Your lack of even the basic Biblical foundations are so wrong, my opinion never needs enter into it. You lie, I point out the lie through scripture.

If you don't like reproof, then you need to put me on ignore, because every time I see where you have tried to decieve someone with false doctrine, I will be right there to clean up your mess.

I don't like false prophets and liars, so there's that...

this is almost comical. A person 500 years removed from the Original Church (1500s is when protestantism occurred) is going to preach to me about the priesthood and how things should be in the Church

when he has NO interest in studying the historical Christian Church... wants to bring up stuff from the Old T

and on the basis of what HE, not the Church Christ founded... thinks about it..

sheez...

don't think so
Paul lived 500 years after Jesus lived? Ummm...no. Hebrews 7:17, "For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." Read the entire chapter 7 and you will see that Jesus Christ had established the orders of the priesthood and Paul wrote about this. Not 500 years later but shortly after the death of Jesus Christ. So, I'll ask you again. Why did the so-called true church RCC get rid of the priesthood by getting rid of the two priesthoods of Melchizedek and Aaron (Levitical)? The answer is simple. The RCC committed apostacy.

So, I'll ask you again. Why did the so-called true church RCC get rid of the priesthood by getting rid of the two priesthoods of Melchizedek and Aaron (Levitical)?
I thought you claimed to teach at a Catholic school? Jesus fulfilled Psalm 110:4--that he is a priest forever in the line of Melchizedek. Jesus anointed the Apostles as priests in this line as well, who went on to ordain still others. The Catholic priesthood has always been in the order of Melchizedek.

And by the way, by our baptism into the Catholic faith, we become priests, prophets, kings... We don't wait to become priests until age 18....

I thought you claimed to teach at a Catholic school? Jesus fulfilled Psalm 110:4--that he is a priest forever in the line of Melchizedek. Jesus anointed the Apostles as priests in this line as well, who went on to ordain still others. The Catholic priesthood has always been in the order of Melchizedek.

And by the way, by our baptism into the Catholic faith, we become priests, prophets, kings... We don't wait to become priests until age 18....
Nope. If it was, then the RCC would designate priests after the order of Melchizedek, not Franciscan, Jesuit....... There is no order of the priesthood in the RCC that is an order of Melchizedek. It should be written down. It's not.

Nope. If it was, then the RCC would designate priests after the order of Melchizedek, not Franciscan, Jesuit....... There is no order of the priesthood in the RCC that is an order of Melchizedek. It should be written down. It's not.
You don't study much...

You don't study much...
There is nothing to study on this. The RCC has changed the doctrine and the everlasting covenants. They lost the authority a long time ago. That's why they had Merlin the Magician and torture chambers and the Dark Ages. The ages of apostasy. Fortunately, the Lord has remembered His people of Israel and restored His Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith and re-established The Church of Jesus Christ in these, the Latter-days with His Saints.
1654628400243.png

Fortunately, the Lord has remembered His people of Israel and restored His Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith and re-established The Church of Jesus Christ in these, the Latter-days with His Saints.
If this is your belief, then be at peace. There is no reason to continually pick fights with those of other faiths and/or denominations.

Paul lived 500 years after Jesus lived? Ummm...no.
oh brother... are u dense?

i was talking about Protestants, who are 500 years removed from the time of the TRUE Church... (unless maybe they have a devout Catholic in the family and every now and then actually listen to such person)

There is nothing to study on this. The RCC has changed the doctrine and the everlasting covenants. They lost the authority a long time ago. That's why they had Merlin the Magician and torture chambers and the Dark Ages. The ages of apostasy. Fortunately, the Lord has remembered His people of Israel and restored His Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith and re-established The Church of Jesus Christ in these, the Latter-days with His Saints.
View attachment 655063
Jesus promised that the very gates of Hell itself would not prevail against His Church (mt 1618), so how do you explain all those years before the great and almighty polygymist came along to make all things right in Christ again?

how do u explain that gap of so many years?

Jesus didn't keep his promise?

that is all you can conclude....

but Jesus would appear to be trustworthy IMO.... just sayin'... could be wrong and all................

