Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

Genocide, rape, sacrificing children....come on, you can think of something! :D
Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?

That's another excuse christians use -

When they do bad, its because they're 'not perfect, just saved'.

Or, 'the devil made me do it'.

Christians don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.
An atheist is sad after an abortion it doesnt count but chriistians get a pass on murder because they believe what the pastor in their town believes. Sort of. They cherry pick but that's OK too because the key is believing this Jesus guy was god.

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.
Particularly when you consider the fact that the bible was written by men, not a 'god' that doesn't exist.
Master works of art, like Picaso don't exits to baboons either. Does not mean that there are no master works of art. Even if its just pretty colors to them. Bach is not a master work of art in music to a baboon....its just sounds...that interfere with their own ability to survive...

God exists. It takes an evolved mind to consider it, however.

Which is why I never get involved in arguments with baboons.

Enjoy your banana.

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.
Particularly when you consider the fact that the bible was written by men, not a 'god' that doesn't exist.
Master works of art, like Picaso don't exits to baboons either. Does not mean that there are no master works of art. Even if its just pretty colors to them. Bach is not a master work of art in music to a baboon....its just sounds...that interfere with their own ability to survive...

Enjoy your banana.

Damn....I really, really tried

But that argument makes no sense

Okay, your turn.

Enjoy your banana.

I'm wondering if that one has back pain from trying to walk upright. :p

Okay, your turn.

Enjoy your banana.

I'm wondering if that one has back pain from trying to walk upright. :p
It really was retarded

That's another excuse christians use - When they do bad, its because they're 'not perfect, just saved'.

Or, 'the devil made me do it'.

Christians don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.

Wrong Luddly Neddite, even if you are forgiven spiritually, you still owe for any debts and damages caused.

SEE Bible -- on holding people to their every word,
every dime being paid, every word established.

Matthew 5:26
25"Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26"Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

Matthew 12:36
A Tree Recognized by its Fruit
35"The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.37"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Luddly Neddite since you are gentile you are held to natural laws.
And natural laws still hold people accountable not to speak falsely
and spread misperceptions, deception, false information or misrepresentation.

You are held responsible for correcting your errors, although you are also forgiven
for not knowing this wasn't correct.

We are still responsible for corrections, and also correcting all the people we misinformed.
So anyone who believes you and becomes misinformed, becomes your responsibility.
Please check with other people before you say what Christianity teaches or doesn't teach.
If they taught YOU wrong by serving as a poor example, that is THEIR fault, too!
But if YOU repeat it, it becomes YOUR fault if you don't correct it. Thank you!

Matthew 5:18
17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.…

Last edited:
In the beginning, God walked with Adam in the Garden of Eden, that was before sin entered the world, and man was perfect and able to stand in the Presence of God
Sin has separated us from God,
So Adam is the ONLY human to know what it is like to be without sin and one with God, but while Adam was in this heavenly state of physical perfection, in paradise, without sin and one with God, before Eve was created God himself said Adam was so alone it was not good.

So how could Adam have been alone before he was separated from God by sin??

edthecynic I think you are talking about two different levels of being alone
(and BTW one person I know came up with the concept of EGO as a secular explanation of
when SIN was introduced -- when man became SELF-AWARE of self interest and selfish will, apart from either selflessness with God or other people, and this was the act of biting into the apple of knowledge that was such a dangerous thing!)

I think being ALONE, as without a social complement or partner, is one level.

And then the SEPARATION by selfishness and fear disconnecting us from each other and God is another level.

It is this type of FEAR that is overcome by LOVE.

King Jr. Martin Luther quote-Men often hate each other because they fear each other they fear each... :
Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated.

Overcoming fear with love is what allows us then, as a consequence, to transcend even death or physical separation which we no longer fear but we understand and accept as part of life.
This is what it means for nothing to be able to separate us from the love of God.

thread is a total facepalm to begin with.

Men own other men and yet mans ethics are superior to God's because men don't think they should own their fellow men.

And where did the idea that man should be free come from.

Oh yeah, God.

Stop trying to fight God and seek Him out instead. All need to experience the change of heart and spiritual rebirth. Work with Him instead of against Him.

Men own other men and yet mans ethics are superior to God's because men don't think they should own their fellow men.

