global warming: "if what we think we can understand is correct"

is global warming a key political issue is to you in this next election ??

• yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • no

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You people post up the same old tired nonsense over and over and over. The Flat Earth Society also has many charts to defend their position.

They also are to be ignored.

It's funny how people who mindlessly accept the Bible as infallible can turn around and categorically dismiss climate change because the science isn't sufficient.

You people post up the same old tired nonsense over and over and over. The Flat Earth Society also has many charts to defend their position.

It's funny how people who mindlessly accept the Bible as infallible can turn around and categorically dismiss climate change because the science isn't sufficient.

The only time someone insists on interpreting the Bible for you is usually when they wish to use it to create a theocracy over you or use it as a weapon to control you monetarily in some way.

Climate change is no different here. If there was no legislation to rearrange massive amounts of wealth there would not be the push to change everyone's interpretations of climate change.

Funny how you continue to set up straw men so you can burn them down thus adding to GHGs.

You people are the ignorants of the population and reality scares you. Nothing new, conservative minded people throughout history are the slowest to accept a new reality. It matters not.

Global Warming is real and accelerating. The science was settled 15 years ago. The evidence is mountainous now.

A mass extinction is under way. The rate of living organisms going extinct right now has not been seen since the last major mass extinction event 65 million years ago when the dinosaurs and 75% of all species on Earth went extinct.

The denier cult is living on borrowed time. Even the dimwits that have been saying its a hoax for years are finally getting it through their heads that you cannot deny reality.

You people that are too scared to accept what is happening are only delaying required action. I feel sorry for you and your mental demons but your worst nightmare is true.

Get your blanky and hide under the bed.

Right on... Gods ways are not ours.
We just don't understand

I know this is all too scary for many of you. But your denial isn't going to change anything. You speak all the tired worn out memes and clichés that you've heard over and over on con-talk-radio. The fact that you can't think for yourself is more than evident. And humans generally are scared of what they don't understand.

Again, your denial and ignorance do not change anything. Sorry. You'll have to grow up at some point.

The only time someone insists on interpreting the Bible for you is usually when they wish to use it to create a theocracy over you or use it as a weapon to control you monetarily in some way.

Climate change is no different here. If there was no legislation to rearrange massive amounts of wealth there would not be the push to change everyone's interpretations of climate change.

Yeah, if your post means people don't like using massive amounts of our money or putting people out of work over GW BS then you are completely right.

I know this is all too scary for many of you. But your denial isn't going to change anything. You speak all the tired worn out memes and clichés that you've heard over and over on con-talk-radio. The fact that you can't think for yourself is more than evident. And humans generally are scared of what they don't understand.

Again, your denial and ignorance do not change anything. Sorry. You'll have to grow up at some point.

The problem is all these predictions your scientists keep predicting are not happening. Ever here the story of the little boy that cried wolf?

Your fear mongering isn't going to make your point either. You make claims but don't back those claims up, even when called out to do so. Without backing your opinion is not better or worse then anyone else.

Now, I call you out again, back up your claim of extinctions accelerating.

And this is the main problem. These people are really just ignorant hillbillies who believe in magic but not scientific fact.

Again, they are to be ignored. I feel sorry for them, that they are so scared of the world that they can't face it head on. But many people are like that.

The denier cult is to be ignored.

You people are the ignorants of the population and reality scares you. Nothing new, conservative minded people throughout history are the slowest to accept a new reality. It matters not.

Global Warming is real and accelerating. The science was settled 15 years ago. The evidence is mountainous now.

A mass extinction is under way. The rate of living organisms going extinct right now has not been seen since the last major mass extinction event 65 million years ago when the dinosaurs and 75% of all species on Earth went extinct.

The denier cult is living on borrowed time. Even the dimwits that have been saying its a hoax for years are finally getting it through their heads that you cannot deny reality.

You people that are too scared to accept what is happening are only delaying required action. I feel sorry for you and your mental demons but your worst nightmare is true.

Get your blanky and hide under the bed.

The blankey brigade trying to scare us about CO2

Pinned the Irony meter

i just heard a JPL scientist say we are able to study and see "if what we think we can understand is correct"
and that will help develop models for the future. Home Page - Deep Space Network
and this is fine, i am really glad they are studying and playing with computer models. i don't want this to replace the space program.

however, when they start pushing global warming as a liberal agenda, that where i step off the train.
if people like al gore use junk science and cooked data to the ends of wealth and power, i have a political problem with that. and i have also rebelled against the using of taxpayer money to use the corporation for public broadcasting to sell this story, especially to our children,

global warming is not a consensus, it's new science, the data is either wrong or inconclusive.
this is going to be a big political football, it's time to look at this objectively. the summit in france coming up will be a whirlwind of political posturing. carbon credits are a joke. they are a vehicle to controlling industry and the economy. let's stay focused on the environment polution and population, and not one more red cent to that fear monger hypocrite al gore.

if what we think we can understand is correct... that will be five billion dollars please.

The Alarming Cost Of Climate Change Hysteria

According to the GAO, annual federal climate spending has increased from $4.6 billion in 2003 to $8.8 billion in 2010, amounting to $106.7 billion over that period. The money was spent in four general categories: technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, science to understand climate changes, international assistance for developing countries, and wildlife adaptation to respond to actual or expected changes. Technology spending, the largest category, grew from $2.56 billion to $5.5 billion over this period, increasingly advancing over others in total share. Data compiled by Joanne Novaat the Science and Policy Institute indicates that the U.S. Government spent more than $32.5 billion on climate studies between 1989 and 2009. This doesn’t count about $79 billion more spent for climate change technology research, foreign aid and tax breaks for “green energy.”

'Dark Money' Funds To Promote Global Warming Alarmism Dwarf Warming 'Denier' Research

money spent studying global warming - Google Search

with all the problems in the world, they are bilking people so we can control the weather ?
what about all the weather people, won't they lose their jobs ?

incidentally, the poll question doesn't ask if you believe in the "science" only if it's a political issue this election for you, it is for me, thanks to people like gore and obama.

i don't think it's a priority or a bigger threat than isis for example, which is far less nebulous and obscure, and politically obfuscated for $$ and political control.

Planetary security is a thing with me, but I'm more concerned about asteroids hitting the planet than gradual climate changes where you have more than enough time to adapt to the changes.

Well then, we need an asteroid tax. I'm sure they would embrace that. Just create a big pot of money and I'm sure they will keep us all safe and secure.

Please, get with the program, we need asteroid credits.

One wonders why some argue things they do not even understand with such vehemence. Most know as much about climate as they do about particle physics, yet somehow they know. Why is that? Simple childish disagreement. In the end how do convince a twelve year old or a much older idiot? You can't.

Many in Nation Tired of Explaining Things to Idiots - The New Yorker

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

NASA sent a satellite to monitor CO2 concentrations

mainco2mappia18934.jpg

F5a.png

Here's what it reported.

Obama then stopped NASA from reporting any further reading

That's science, right? When the satellite reading contradict your stupid, failed theory, you shut down the satellites

Forum List

Back