Go Ahead, Remove Roe V. Wade

In many ways, I want the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V Wade.

Not because of my personal beliefs. I believe in choice. I can make that choice for myself only. Not every woman in the nation.

Because it will create such a backlash, republicans won't be able to be elected dog catcher in most places.

There has never been a time in our nation that the majority wanted to outlaw abortion.

The gap between those who want to outlaw it has been growing too.

So while many women will die and be harmed very badly for a while in red states only, it will guarantee that either republicans are thrown out of office for a very long time or they will wake up and stop pandering to a small margin of our nation.

Either way, abortion and women's health care will stop being a political weapon.

It never should have become a political weapon in the first place.

I don't think the Supreme Court has the guts to overturn Roe V Wade. They aren't as stupid as the minority who want it outlawed. They know what the political consequences will be.

So in essence you are willing to lose what you consider a right FOR POLITICAL GAIN...

There's a term for people like you

The big government, authoritarian right won't stop with Roe, Republicans will push for a Federal law banning abortion.
That will be tough

Republicans would need the White House, Congress and 60 votes in the Senate

Don’t see that happening

In many ways, I want the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V Wade.

Not because of my personal beliefs. I believe in choice. I can make that choice for myself only. Not every woman in the nation.

Because it will create such a backlash, republicans won't be able to be elected dog catcher in most places.

There has never been a time in our nation that the majority wanted to outlaw abortion.

The gap between those who want to outlaw it has been growing too.

So while many women will die and be harmed very badly for a while in red states only, it will guarantee that either republicans are thrown out of office for a very long time or they will wake up and stop pandering to a small margin of our nation.

Either way, abortion and women's health care will stop being a political weapon.

It never should have become a political weapon in the first place.

I don't think the Supreme Court has the guts to overturn Roe V Wade. They aren't as stupid as the minority who want it outlawed. They know what the political consequences will be.

If it’s overturned the issue would simply go to each state. That’s where it belongs anyway.

That will be tough

Republicans would need the White House, Congress and 60 votes in the Senate

Don’t see that happening
The worst thing you should want is the Deplorables to jump on your bandwagon. They would demand the goodies also at higher percentages that many are denied now.

You are going to have to give me some proof of that.

I looked for it myself but could only find info going back as far as 1989 by Gallup.

In 1989, 58% of people didn't support overturning Roe V. Wade.

I tried using keywords "majority people opposed roe v wade when it was decided."

Nothing came up.

I remember when it was decided. I don't remember a majority opposing the decision or abortion.

So please, provide some credible proof of that.
Didn't see this until now.

It's not possible to prove that and hasn't been for some time. I don't even know if it's still possible to show that as recently as two decades ago that more men than women supported abortions after the second trimester! But make no mistake about it, as recently as 15 years ago it was still possible to show that support for Roe v. Wade at the time of the decision was below 50%.

But the pending case is not about overturning abortion but reviewing the hackneyed viability question of the leftist, social-engineering Court of 1973.

Since Dana has never been right about anything we can be sure of Republican majorities for the foreseeable future.

If Roe is overturned, put it on the ballot in your state. Solved.

If it’s overturned the issue would simply go to each state. That’s where it belongs anyway.

Then watch as republicans all over the states be voted out of office.

No matter what happens with this case, women have had enough.

Our bodies aren't weapons or political pawns.

I won't be surprised if women vote republicans out of office at both the state and federal level.

Didn't see this until now.

It's not possible to prove that and hasn't been for some time. I don't even know if it's still possible to show that as recently as two decades ago that more men than women supported abortions after the second trimester! But make no mistake about it, as recently as 15 years ago it was still possible to show that support for Roe v. Wade at the time of the decision was below 50%.

But the pending case is not about overturning abortion but reviewing the hackneyed viability question of the leftist, social-engineering Court of 1973.

I'm not surprised you can't prove your claim.

Most because it's not true. I was alive at the time. I remember the support for Roe V Wade at the time and the majority of the nation supported it.

No you're wrong about it slipping below 50% 15 years ago.

The lowest approval or support Roe V Wade has gotten since 1989, is 52%.

So you are making up things that aren't true.

Stop lying.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.16.02 PM.png

Last edited:
I don’t think they will overturn
Just give states more flexibility in severely restricting it
Mississippi is requesting that Roe/Casey be overturned, that’s the question before the court – not the Constitutionality of the 15-week ban.

Also, listen to today’s oral ‘arguments’ – there is no five-vote majority to uphold Roe/Casey allowing the states greater restrictions.

Roe/Casey will be overturned – millions of women in anti-choice states will lose their right to privacy, subject to the tyranny of the authoritarian right.

Then watch as republicans all over the states be voted out of office.

No matter what happens with this case, women have had enough.

Our bodies aren't weapons or political pawns.

I won't be surprised if women vote republicans out of office at both the state and federal level.
Unfortunately, it could take some 40 to 50 years for that to happen.

And women not only need to vote Republicans out of office, they need to have state constitutions amended to recognize and defend a woman’s right to privacy so that the right to privacy cannot be taken away again.

Unfortunately, it could take some 40 to 50 years for that to happen.

And women not only need to vote Republicans out of office, they need to have state constitutions amended to recognize and defend a woman’s right to privacy so that the right to privacy cannot be taken away again.
When was the last time you were pregnant?

You don't? Wow, you're even dumber than I thought...

Really Skippy?

How many times in the last 50 years have Republicans held the White House, House of Representatives and had a 60 vote majority in the Senate?

I will help you
NEVER

I'm not surprised you can't prove your claim.

Most because it's not true. I was alive at the time. I remember the support for Roe V Wade at the time and the majority of the nation siupported it.

No you're wrong about it slipping below 50% 15 years ago.

The lowest approval or support Roe V Wade has gotten since 1989, is 52%.

So you are making up things that aren't true.

Stop lying.

View attachment 570586

Look at it this way, if it's overturned, the Republicans will find out in the next year how popular it was or wasn't.

Look at it this way, if it's overturned, the Republicans will find out in the next year how popular it was or wasn't.

I don’t think the women in Red States who will lose the right to an abortion really care.

If they did, they would not have voted overwhelmingly for Trump who made it clear he would appoint judges to repeal Roe v Wade

Forum List

Back