Oh yeah, God.

Stop trying to fight God and seek Him out instead. All need to experience the change of heart and spiritual rebirth. Work with Him instead of against Him.
Aren't you a servant of God?

Then explain to us, how exactly are you free ?

Oh yeah, God.

God laid down our morals in the bible

Even the ten commandments

Yet, even after Moses struggles to free the Jews from slavery and treks them across the desert, God does no see fit to say ....Thou shall not own other human beings

Oh yeah, God.

* Freedom from "Fear of the unknown"
* Freedom from "Fear of change or outside control by adverse influences or authority"
* Freedom from "Fear of conflict or confrontation that cannot be resolved
by establishing truth that SETS US FREE"

Perfect Love casts out All Fear.
God means perfect love, universal truth that heals all wounds and resolves all conflicts.

so there is no fear, so the mind and spirit are made free.

Oh yeah, God.

* Freedom from "Fear of change or outside control by adverse influences or authority"

God means perfect love, universal truth that heals all wounds and resolves all conflicts.

That is a very restricted form of "freedom from fear"--and it is not all forms of fear the follower is freed from.

However, you are not free if you become subservient to a religion or ideology. In fact, the very notion of "free" is not what a follower would want, when it pertains to their religion.

Remember--the concept of the sheep and the shepherd? The idea is that the sheep do not wish to be free because of what they fear will happen to them without the shepherd.

That is a form of confinement based upon fear of not practicing a particular religion. That is not freedom.

Oh yeah, God.

God laid down our morals in the bible

Even the ten commandments

Yet, even after Moses struggles to free the Jews from slavery and treks them across the desert, God does no see fit to say ....Thou shall not own other human beings
rightwinger
you are getting WAY ahead of the learning curve

man has to develop the language, social skills, and especially political development and economic structures
to replace slavery with sustainable education, jobs and internships providing services in organized communities.

this is all by free will and reason, remember?
because God created man to be free thinking and learning from experience?

here rightwinger I posted these ideas and plans for converting sweatshops into livable school communities
and sustainable campuses to break the cycle of political oppression and poverty

Earned Amnesty
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs

All that is missing is people work together on solutions and quit fighting to blame problems on other groups.
We could be focused on restitution for crime, abuses and corruption,
and investing THAT into rebuilding communities to be self-supporting and self-managed.

So that is where FORGIVENESS comes in to HEAL the broken relationships,
not only between people with with political groups and whole institutions like prisons and trafficking rings.

Then we can work together to solve these problems.

You want the end of the story, and we are still mapping out the steps to get there!

Oh yeah, God.

That is a very restricted form of "freedom from fear"--and it is not all forms of fear the follower is freed from.

However, you are not free if you become subservient to a religion or ideology. In fact, the very notion of "free" is not what a follower would want, when it pertains to their religion.

Remember--the concept of the sheep and the shepherd? The idea is that the sheep do not wish to be free because of what they fear will happen to them without the shepherd.

That is a form of confinement based upon fear of not practicing a particular religion. That is not freedom.

Sure, if their allegiance to their religion is based on fear. But where it is based on love of truth, justice and peace, it does not have to be motivated by fear.

Where are you getting this FEAR that all such adherence has to be fear based?
I know lots of people who LOVE to live by and share their ways out of LOVE and not fear.

Why are you judging all people by just the ones you consider fear-based?

Which people are you talking about
????

BTW the number one liberating step I know is FORGIVENESS
when people understand how transforming and empowering this is,
then they are no longer held back by fear or "scarcity mentality"
and other forms or effects, caused by being held back by past experiences
not resolved, understood or let go of yet. By forgiving first, this frees
the mind to work through the issues more clearly so problems can be solved.
So it starts a positive cycle of corrections that may have been obstructed previously.

Are you talking about people who divide and reject out
of fear and unforgiveness of differences with other groups?

What about the groups that are open to ALL people and forgive
anyone and everything and don't judge by differences because they aren't afraid.
The Bahai are very open and reach out to include others.
The Buddhists can be very open to including all others as interconnected.
the less fearful and judgmental we are, those minds tend to be more mature
and more free to study and understand on their own. is this what you mean?
the more free minded people?

