Jesus ascended into Heaven but sent the Holy Spirit... You wonder if the Holy Spirit has now departed us...

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
For if I go not, the Paraclete will not come to you: but if I go, I will send him to you. 8And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin and of justice and of judgment. 9Of sin: because they believed not in me. 10And of justice: because I go to the Father: and you shall see me no longer. 11And of judgment: because the prince of this world is already judged.

You look around and everything is just SO anti-Christ... you wonder... you just wonder... about so many things..

You know Jesus wins in the end... but what about NOW?

Sometimes He wins now also... but sometimes... For example, we've had legal baby murder for something like 46 years.. 63 million innocent people killed. We are just now starting to try to change this...

Anyway... In that psg it says that "the prince of this world is already judged"

Too bad we haven't seen him being totally annihilated or punished as a result of said Judgment

Last edited:
The Holy spirit is with us and he restrains evil right now. Seems evil is multiplying.
The Holy Spirit will even be with us during Tribulation, those of us not taken up by Christ. But the Holy Spirit will not restrain evil in those times. If we think it is bad now, We have no idea what is to come.

The Holy spirit is with us and he restrains evil right now. Seems evil is multiplying.
The Holy Spirit will even be with us during Tribulation, those of us not taken up by Christ. But the Holy Spirit will not restrain evil in those times. If we think it is bad now, We have no idea what is to come.
thanks for this uplifting post :(

sigh

but you are likely correct... although sometimes i get the feeling... can't get much worse...

Then again... I think of SCOTUS and that disgusting, anti-Constitutional, anti-American, diabolical Roe v Wade being in the process of being overturned.. Thank God for Trump who nominated those Justices!

so yeh... maybe things aren't as gloomy as one may think...

Trying to make Christianity meaner and ever more political is manufacturing atheists by the millions. People are not so much anti-Christ. They are anti-asshole. No one wants to join a hypocrite club where you have to surrender all your good sense at the door.

IMO, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better but the Holy Spirit is still among us.
I've never seen the part of the Bible that says the end times will be really bad but get better again for awhile before going to absolute evil shitshow finale.
We have the beginnings of the mark of the beast system with digital ID.
A one world system pulling the strings and waiting to take over completely now.
Wars & rumors of war, famine, pestilence, chaos.
These are not the normal times the sheeple believe them to be & elections won't save us from what is coming

Trying to make Christianity meaner and ever more political is manufacturing atheists by the millions. People are not so much anti-Christ. They are anti-asshole. No one wants to join a hypocrite club where you have to surrender all your good sense at the door.
Really? Please expand.
How is Christianity more political?
What good sense is surrendered at the door?
Atheist numbers have declined from 1970 while Christianity has steadily increased, so what are you talking about?
God doesn't only look at America & Europe

In addition, the evangelical research firm noted there are fewer atheists around the world today (147 million) than in 1970 (165 million).
According to the Gordon-Conwell center's report, the number of atheists is forecast to continue to decline by 2050.
Lifeway also pointed to data that shows Christianity is continuing to grow around the world. With a 1.17% growth rate, almost 2.56 billion people will identify as Christian by the middle of 2022. By 2050, that number is expected to top 3.33 billion.

how ironic

--

IMO, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better but the Holy Spirit is still among us.
I've never seen the part of the Bible that says the end times will be really bad but get better again for awhile before going to absolute evil shitshow finale.
These are not the normal times the sheeple believe them to be & elections won't save us from what is coming
well, that depends on how said elections go... Don't we need to take a wait and see attitude?

we can't live w/o hope, can we?

But yeh... all that stuff u list is just not too fun to think about.. I'm thinking the ostrich had a good idea...

kidding

But we do need to stick to what we CAN do... Some of the **^$## in charge... they will not relinquish their power any time soon.....