If this is your belief, then be at peace. There is no reason to continually pick fights with those of other faiths and/or denominations.
Then, why not debate properly? Paul said there would be a falling away of the gospel. So, there was no succession. What he didn't know was for how long. About 1,800 years.

oh brother... are u dense?

i was talking about Protestants, who are 500 years removed from the time of the TRUE Church... (unless maybe they have a devout Catholic in the family and every now and then actually listen to such person)
But, Paul said there would be an apostasy. A falling away. What he didn't know was it was going to be for a very long time. So did the people as well as they hoped the 2nd coming would happen soon. 1,800 years later, the heavens were opened to revelation again through a prophet of God. And, Jesus restored His Church again. The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. What I can't wrap my head around with Catholics and most Protestants is Jesus said in the Bible to do "ALL" things in His name. And, you can't even name your Churches after him. His name wasn't Roman. Nor was it Catholic. Nor was it Baptist...

Jesus promised that the very gates of Hell itself would not prevail against His Church (mt 1618), so how do you explain all those years before the great and almighty polygymist came along to make all things right in Christ again?

how do u explain that gap of so many years?

Jesus didn't keep his promise?

that is all you can conclude....

but Jesus would appear to be trustworthy IMO.... just sayin'... could be wrong and all................
Because Paul wrote what Jesus said, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come (2nd coming) except there com a falling away (apostasy of the Church),..." There is no succession from Peter to Pope Francis...All Popes have claimed they are no prophet. So, why do the members think so? It would take a prophet of God to open back up the heavens and end the apostasy.
Why trash polygamy? It was done by prophets in the OT and possibly apostles in the NT. Bishops and others were not allowed to have more than one wife. But, that was it. I bet you approve of same-sex marriages and transgenderism. Well?

Then, why not debate properly? Paul said there would be a falling away of the gospel. So, there was no succession. What he didn't know was for how long. About 1,800 years.
There was no falling away. Your declaration does not make it so. Further, one parish--even the Vatican--going through a rough period does not make it a "falling away" for all--indeed, there was never even a "falling away" for everyone in that parish.

"Falling Away" is simply another part of the con that was the beginning of the LDS Church.

Oh, by the way...Paul was speaking of events in his own time. He was warning people in the places he proclaimed Christ, there were others out there as well who were not preaching the Gospel correctly. (What I say today about the LDS church with their teachings of their non-Trinity division of God, of people dying and becoming God, of Joseph Smith and his "lost" or invisible plates, people remaining married after death with the husband in charge.)

And no, I don't care to have any discussion with you, there is nothing to discuss as we have no common ground. I reject all LDS premises and you are blind to the fact there was no "falling away" of all Catholics. Let.it.be.

The LDS Church does believe in Christ, so I hold that the Holy Spirit is upon your places of worship as the Spirit is on all places of worship. I believe God will work with you as you are and continue to draw you closer--just as God does with all who love Him. God bless.

There was no falling away. Your declaration does not make it so. Further, one parish--even the Vatican--going through a rough period does not make it a "falling away" for all--indeed, there was never even a "falling away" for everyone in that parish.

"Falling Away" is simply another part of the con that was the beginning of the LDS Church.

Oh, by the way...Paul was speaking of events in his own time. He was warning people in the places he proclaimed Christ, there were others out there as well who were not preaching the Gospel correctly. (What I say today about the LDS church with their teachings of their non-Trinity division of God, of people dying and becoming God, of Joseph Smith and his "lost" or invisible plates, people remaining married after death with the husband in charge.)

And no, I don't care to have any discussion with you, there is nothing to discuss as we have no common ground. I reject all LDS premises and you are blind to the fact there was no "falling away" of all Catholics. Let.it.be.

The LDS Church does believe in Christ, so I hold that the Holy Spirit is upon your places of worship as the Spirit is on all places of worship. I believe God will work with you as you are and continue to draw you closer--just as God does with all who love Him. God bless.
2 Thes. 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;" Yep, an apostasy. Why are you wanting so much to be deceived when the Lord says not to be deceived? The fact that you don't believe in the heavens being open with continuous revelation from God to his servants the Prophets says you are wrong. Now, does this mean that there isn't anything Catholics teach that is true and good? Of course not. But, to claim to be the Church of Jesus Christ when you can't even do all things in His name starting with the name of the Church shows deception and a falling away of the entire Church. You don't even have the Priesthood Orders established by Christ and your beloved Paul. Now, you are disowning Paul's words. Pretty soon, you'll be tearing out the entire writings of Paul.
Paul wasn't speaking about his own times. He said "the time will come" meaning future times. And, not that far either once John the Revelator died, so did the prophets and apostles were gone. The very foundation needed to have a sanctioned Church of Jesus Christ by Jesus Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12, "11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" The foundation (prophet and apostles) was lost. I mean, you could even look at the way the RCC interpreted the "Peter, you are the rock of revelation" as an example of losing the authority when Peter died. Here's a few more showing the full apostasy of the earth Christian Church:

