Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

Genocide, rape, sacrificing children....come on, you can think of something! :D
Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?

Humans allow the prideful, disobedient, irreverent, heretical, sodomites, and the generally morally infirm to continue breathing. God would strike your kind down. :lmao: I suggest you work on your resentment towards those who have faith. Try it, you might like it.

You just gave a great example of why our morals and ethics are superior, for those who have evolved, that is.

Gawd would strike down your kind.

People know better than to strike "your kind" down, over posting opinions on a message board. We believe in freedom of speech and the individual right to express, promote, pursue, and defend our ideas. You, on the other hand, and the Gawd you've created, not so much.

lol. You clearly didn't get my tongue in cheek response. I was having a bit of fun with you.

You're insecurities, judgements and fear are showing. It isn't in my power to create spirit dear child. That's inconsequential though.

brain_cell-universe.jpg

I find it amusing that it is you who think that you are the "evolved" one.

Be assured, your role in this is just as important as those who are enlightened. You are just unaware of your role.

Glowing_Yin_Yang_by_Namelessv1.jpg

Actually, I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at.

I said "our" morals, not "my" morals. I think our morals and ethics have evolved, don't you? If they hadn't, we'd still be stoning people to death. Now, stoning is defined as cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited:
Can I ask what's the basis for these meals?

If we are just a blob of cells that came to be by circumstance and an even less significant ending, what is the purpose for morals?
Why even care if you do good or evil?

dalai_lama_05.jpg
What a coincidence god especially hates all the same things you do. What about your faults and sins?
96ff6f246b893f5ce5e95b01a70eb808b0cb5745b1bd71eb41673d2b48abd04a.jpg

If we are just a blob of cells that came to be by circumstance and an even less significant ending, what is the purpose for morals?

I'm sorry, but people like you scare me. When I read what you've just posted, it makes me wonder if you're a walking time bomb. Are you freaking serious? Come on! Humans desire to live their lives free from worry and anxiety. Nobody wants to be killed, have things stolen from them, and nobody wants to be assaulted. "Morality" springs from mans' desire to make life easier and more comfortable.

Holy crap.

(maybe hortysir is just kidding)

It sounds like hortysir is only being good out of fear of consequence.

Last edited:

dalai_lama_05.jpg

I don't think you were joking. I think you just realized how silly you were sounding.

You just gave a great example of why our morals and ethics are superior, for those who have evolved, that is.

People know better than to strike "your kind" down, over posting opinions on a message board. We believe in freedom of speech and the individual right to express, promote, pursue, and defend our ideas. You, on the other hand, and the Gawd you've created, not so much.

lol. You clearly didn't get my tongue in cheek response. I was having a bit of fun with you.

You're insecurities, judgements and fear are showing. It isn't in my power to create spirit dear child. That's inconsequential though.

brain_cell-universe.jpg

Be assured, your role in this is just as important as those who are enlightened. You are just unaware of your role.

I said "our" morals, not "my" morals. I think our morals and ethics have evolved, don't you? If they hadn't, we'd still be stoning people to death. Now stoning is defined as cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't think our morals have evolved one whit. At least stoning victims knew what and why they were dying for. Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Click the link below if you don't believe me.

Let me google that for you

dalai_lama_05.jpg

I don't think you were joking. I think you just realized how silly you were sounding.

Okay, let's assume I wasn't joking and I know you SO well that I know that you are guilty of some of those "sins," I judged you of. Which of those sins do you admit to so that you can claim I am serious? Come on, let's have it. Confess.

Do you need a god to be good or the fear of hell? I don't.

In fact atheists hope that the human race lives forever. That would mean some day leaving this planet. We aren't selfishly worrying about our souls when we die.

