Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

You should make your questions much harder for me, 2 quick verses

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Exodus 20:13"You shall not murder

That's supposed to be Jeremiah and what he prophesied about himself.

Removing a fetus is not murder.

This man predicted the world would end on May 21, 2011.

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

According to Wikipedia...

He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

Camping is notable for issuing multiple failed predictions of dates for the End Times, which temporarily gained him a global following and millions of dollars of donations.

I thought this was a thread about morality, so get back to the subject, just because SCOTUS says removing a fetus is not murder, does not make it so, in the eyes of God. So I would argue that man's morality here, is not superior to God's, unlike many, I don't know how anyone could be so conceited as to believe they could really understand God's ethics and morality.

If there is a God(and I believe there is), and He has the power to create everything we are, and everything we know, we would be like an ant trying to figure out how to drive an automobile. We want to think that we are smart and know much, but I argue in the grand scheme of things, we haven't even got to the sidewalk of the house yet, much less knocked on the door, it will be millions of years before we ever get inside that house and just start to explore.

Gawd committed genocide on the very people he created by way of the flood, according to the good book. I'm sure there were women, children, and even pregnant women who were killed in the flood.

Today we put mass murderers in prison.

Today Tsunami's and Earthquakes still kill masses of people.
And then?

Genocide, rape, sacrificing children....come on, you can think of something! :D
Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?

That's another excuse christians use -

When they do bad, its because they're 'not perfect, just saved'.

Or, 'the devil made me do it'.

Christians don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.
An atheist is sad after an abortion it doesnt count but chriistians get a pass on murder because they believe what the pastor in their town believes. Sort of. They cherry pick but that's OK too because the key is believing this Jesus guy was god.
How do Christians get a pass on murder?

Don't worry I know you won't answer with anything happening in today's world.

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.
Please show me where God approved of slavery. I know He spoke of how to treat slaves, but I never remember Him saying He approved of the practice.

Six Years a Slave...

Why would anyone give suggestions on how to treat slaves, or how slaves should obey, if they're against slavery?

BibleGateway.com A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Exodus 21:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Colossians 4:1King James Version (KJV)
4 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Then why do we still practice slavery, in the same way that it was practiced in the Old Testament(sort of), we still have to work for a living, are we not slaves to the dollar bill now?

People in the OT sold themselves into slavery, to provide for their family, or just to survive. Though most of the time they sold themselves to get out of debt. Some even sold themselves into slavery to get a wife.
Genesis 29:18Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."

Do you wear these to work? Do you get beaten or raped at work?

as-slave-in-chains-smaller.jpg

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

Camping is notable for issuing multiple failed predictions of dates for the End Times, which temporarily gained him a global following and millions of dollars of donations.

I thought this was a thread about morality, so get back to the subject, just because SCOTUS says removing a fetus is not murder, does not make it so, in the eyes of God. So I would argue that man's morality here, is not superior to God's, unlike many, I don't know how anyone could be so conceited as to believe they could really understand God's ethics and morality.

If there is a God(and I believe there is), and He has the power to create everything we are, and everything we know, we would be like an ant trying to figure out how to drive an automobile. We want to think that we are smart and know much, but I argue in the grand scheme of things, we haven't even got to the sidewalk of the house yet, much less knocked on the door, it will be millions of years before we ever get inside that house and just start to explore.

Gawd committed genocide on the very people he created by way of the flood, according to the good book. I'm sure there were women, children, and even pregnant women who were killed in the flood.

Today Tsunami's and Earthquakes still kill masses of people.
And then?

A Tsunami wave is caused by sudden movement of the ocean due to earthquakes, landslides, large volcanic eruptions, or a meteorite impact in the ocean.

Earthquakes are usually caused when rock underground suddenly breaks along a fault.

Neither are caused by a magical Gawd.

thread is a total facepalm to begin with.

Men own other men and yet mans ethics are superior to God's because men don't think they should own their fellow men.

And where did the idea that man should be free come from.

Oh yeah, God.

Stop trying to fight God and seek Him out instead. All need to experience the change of heart and spiritual rebirth. Work with Him instead of against Him.

God laid down our morals in the bible

Even the ten commandments

Yet, even after Moses struggles to free the Jews from slavery and treks them across the desert, God does no see fit to say ....Thou shall not own other human beings
And even today, Americans do not say, thou shall not own other human beings either. Oh, there are some who are truly free of slavery, they live in a rent free building, they get a nice check from the government, the don't pay an electicity bill, they let others do their work for them, those people are not slaves, as for those of us who choose to work for a living, we are slaves, owned by employers, and obeying their rules and regulations, oh we can always quit, but someone else would then become our master, unless we decided to be truly free, and own our own slaves, or as we call them now, employees.