Apostasy of the Early Christian Church

• changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant, Isa. 24:5.
  • this people draw near me with their mouth, Isa. 29:13.
  • darkness shall cover the earth, Isa. 60:2.
  • a famine … of hearing the words of the Lord, Amos 8:11.
  • his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, Matt. 13:25.
  • saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many, Matt. 24:5.
  • shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, Matt. 24:24.
  • his disciples went back, and walked no more with him, John 6:66.
  • shall grievous wolves enter in among you, Acts 20:29.
  • there be divisions among you, 1 Cor. 11:18.
  • I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him, Gal. 1:6.
  • who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey, Gal. 3:1.
  • shall not come, except there come a falling away first, 2 Thes. 2:3.
  • some having swerved have turned aside, 1 Tim. 1:6.
  • giving heed to seducing spirits, 1 Tim. 4:1.
  • all they which are in Asia be turned away from me, 2 Tim. 1:15.
  • Who concerning the truth have erred, 2 Tim. 2:18.
  • Having a form of godliness, but denying the power, 2 Tim. 3:5.
  • turn away their ears from the truth … unto fables, 2 Tim. 4:4.
  • profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, Titus 1:16.
  • From whence come wars and fightings among you, James 4:1.
  • false prophets also among the people, 2 Pet. 2:1.
  • being led away with the error of the wicked, 2 Pet. 3:17.
  • now are there many antichrists, 1 Jn. 2:18.
  • many false prophets are gone out into the world, 1 Jn. 4:1.
  • certain men crept in … denying the only Lord God, Jude 1:4.
  • which say they are apostles, and are not, Rev. 2:2.
  • thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, Rev. 3:16.
  • to make war with the saints, Rev. 13:7.

Last edited:
As I said, I don't care to have this discussion with you.

Further, I personally don't care for the game of tossing Bible verses at people. Each verse in the Bible deserves thoughtful research and contemplation, and not to be served back and forth like ping-pong balls.

Because Paul wrote what Jesus said, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come (2nd coming) except there com a falling away (apostasy of the Church),..." There is no succession from Peter to Pope Francis...All Popes have claimed they are no prophet. So, why do the members think so? It would take a prophet of God to open back up the heavens and end the apostasy.
Why trash polygamy? It was done by prophets in the OT and possibly apostles in the NT. Bishops and others were not allowed to have more than one wife. But, that was it. I bet you approve of same-sex marriages and transgenderism. Well?
i really had an open mind while reading your post... until i came to the part

"Why trash polygamy"

omg... just omg...

may you marry someone who has another spouse ... or 2 or 3...

sick... Jesus spoke against divorce and remarriage... so it's a pretty good guess he didn't like polygamy...

As I said, I don't care to have this discussion with you.

Further, I personally don't care for the game of tossing Bible verses at people. Each verse in the Bible deserves thoughtful research and contemplation, and not to be served back and forth like ping-pong balls.
lol

not to mention that psgs should not be taken out of context... the context of other psgs around it... the contest of psgs found elsehwere in the Bible.. the context of the CHURCH that put together the Bible in the 4th century (choosing which books belong and rejecting those they thought did not.. or did not belong well .. so to say). of course that was the Catholic Church.. which gets no credit for the Bible from protesters

There was no falling away. .. Further, one parish--even the Vatican--going through a rough period does not make it a "falling away" for all--indeed, there was never even a "falling away" for everyone in that parish.

I like this...

tired of hearing about how the Catholic Church fell away.. Please.. it was Luther who fell away and took many with him... I tend to think L is in Hell now but that's beside the point..

The main point i want to make is that I don't think this poster is listening to you AT ALL

he seems to just zip past what others say if he doesn't like it... and he doesn't like much of anything

just wondering if you are wasting time?

oh, I should have read this part of your post where you basically say what i just said

Forum List

Back