God does not dwell in buildings.. so why do Catholics talk about Christ's Presence in the Church?

Priests After the Order of Melchizedek or Aaron (Levite)?
Traditional Catholic means pre-Vatican II Cahtolic

that is what I am. I do not like Vatican II

anymore than i like green eggs and ham...

sorry, couldn't help it

So, what are the orders of the Priesthood in your mind?
everything is wacky since Vatican II... well, not everything, but some people go so far as to call the novus ordor Mass a mess not a Mass... and you wonder...

I suppose as long as the host is consecrated, that is what matters... and the Real Presence is there... but I don't like the modern Mass..

I am not sure how to answer your Q any better than that......

everything is wacky since Vatican II... well, not everything, but some people go so far as to call the novus ordor Mass a mess not a Mass... and you wonder...

I suppose as long as the host is consecrated, that is what matters... and the Real Presence is there... but I don't like the modern Mass..

I am not sure how to answer your Q any better than that......
Well, you have Franciscan Order, Jesuit Order, Dominican Order....The Bible says Melchizedek and Aaron (Levites) Orders. You say the host is consecrated. But, by what authority? There can be no presence if there is no authority. God is a God of order. By your definition, all Protestants have the authority as well.

Well, you have Franciscan Order, Jesuit Order, Dominican Order....The Bible says Melchizedek and Aaron (Levites) Orders. You say the host is consecrated. But, by what authority? There can be no presence if there is no authority. God is a God of order. By your definition, all Protestants have the authority as well.
my definition?

please. My definition is that there should have been no Vatican II. Protestants helped implement Vat II changes... I'm w/ the Old Church

so how is that saying that protesters also have authority? Please

my definition?

please. My definition is that there should have been no Vatican II. Protestants helped implement Vat II changes... I'm w/ the Old Church

so how is that saying that protesters also have authority? Please
Because the Priesthood is the power and authority of God given to man to do his work. Such as baptisms, giving the gift of the Holy Ghost and blessing the sacraments. Before or after Vatican 2 doesn't mean anything to me. I just know that there are two Priesthood orders established by Christ and spoken about by Paul in the Book of Hebrews. So, if the Catholic Church doesn't have those orders then they don't have authority or power to bless the sacraments. And, the Protestants came from the Catholic Church and would not have the authority either. What the heck is s Jesuit? Franciscan?......

Because the Priesthood is the power and authority of God given to man to do his work. Such as baptisms, giving the gift of the Holy Ghost and blessing the sacraments. Before or after Vatican 2 doesn't mean anything to me. I just know that there are two Priesthood orders established by Christ and spoken about by Paul in the Book of Hebrews. So, if the Catholic Church doesn't have those orders then they don't have authority or power to bless the sacraments. And, the Protestants came from the Catholic Church and would not have the authority either. What the heck is s Jesuit? Franciscan?......
if you really wanted answers, you would attend a (free) RCIA at a Catholic Church near you.

I (again) do not have time or inclination to try to cram 2000 years of history and teachings into... some i-net forum setting... like, right... I can't find more productive things to do... it's not productive bc I am not listened to by most protesters.

I mean, what, am I superhuman or something? I can answer one or 2 questions that take a paragraph or so... that's it...

if you really wanted answers, you would attend a (free) RCIA at a Catholic Church near you.

I (again) do not have time or inclination to try to cram 2000 years of history and teachings into... some i-net forum setting... like, right... I can't find more productive things to do... it's not productive bc I am not listened to by most protesters.

I mean, what, am I superhuman or something? I can answer one or 2 questions that take a paragraph or so... that's it...
In other words, you don't have an answer on why the RCC got rid of the Melchizedek and Aaronic Priesthoods and replaced them with orders that aren't in accordance with the original Church that Jesus established up through the original Apostles established. Where's the authority? I agree that an apostasy happened and there was no continuance to the present. That a restoration of the authority and Church had to be restored through a prophet called by Jesus Christ himself.

