Gluten Free

Lucky you. Keep doing that as long as you can. When you find yourself chunky -- try cutting out wheat and watch what happens. Thank me later.

It's not what you eat but HOW MUCH you eat. Lol.

That's definitely NOT all there is to it. Again, when I cut out wheat, my total food intake went UP, not down, and I dropped 40 pounds. That's because of what the wheat was doing. So it very much IS what you eat.

Guess what would happen if you cut down to one meal a day, but the meal was made entirely of pop tarts?

Well, maybe it doesn't effect everyone the same way it does you?

Everybody's metabolism works in his/her own way, but there are also truisms regarding how the body processes a given type of food.

Go ahead, live on potato chips and let us know how it works out.

Like I said earlier, moderation. You don't have to cut things out of your diet completely, you just don't pig out on them!

And as I said earlier --- dietary reactions to specific foods do not require "pigging out". Because as I also said earlier ... it's not how much, but what it does. In ANY amount.

Perhaps you have beans in your ears....

That's definitely NOT all there is to it. Again, when I cut out wheat, my total food intake went UP, not down, and I dropped 40 pounds. That's because of what the wheat was doing. So it very much IS what you eat.

Guess what would happen if you cut down to one meal a day, but the meal was made entirely of pop tarts?

Everybody's metabolism works in his/her own way, but there are also truisms regarding how the body processes a given type of food.

Like I said earlier, moderation. You don't have to cut things out of your diet completely, you just don't pig out on them!

And as I said, that doesn't apply with something like wheat. It's not a matter of "how much". It's a matter of what it DOES inside the body.

:dunno: I eat wheat products all the time, never had a problem with weight, AND I've had children.

You are not "everybody". Is it not possible that other people metabolize differently?

Think about it.

Did you know that you're not supposed to consume a piece of protein that is larger than your palm? You can use your hands to make sure you are eating the proper amount and not overdoing it.

http://lifehacker.com/5963598/use-your-hands-to-easily-plan-proper-meal-portions
That's ridiculous.

Let's say you worked 12 hours at a physically active job such as cement masonry where you burn over 500 calories/hour on top of your basal metabolic rate of about 2000 calories per day. How are you going to get the 8000+ calories and extra protein and other nutrients that you need if you follow that guideline?

You would become malnourished very quickly.

So we have a friend from Scotland staying with us for several days next week, Monday-Wednesday. They have to be Gluten Free in all foods, we've been reading up on this....to say the least, food times are going to be very complicated from Monday-Wednesday.

Does anyone have any experience with Gluten Free stuff/people?

Mr. Lucy and I went to large grocery store this morning, this is because we found out from their website they have wide array of Gluten Free foods, so we now have an option to Mr. Lucy spending inordinate amount of time in kitchen doing two completely different types of foods.

There's no reason you need to prepare two different types of foods. It's not like humans NEED gluten.
Just make enough GF for everybody --- done.

You've prolly made a number of GF meals over the years, just by chance.

Here's another one I do (mentioned chili above) that would also be vegetarian -- cook up some basmati rice.... while it's cooking slice up some zucchini, carrot, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, tomato. You can sautee them like the restaurant where I used to order it, or I like to steam them. Then put it all together in a baking dish topped with mozarella and feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes.

I don't make that because it's gluten-free; I make it because it's délicieux.

We now have a Slovakian friend with us until Tuesday, I collected him this afternoon. He's not Gluten Free, however, Mr. Lucy decides that he's making your recipe:

"Here's another one I do (mentioned chili above) that would also be vegetarian -- cook up some basmati rice.... while it's cooking slice up some zucchini, carrot, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, tomato. You can sautee them like the restaurant where I used to order it, or I like to steam them. Then put it all together in a baking dish topped with mozarella and feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes."

Mr. Lucy in kitchen now, making above :smoke:

We now have a Slovakian friend with us until Tuesday, I collected him this afternoon. He's not Gluten Free, however, Mr. Lucy decides that he's making your recipe:

"Here's another one I do (mentioned chili above) that would also be vegetarian -- cook up some basmati rice.... while it's cooking slice up some zucchini, carrot, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, tomato. You can sautee them like the restaurant where I used to order it, or I like to steam them. Then put it all together in a baking dish topped with mozarella and feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes."