I sometimes wonder if... well, I'm doing free association or whatever but... a rather radical person once told me that Lincoln got what he deserved... and since hearing that, which at the time i didn't agree w/... i have read about what an absolute tyrant Lincoln was..

so yeh... I dunno why I am bringing this up except it seems relevant... probably is. Apparently, some people just got pushed too far... and now I see that the South wasn't as evil as i had always been taught (by public schools, of course) to think

well, that depends on how said elections go... Don't we need to take a wait and see attitude?

we can't live w/o hope, can we?

But yeh... all that stuff u list is just not too fun to think about.. I'm thinking the ostrich had a good idea...

kidding

But we do need to stick to what we CAN do... Some of the **^$## in charge... they will not relinquish their power any time soon.....

I sometimes wonder if... well, I'm doing free association or whatever but... a rather radical person once told me that Lincoln got what he deserved... and since hearing that, which at the time i didn't agree w/... i have read about what an absolute tyrant Lincoln was..

so yeh... I dunno why I am bringing this up except it seems relevant... probably is. Apparently, some people just got pushed too far... and now I see that the South wasn't as evil as i had always been taught (by public schools, of course) to think
You have a lot more faith in elections than I will ever have again.
I think it there was a chance we could stop what's going on through an election, we wouldn't be allowed to have another election.
Considering I have always believed that, as a free country, our national binding together is voluntary rather than mandatory, the Civil War & expansion of fed govt powers is a double edged sword.
Our own Declaration of Independence was written specifically about this very subject.
If I had been Lincoln, I would've allowed the southern states to secede because there is no real justifiable excuse to force them to stay in the country if we are truly a govt of the people, by the people of the several states.
However, I would've immediately declared war against our new southern neighbor for harboring the atrocity of slavery to fellow human beings on our border, conquered them & abolished slavery in a conquered territory. Repatriation would've come later.
May not make sense for most because very little would've changed but it's the difference between freedom of the people to make their own destiny & tyranny by a central fed govt.

You have a lot more faith in elections than I will ever have again.
I think it there was a chance we could stop what's going on through an election, we wouldn't be allowed to have another election.
Considering I have always believed that, as a free country, our national binding together is voluntary rather than mandatory, the Civil War & expansion of fed govt powers is a double edged sword.
Our own Declaration of Independence was written specifically about this very subject.
If I had been Lincoln, I would've allowed the southern states to secede because there is no real justifiable excuse to force them to stay in the country if we are truly a govt of the people, by the people of the several states.
However, I would've immediately declared war against our new southern neighbor for harboring the atrocity of slavery to fellow human beings on our border, conquered them & abolished slavery in a conquered territory. Repatriation would've come later.
May not make sense for most because very little would've changed but it's the difference between freedom of the people to make their own destiny & tyranny by a central fed govt.
i agree w/ that part about Lincoln... He wasted all those lives just to keep us together when we obviously didn't want to stay together... at least not in that time period, etc

and there is no Constitutional requisite that we do stay together. The states made the federal govt, not the other way around but now the fed gov is damn near god

You must be a Protestant fundamentalist.

For if I go not, the Paraclete will not come to you: but if I go, I will send him to you. 8And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin and of justice and of judgment. 9Of sin: because they believed not in me. 10And of justice: because I go to the Father: and you shall see me no longer. 11And of judgment: because the prince of this world is already judged.

You look around and everything is just SO anti-Christ... you wonder... you just wonder... about so many things..

You know Jesus wins in the end... but what about NOW?

Sometimes He wins now also... but sometimes... For example, we've had legal baby murder for something like 46 years.. 63 million innocent people killed. We are just now starting to try to change this...

Anyway... In that psg it says that "the prince of this world is already judged"

Too bad we haven't seen him being totally annihilated or punished as a result of said Judgment
Well, he hasn't departed all of us. Just those that relish in sin and destruction of all things God. Scripture tells us that in the last days, the world will fall into utter wickedness and evil. There will be wars and rumors of wars, brother against brother, fathers against sons, mothers against daughters. Pretty darn close to this. Yet, there is still faith in Christ being taught. Even though sects of Christians don't see eye to eye on all doctrines, we all recognize Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and Redeemer. But, fewer and fewer are following Christ. And, people wonder why there is so much killing going on in the world. It's not because of guns. It's because of people who use the guns who have lost sight of the Lord.