So I don't know why we care so much about preserving the planet for future generations. We just do. So without believing in god we are more caring than you. You're only worried about your soul. I'm worried about survival of our grand kids and their grand kids and so on.

brain_cell-universe.jpg

I said "our" morals, not "my" morals. I think our morals and ethics have evolved, don't you? If they hadn't, we'd still be stoning people to death. Now stoning is defined as cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't think our morals have evolved one whit. At least stoning victims knew what and why they were dying for. Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

If we hadn't evolved, we would still be toting guns, shooting people at the OK Corral for looking the wrong way. A RWers wet dream. Ok, I guess only some of us have evolved.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but people like you scare me. When I read what you've just posted, it makes me wonder if you're a walking time bomb. Are you freaking serious? Come on! Humans desire to live their lives free from worry and anxiety. Nobody wants to be killed, have things stolen from them, and nobody wants to be assaulted. "Morality" springs from mans' desire to make life easier and more comfortable.

Holy crap.
Worry and anxiety over what?
Injury?Theft?Death?
We're just carbon-based petree dishes, right?
What is good? What is evil?
If you only believe in what you can see or prove how do you define good and evil? You can't see it. You can't measure it. And you can't touch it.
How?
Just because how certain things make you "feel"?
If that's the case you can never convict a psychopathical killer. Killing makes him 'happy' so that makes it good.

Holy crap.
Injury?Theft?Death?
If you only believe in what you can see or prove how do you define good and evil? You can't see it. You can't measure it. And you can't touch it.
How?
If that's the case you can never convict a psychopathical killer. Killing makes him 'happy' so that makes it good.

Ding, ding, we have a winner!

Wowza!

The only thing I know to do right now is to look up some phone numbers, for you to contact a therapist.

I'll have to tackle this later.

You all have a good night! :D

The Romans fed human beings to Lions and Tigers all within the guidelines of their gods.

We more modern humans have rejected public human sacrifice as a form of entertainment. At least we are civil enough to do our butchery out of sight of us the worthy ones.

Holy crap.
Injury?Theft?Death?
How?

Ding, ding, we have a winner!

Wowza!

The only thing I know to do right now is to look up some phone numbers, for you to contact a therapist.

I'll have to tackle this later.

You all have a good night! :D
So you can't answer without imposing your own sense of morals on the subject.

brain_cell-universe.jpg

If we hadn't evolved, we would still be toting guns, shooting people at the OK Corral for looking the wrong way. A RWers wet dream. Ok, I guess only some of us have evolved.

We have come a long way thanks to the age of enlightenment

God/religion are just a construct for people to avoid responsibility. It should not be surprising if the things that get emphasized by religious folks are often those things most contrary to our natural consciences.

Forgiveness can go against people's natural thinking.
But it is often necessary in order for victims of crimes and injustice
to HEAL so they don't cause further injury to themselves from holding on to rage or other negative emotions.

Forgiveness does not change the wrongs, and it still means the law must be applied
and any debts or damages paid. It is for the health and healing of the victim,
but this tends to sound counter-intuitive and can go against man's logic and idea of justice.

That isn't very emphasized by Christians here

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.
Please show me where God approved of slavery. I know He spoke of how to treat slaves, but I never remember Him saying He approved of the practice.

OK Carla_Danger I'll try this

According to the Christians, all life is precious from the womb, and only God can determine life and death.
Abortion is murder.

But according to Constitutional laws of man, man has free will and free exercise of religion.
Govt cannot be abused to impose on beliefs, but spiritual decisions must be made by free choice.
constitutional laws guard LIBERTY even if this means someone having the liberty to choose abortion
without being imposed upon by "religious faith-based arguments" not proven to THEM.

(it can be proven to others, but still remains faith based unless all people AGREE to the proof)

thus the defense of prochoice is putting man's freedom by man-made secular laws,
over the right to life of the unborn child and the FAITH in that as a human life.

How's that?

Is that according to Christians, or according to the Bible?...because I don't remember reading anything about abortions in the Bible.

You should make your questions much harder for me, 2 quick verses

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Exodus 20:13"You shall not murder

Forum List

Back