Are you sure that all ingredients are listed in that recipe? Please re-check. I don't see ice cream, vinegar, mustard, chocolate sauce, strawberry preserve and pickles in there. WTF???

Last edited:

Are you sure that all ingredients are listen in that recipe? Please re-check. I don't see ice cream, vinegar, mustard, chocolate sauce, strawberry preserve and pickles in there. WTF???

Yes, Mr. Lucy factor in this, and I'm putting chocolate sauce and some marshmallows on mine :cool-45:

Did you know that you're not supposed to consume a piece of protein that is larger than your palm? You can use your hands to make sure you are eating the proper amount and not overdoing it.

http://lifehacker.com/5963598/use-your-hands-to-easily-plan-proper-meal-portions
That's ridiculous.

Let's say you worked 12 hours at a physically active job such as cement masonry where you burn over 500 calories/hour on top of your basal metabolic rate of about 2000 calories per day. How are you going to get the 8000+ calories and extra protein and other nutrients that you need if you follow that guideline?

"Let's say you worked 12 hours at a physically active job such as cement masonry"

Somehow I can't picture Chris working in cement masonry :eek-52:

Are you sure that all ingredients are listen in that recipe? Please re-check. I don't see ice cream, vinegar, mustard, chocolate sauce, strawberry preserve and pickles in there. WTF???

I had chocolate chicken for lunch....I make post about this soon in my other thread.

That's ridiculous.

"Let's say you worked 12 hours at a physically active job such as cement masonry"

Sexist!?

:coffee:

That's ridiculous.

Sexist!?

OMG sexist :lol:

So we have a friend from Scotland staying with us for several days next week, Monday-Wednesday. They have to be Gluten Free in all foods, we've been reading up on this....to say the least, food times are going to be very complicated from Monday-Wednesday.

Mr. Lucy and I went to large grocery store this morning, this is because we found out from their website they have wide array of Gluten Free foods, so we now have an option to Mr. Lucy spending inordinate amount of time in kitchen doing two completely different types of foods.

There's no reason you need to prepare two different types of foods. It's not like humans NEED gluten.

Here's another one I do (mentioned chili above) that would also be vegetarian -- cook up some basmati rice.... while it's cooking slice up some zucchini, carrot, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, tomato. You can sautee them like the restaurant where I used to order it, or I like to steam them. Then put it all together in a baking dish topped with mozarella and feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes.

Y'all will love it.
Last time I did it I threw in some Korma sauce for body and some Dahansak Masala powder to make it interesting. Also threw some chicken in there, and added sharp cheddar as I like a cheese that bites back. Experiment and get creative. Let me know how it's received. :thup:

That's ridiculous.

Sexist!?

I couldn't resist.

How do the American's say??

Way too easy.

That's ridiculous.

Sexist!?

I couldn't resist.

How do the American's say??

Way too easy.

It was very funny!

Y'all will love it.
Last time I did it I threw in some Korma sauce for body and some Dahansak Masala powder to make it interesting. Also threw some chicken in there, and added sharp cheddar as I like a cheese that bites back. Experiment and get creative. Let me know how it's received. :thup:

Okay, so everyone agree that it was very good....I of course put chocolate sauce on mine :smile:

Y'all will love it.

Okay, so everyone agree that it was very good....I of course put chocolate sauce on mine :smile:

Yum chocolate eggplant with cheese! What could be more.... 'scuse me.... :puke3:

Y'all will love it.

Yum chocolate eggplant with cheese! What could be more.... 'scuse me.... :puke3:

Hey it's my condition that's causing all this weird eating, it's not my fault....it's Mr. Lucy's fault :lol:

It's not what you eat but HOW MUCH you eat. Lol.

And as I said earlier --- dietary reactions to specific foods do not require "pigging out". Because as I also said earlier ... it's not how much, but what it does. In ANY amount.

And as I said, that doesn't apply with something like wheat. It's not a matter of "how much". It's a matter of what it DOES inside the body.

:dunno: I eat wheat products all the time, never had a problem with weight, AND I've had children.

You are not "everybody". Is it not possible that other people metabolize differently?

Think about it.

And YOU are not "everybody"either, bitch. :D

Think about it.

And YOU are not "everybody"either, bitch. :D

Sorry, could you repeat the question? :tongue: :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back