You should ignore idiots like the OP.

If she uses "Gawd" instead of "God", you know right then and there that she isn't looking for any kind of rational honest discussion. She is simply trolling.
I agree with that, but that disrespect shown by the OP, toward other people, just strengthens some of our faith. Respect for others is one of the biggest things missing in this world now, and I see it shown on both sides of the aisle.

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

So now you are sayings, that if it's good enough for God, then it's good enough for humans too. Sort of wishy washy aren't you?

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

So now you are sayings, that if it's good enough for God, then it's good enough for humans too. Sort of wishy washy aren't you?

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.
Please show me where God approved of slavery. I know He spoke of how to treat slaves, but I never remember Him saying He approved of the practice.

Six Years a Slave...

Why would anyone give suggestions on how to treat slaves, or how slaves should obey, if they're against slavery?

BibleGateway.com A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

4 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Then why do we still practice slavery, in the same way that it was practiced in the Old Testament(sort of), we still have to work for a living, are we not slaves to the dollar bill now?

People in the OT sold themselves into slavery, to provide for their family, or just to survive. Though most of the time they sold themselves to get out of debt. Some even sold themselves into slavery to get a wife.
Genesis 29:18Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."

Did God approve of this in the Bible? No He didn't, men created this kind of slavery. God set down the rules, and we disobey them and go further until this kind of slavery was common in every civilized country in the world. Just as recently as a century and a half ago.

Okay, your turn.

I don't feel the need to have people worship me.

If "god" is really a god then he/she doesn't have ethics or morals. And, since the god that christians say they believe in did such things as kill his child and drown every human and living creature on the planet, he is anything BUT ethical or moral - at least, as far as I understand those words to mean in my own life.

The bible was written by human beings who believed in some pretty horrendous things that we now believe to be very immoral and unethical. Or, again, I should say that I do not believe them to ethical or moral.

Interesting question but I can't think of a thing.

But that was the Old Testament God before he attended the Anger Management Program

Genocide, rape, sacrificing children....come on, you can think of something! :D
Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?

That's another excuse christians use -

When they do bad, its because they're 'not perfect, just saved'.

Or, 'the devil made me do it'.

Christians don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.
An atheist is sad after an abortion it doesnt count but chriistians get a pass on murder because they believe what the pastor in their town believes. Sort of. They cherry pick but that's OK too because the key is believing this Jesus guy was god.
How do Christians get a pass on murder?

Don't worry I know you won't answer with anything happening in today's world.
I've been noticing Christians get a pass on a lot more than just murder. Adultery too. How do they get away with murder? Besides the obvious us killing arabs for oil? Christian women get to have abortions and still go to heaven. In Christians eyes, abortion is murder. Yet many Christian women believe they are going to heaven even after they have had abortions. Why is that? Because they believe in Jesus? Because they are sorry? Well Atheist women are sorry too when they have abortions. But they go to hell for their sins. So Christians get a pass on murder. They also get to commit adultery apparently and still go to heaven. Matt 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who even looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

If she uses "Gawd" instead of "God", you know right then and there that she isn't looking for any kind of rational honest discussion. She is simply trolling.
I agree with that, but that disrespect shown by the OP, toward other people, just strengthens some of our faith. Respect for others is one of the biggest things missing in this world now, and I see it shown on both sides of the aisle.

I understand but she's a troll and this is a troll thread. You'll never get her to see that or any kind of reason at all. She proved that in her OP with her choice of words. You are both wasting your time and giving the troll attention.

Okay, your turn.

Six Years a Slave...

Did God approve of this in the Bible? No He didn't, men created this kind of slavery. God set down the rules, and we disobey them and go further until this kind of slavery was common in every civilized country in the world. Just as recently as a century and a half ago.

Absolutely!

A liberator frees people from oppression and confinement. Jesus uses slavery as an example for how God treats people.

I understand but she's a troll and this is a troll thread. You'll never get her to see that or any kind of reason at all. She proved that in her OP with her choice of words. You are both wasting your time and giving the troll attention.

No one is forcing either of you to post here.

No one is forcing either of you to post here.
That is very true, I post here with respect and humility, with the knowledge that one person on the fence might read this thread, and see the disrespect shown by some, and choose to be respectful toward all. I'm trying to make USMB a more civilized place, what are you trying to do Carla?

Okay, your turn.

I don't feel the need to have people worship me.

Very true

My wife and I created our children but we do not expect them to spend one day a week worshiping us. We do not expect them to thank us for their dinner. We do not make them pray to us at night

Forum List

Back