Well, he hasn't departed all of us. Just those that relish in sin and destruction of all things God. Scripture tells us that in the last days, the world will fall into utter wickedness and evil. There will be wars and rumors of wars, brother against brother, fathers against sons, mothers against daughters. Pretty darn close to this. Yet, there is still faith in Christ being taught. Even though sects of Christians don't see eye to eye on all doctrines, we all recognize Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and Redeemer. But, fewer and fewer are following Christ. And, people wonder why there is so much killing going on in the world. It's not because of guns. It's because of people who use the guns who have lost sight of the Lord.
well, we finaly agree on something. .. whew

and that reminds me of how... A lot of christians seem to care more about... the various doctrines and beliefs (i don't speak of the basic or fundamental ones) that divide... and they go on and on

and miss the point that we all have this belief in common, that Jesus died for our sins. I'm sorry, but I have been Catholic a long time (not sorry about that but...) and

The protestants are FAR more divisive than Catholics.. Most Catholics try to find common ground and etc... but Protestants... WOOOOOOOO

i dont know... they are just... not wanting to find common ground (some of them)

well, we finaly agree on something. .. whew

and that reminds me of how... A lot of christians seem to care more about... the various doctrines and beliefs (i don't speak of the basic or fundamental ones) that divide... and they go on and on

and miss the point that we all have this belief in common, that Jesus died for our sins. I'm sorry, but I have been Catholic a long time (not sorry about that but...) and

The protestants are FAR more divisive than Catholics.. Most Catholics try to find common ground and etc... but Protestants... WOOOOOOOO

i dont know... they are just... not wanting to find common ground (some of them)
I agree with that. When I taught high school at a Catholic school, they were very inclusive. We had serval teachers who were protestant, LDS like me, and even 2 Jewish teachers. I had several conversations with Brothers Priests and Fathers over 16 years. My dad taught there for a couple of years before succumbing to cancer. He loved it there.

I agree that protestants give you that evil eye when you say you are Catholic or LDS. I remember in the teacher's lounge, a protestant minister was visiting and talking with a Catholic Father. The protestant minister was trying to say there are limits who can be included as Christians. I asked him about LDS and he said we (Christians) have to draw the line somewhere. The Father gave him a piece of his mind and said he actually got his Bachelors degree from the University of Utah which back in the 1970's was mostly LDS members. I'm a BYU grad and the Father and I used to have great conversations during football season.

Joseph Smith was told by a minister when he asked which Church was the true Church. The minister said "All Churches teach Christ and truth. He's correct. Most, not all, try to help the communities that they are in. Some are what I call specialty churches which zero in on one main ministry such as, "Homelessness" or "Substance abuse addictions." We had a man join our Church that once was an alcohol and drug abuser that said he didn't remember 20 years of his life. A small local church was primarily in that ministry and really helped him. But, he said he need to be around more sober people and wasn't good at helping others in the same problem. So, he saw our Church which has the "Word of Wisdom" as one of the most important tenants and we baptized him and confirmed him a member and gave unto him the Holy Ghost. I saw one of that church's ministers after this happened and he didn't understand why this man converted to LDS. So, I explained it to him as I just did to you. The minister then tried to go off on an anti-Mormon rant. So, I stopped him and told him that I think his church is a very necessary part of Christianity because of their work. I said that there is a scripture that I think is misinterpreted, Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." I interpret this as the Lord saying that those who don't accept my authority to do all these works, especially baptism and confirmation, will not be able to enter the Celestial Glory of Heaven. But, will be in a lower glory or mansion or kingdom of Heaven. It matters about who has that Priesthood Authority. That's why it's either the LDS or the Catholics. All others have come out from these 2 Churches.

Jesus was speaking about another person who would be sent by God to do those things.

Forum List

Back