Last edited:

Oh yeah, God.

Sure, if their allegiance to their religion is based on fear. But where it is based on love of truth, justice and peace, it does not have to be motivated by fear.

Where are you getting this FEAR that all such adherence has to be fear based?
I know lots of people who LOVE to live by and share their ways out of LOVE and not fear.

Why are you judging all people by just the ones you consider fear-based?

Which people are you talking about
????

If we are those followers that adhere to a religion based on being freed from some kind of fear--then those followers lost their freedom.

Understand, there are two ways these individuals lose their freedom--either by becoming subservient to the fear or becoming subservient to that which they believe will relieve them of their fear. The only way to be free is for them to conquer the fear themselves.

Now let us change topics and talk about love and freedom. Can you be restricted by love? Of course. Any ideology has the ability to restrict, and the notions of love does have in it the makings of an ideology.

I guess the real issue is realizing what freedom actually is and why men should not be completely free.

Okay, your turn.

By Gawd you mean Obama, right? Since he is the god of you leftist morons.

And this is simple, your Gawd has no ethics or morality.

You should ignore idiots like the OP.

If she uses "Gawd" instead of "God", you know right then and there that she isn't looking for any kind of rational honest discussion. She is simply trolling.

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

You should make your questions much harder for me, 2 quick verses

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Exodus 20:13"You shall not murder

That's supposed to be Jeremiah and what he prophesied about himself.

Removing a fetus is not murder.

This man predicted the world would end on May 21, 2011.

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

According to Wikipedia...

He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

Camping is notable for issuing multiple failed predictions of dates for the End Times, which temporarily gained him a global following and millions of dollars of donations.

I thought this was a thread about morality, so get back to the subject, just because SCOTUS says removing a fetus is not murder, does not make it so, in the eyes of God. So I would argue that man's morality here, is not superior to God's, unlike many, I don't know how anyone could be so conceited as to believe they could really understand God's ethics and morality.

If there is a God(and I believe there is), and He has the power to create everything we are, and everything we know, we would be like an ant trying to figure out how to drive an automobile. We want to think that we are smart and know much, but I argue in the grand scheme of things, we haven't even got to the sidewalk of the house yet, much less knocked on the door, it will be millions of years before we ever get inside that house and just start to explore.

Okay, your turn.
Please show me where God approved of slavery. I know He spoke of how to treat slaves, but I never remember Him saying He approved of the practice.

Six Years a Slave...

Why would anyone give suggestions on how to treat slaves, or how slaves should obey, if they're against slavery?

BibleGateway.com A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Exodus 21:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Colossians 4:1King James Version (KJV)
4 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Then why do we still practice slavery, in the same way that it was practiced in the Old Testament(sort of), we still have to work for a living, are we not slaves to the dollar bill now?

People in the OT sold themselves into slavery, to provide for their family, or just to survive. Though most of the time they sold themselves to get out of debt. Some even sold themselves into slavery to get a wife.
Genesis 29:18Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

You should make your questions much harder for me, 2 quick verses

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Exodus 20:13"You shall not murder

That's supposed to be Jeremiah and what he prophesied about himself.

Removing a fetus is not murder.

This man predicted the world would end on May 21, 2011.

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

According to Wikipedia...

He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

Camping is notable for issuing multiple failed predictions of dates for the End Times, which temporarily gained him a global following and millions of dollars of donations.

I thought this was a thread about morality, so get back to the subject, just because SCOTUS says removing a fetus is not murder, does not make it so, in the eyes of God. So I would argue that man's morality here, is not superior to God's, unlike many, I don't know how anyone could be so conceited as to believe they could really understand God's ethics and morality.

If there is a God(and I believe there is), and He has the power to create everything we are, and everything we know, we would be like an ant trying to figure out how to drive an automobile. We want to think that we are smart and know much, but I argue in the grand scheme of things, we haven't even got to the sidewalk of the house yet, much less knocked on the door, it will be millions of years before we ever get inside that house and just start to explore.

Gawd committed genocide on the very people he created by way of the flood, according to the good book. I'm sure there were women, children, and even pregnant women who were killed in the flood.

Today we put mass murderers in prison.

Forum List

Back