Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.

Any atheist american would have stopped those planes on 9 11 if we could have. God could have but didn't. But when 1 baby in a million survives a crash god gets the credit.

I also would never condemn anyone to burn in hell for eternity. Not even 1000. Especially if I had the power to heal their sick brain. And he's responsible for making us this way.
You are using false logic. When God made us, we were perfect, yet to be perfect, we had to have freewill, otherwise God would just have created mindless autobots, who could not make 1 decision on their own.

The decision Adam and Eve made to disobey God, was on them, not God, even though Adam tried to blame God right from the beginning.

Genesis 3:12The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate."

Adam was blaming everyone but himself, for his own failing, much as you have just done, by blaming God for 'making us this way.'

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

You should make your questions much harder for me, 2 quick verses

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Exodus 20:13"You shall not murder

I'm wondering if god had a stenographer when he wrote that, or did he just point at stone and engrave it with magic pixie dust?

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

I'm wondering if god had a stenographer when he wrote that, or did he just point at stone and engrave it with magic pixie dust?

Prove God did not write it. Thanks. :)

Abortion is murder.

How's that?

In the beginning, God walked with Adam in the Garden of Eden, that was before sin entered the world, and man was perfect and able to stand in the Presence of God, after sin befell us, God was able to talk to Noah directly, but by the time of Moses, He had to communicate through a burning bush, just to get Moses' attention.

Sin has separated us from God, and as every day passes, we get further away, from the time of Adam walking with God, to Moses, men could no longer even look at God, now we are thousands of years removed from that time, and we can no longer communicate directly with God, we have to use an intercessor, and that is why Jesus came, died and was resurrected, to be that intercessor.

How did God write the Bible? You can ask him in the twinkling of an eye, for that is what our brief lives are to God, just a blink, and it's over.

In the beginning, God walked with Adam in the Garden of Eden, that was before sin entered the world, and man was perfect and able to stand in the Presence of God
Sin has separated us from God,
So Adam is the ONLY human to know what it is like to be without sin and one with God, but while Adam was in this heavenly state of physical perfection, in paradise, without sin and one with God, before Eve was created God himself said Adam was so alone it was not good.

So how could Adam have been alone before he was separated from God by sin??

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.

Any atheist american would have stopped those planes on 9 11 if we could have. God could have but didn't. But when 1 baby in a million survives a crash god gets the credit.

I also would never condemn anyone to burn in hell for eternity. Not even 1000. Especially if I had the power to heal their sick brain. And he's responsible for making us this way.
You are using false logic. When God made us, we were perfect, yet to be perfect, we had to have freewill, otherwise God would just have created mindless autobots, who could not make 1 decision on their own.

The decision Adam and Eve made to disobey God, was on them, not God, even though Adam tried to blame God right from the beginning.

Genesis 3:12The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate."

Adam was blaming everyone but himself, for his own failing, much as you have just done, by blaming God for 'making us this way.'
Thanks for the Child's nursery story explanation.

Okay, your turn.

God and His Bible are perfectly okay with abortion. Humans are split.

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

Okay, your turn.

Thanks for the Child's nursery story explanation.

You are welcome.

Genocide, rape, sacrificing children....come on, you can think of something! :D
Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?

That's another excuse christians use -

When they do bad, its because they're 'not perfect, just saved'.

Or, 'the devil made me do it'.

Christians don't have to take responsibility for their behavior.

Abortion is murder.

How's that?

Prove God did not write it. Thanks. :)

Prove that he did.

I'm kidding, of course because that's the very definition of "faith" - belief in the unbelievable.

As always, I believe you can believe anything you want or need to believe and you're welcome to it. Just don't expect everyone else to be sheep.

Abortion is murder.

How's that?

That's supposed to be Jeremiah and what he prophesied about himself.

Removing a fetus is not murder.

This man predicted the world would end on May 21, 2011.

220px-Harold_Camping.jpg

According to Wikipedia...

He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

Camping is notable for issuing multiple failed predictions of dates for the End Times, which temporarily gained him a global following and millions of dollars of donations.

Okay, your turn.
Please show me where God approved of slavery. I know He spoke of how to treat slaves, but I never remember Him saying He approved of the practice.

Six Years a Slave...

Why would anyone give suggestions on how to treat slaves, or how slaves should obey, if they're against slavery?

BibleGateway.com A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Exodus 21:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Colossians 4:1King James Version (KJV)
4 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

Okay, your turn.

I agree

I never understood how after Moses leads the Jews out of slavery, God does not even find room for it in the 10 Commandments

Okay, your turn.

I agree

I never understood how after Moses leads the Jews out of slavery, God does not even find room for it in the 10 Commandments

There are many passages, in the Old and New Testament, that goes as far as telling how hard you are allowed to beat slaves, how to obtain them, and when you can have sex with them.

If you're looking for a little meaning, or a lesson in morality and ethics, I always suggest reading...

upload_2015-2-26_8-12-12.jpeg

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Some examples?

Anything mohammad says to do to unbelievers.

That god needs you to believe in and worship him or youre forever going to hell.

Just 2 quick immoral things off the top.

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Is punishing third and fourth generations for something they didn't do moral?

Can I ask what's the basis for these meals?

If we are just a blob of cells that came to be by circumstance and an even less significant ending, what is the purpose for morals?
Why even care if you do good or evil?

I'm sorry, but people like you scare me. When I read what you've just posted, it makes me wonder if you're a walking time bomb. Are you freaking serious? Come on! Humans desire to live their lives free from worry and anxiety. Nobody wants to be killed, have things stolen from them, and nobody wants to be assaulted. "Morality" springs from mans' desire to make life easier and more comfortable.

Holy crap.
Worry and anxiety over what?
Injury?Theft?Death?
We're just carbon-based petree dishes, right?
What is good? What is evil?
If you only believe in what you can see or prove how do you define good and evil? You can't see it. You can't measure it. And you can't touch it.
How?
Just because how certain things make you "feel"?
If that's the case you can never convict a psychopathical killer. Killing makes him 'happy' so that makes it good.

Well, I see we have one who didn't make it over the hump. Are you having problems walking upright?

How do you feel when someone steals one of your prized possessions? How would you feel if a family member were murdered? You know these things are painful, so you know it would be wrong to do it to someone else. Am I assuming too much?

We are social animals. We know that living in safe communities help us exist. We have learned this from human experience.

I recommend this book for you.

book1-LG.jpg

“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put things back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.

(I disagree with # 10)

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Quotes by Robert Fulghum

Forum List

Back