In other words, you don't have an answer on why the RCC got rid of the Melchizedek and Aaronic Priesthoods and replaced them with orders that aren't in accordance with the original Church
this is almost comical. A person 500 years removed from the Original Church (1500s is when protestantism occurred) is going to preach to me about the priesthood and how things should be in the Church

when he has NO interest in studying the historical Christian Church... wants to bring up stuff from the Old T

and on the basis of what HE, not the Church Christ founded... thinks about it..

sheez...

don't think so

i am not speaking about a building but the One who lives in it

King David wanted to build God a house and God said the same thing that Protestants say today: namely that God is... wherever He wants to be (paraphrase) and does not need a house to live in

HOWEVER

He had David build Him a house anyway (a place where the Ark of the Covenant would reside)... which was normally referred to as the Temple.. now the Church

God said no such thing to David. A Temple was necessary for the process of temporarily removing sin from the Jews. God was the one that gave them the template for the building. What God told David was David's sin prevented him from building it and that it would be built by His son. And it was. According to God's specs. Read all about it in Haggai...

Well, you kind of have to read the Old Testament or certainly those parts pertaining to the Ark of the Covenant, a "chest" that the Israelites carried with them in all their journeys. It was where God presented Himself to them, to communicate w/ them and guide them.

Then later there was a light perpetually shining in the synagogues to signify God's presence.

Now we have the Real Presence, also signified by a light always burning in the Church Christ founded.. telling eveyrone He is there

(Exodus and other early books... John 6:27-72)
The Church is the body of all of the faithful.

God is also omnipresent so he's certainly present in every church, synagogue, temple etc.

God said no such thing to David. A Temple was necessary for the process of temporarily removing sin from the Jews. God was the one that gave them the template for the building. What God told David was David's sin prevented him from building it and that it would be built by His son. And it was. According to God's specs. Read all about it in Haggai...
well, you must either be reading a Bible written by... i dunno... maybe Joel Olsteen or whomever

But most Bibles do not say what you say here

And the Douay Rheims Bible, most reliable one of all tells us the story of David and how he wanted a house for the Lord and the Lord said He is God and didn't need one but then had David build Him one anyway

I think I'm going to go with the Most Reliable Version of the Bible on this

well, you must either be reading a Bible written by... i dunno... maybe Joel Olsteen or whomever

But most Bibles do not say what you say here

And the Douay Rheims Bible, most reliable one of all tells us the story of David and how he wanted a house for the Lord and the Lord said He is God and didn't need one but then had David build Him one anyway

I think I'm going to go with the Most Reliable Version of the Bible on this

You just quoted another LIE. You show me me where God said to David, the Jews don't need a Temple. Here is why Hem told David He couldn't be the one to build it though:

“You have shed blood abundantly, and have made great wars; you shall not build a house in My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight.”

And here is what David said to the officials of Israel:
King David rose to his feet and said: "Listen to me, my brothers and my people. I had it in my heart to build a house as a place of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, for the footstool of our God, and I made plans to build it.

But God said to me, `You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood
.' "Yet the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me from my whole family to be king over Israel forever. He chose Judah as leader, and from the house of Judah he chose my family, and from my father's sons he was pleased to make me king over all Israel. Of all my sons--and the LORD has given me many--he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. He said to me: `Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.

David took responsibility for God's decision, and finished with whom God told them who God said WOULD BE BUILDING THE TEMPLE.
Because, unlike your lie, God knew the Jews needed a place to sacrifice animals to temporarily cover their sins...

Yeah, ya did. You said, "God doesn't dwell in buildings". That is another lie. Not only did He reside in the Jewish Temple. He designed it...
geez... u forgot your own damn comments of a few days ago...

but I am not terribly surprised...

OK, here is my answer AGAIN

OP title had to do with what PROTESTANTS have always said to me RE the debate about the Real Presence of Christ in the Church

They always say God does not dwell in buildings... (hope u can remember that this time)

so once again: I, RightNow909, would be the absolute LAST person to say that Jesus Christ (who is God) does not dwell in the building known as HIS CHURCH

+

My memory is fine. You say what ever pops into your head to get out of the situations you put yourself in, because you don't really know what you're talking about. And continue to insult along the way while exposing your ignorance!
You "forget" when convenient, you make excuses for your misinformation, you deflect when confronted, try to flip what you say when you know you are backed into a corner with scripture, and dismiss if you are shown to be wrong.

You don't make sense half the time, and I suspect that you are either on some type of medication...or should be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back