Getting the J&J Shot This Evening

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
This is insane. You’ll let an experimental jab go into your body while most likely never even having researched all that’s in it that’s gojng into your body, simply for the freedom to travel.

Good luck.

What medical research have you done on the vaccine? Are you a virologist?
What in anything I said requires me to be a virologist to say?

If you're criticizing ppl for being ignorant of the vaccine, then you obviously must have some deep knowledge of it that the average person doesn't. I'd simply like to know the context of that statement.
No, see the problem is that none of us has deep knowledge of it. We have so little knowledge of it that one has to be a fucking moron for taking it. Have a good day.

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
This is insane. You’ll let an experimental jab go into your body while most likely never even having researched all that’s in it that’s gojng into your body, simply for the freedom to travel.

Good luck.

If you're criticizing ppl for being ignorant of the vaccine, then you obviously must have some deep knowledge of it that the average person doesn't. I'd simply like to know the context of that statement.
No, see the problem is that none of us has deep knowledge of it. We have so little knowledge of it that one has to be a fucking moron for taking it. Have a good day.

Ah, but there's one undeniable fact we all know about covid19, and that it's killing ppl, making ppl severely sick and if it isn't, it's actively being spread by those who aren't affected by it. That's to say nothing about all the deadlier and more transmissible mutations that are affecting a lot more children now. Its strange to me why you would even need to ask why someone would want to put a vaccine in themselves.

It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundred or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we approach herd immunity and virus will die out in the US. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.
Wow, sounds like the CDC/Biden recording. On what SCIENCE are you basing your bullshit projections on?
It's not science. It's math.
The only thing you need to know to calculate herd immunity is how many people, on average, are infected by each infected person. This value is called R0 (pronounced “R naught”). Once you have that, you can plug it into a simple formula for calculating the herd immunity threshold: 1 − 1/R0. Unfortunately it takes a lot of data to determine Ro and what you end up with is a range. That range leads to a value between 70% and 80% immunity to reach herd immunity.

Let’s say the R0 for COVID-19 is 2.5, meaning each infected person infects, on average, two and a half other people (a common estimate). In that case, the herd immunity threshold for COVID-19 is 0.6, or 60%. That means the virus will spread at an accelerating rate until, on average across different places, 60% of the population becomes immune.

You morons can't even agree on how many Americans died FROM covid. Everything the CDC or the WHO or Fauci have stated as "fact" during this whole scamdemic has been contradicted at least once. Ever hear of GIGO--pronounced GARBAGE IN--GARBAGE OUT.
Whenever there is an epidemic caused by a new virus, we have to rely on what we know about infections from similar viruses. For example wearing mask, social distancing and quarantining reduces transmission of airborne viruses. Initially we don't know exactly how it works but as data is collected we learn more about this particular virus. Herd immunity in March 2020 was an educated guess based based on SARS, another member of the Coronavirus family. After collecting data for serval months, we found the transmission characteristics and could calculate the percentage of vaccinations needed for herd immunity. Bottom line is recommendations change as we learn more about the virus which is exactly what has happen.

In regard to cause of death, we have good numbers on the number that died with serious cases of Covid-19 but like other diseases such as cancer or heath disease, there are disputes about exact cause of death. Almost everyone dies of heart failure but determining the cause of the heart failure when the person has multiple things going on is not always that easy. However, with Covid-19, the final phases of the disease that leads to death are unmistakable. Autopsies have shown that the attending physician's call is right in over 95% of deaths.
Not according to the CDC--Only 6% of all reported covid fatalities were due to covid. The remaining 94% were from underlying conditions with covid. Don't you find it amusing that seasonal flu, hearth failure and cancer have been virtually non-existant over the past year. Yeah, scamdemic--follow the science.

The viral claim that only 6% of COVID-19 deaths were caused by the virus is flat-out wrong. This claim stems from an Aug. 26 update the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) posted on its website, which provides a detailed breakdown of the accompanying health conditions (known as comorbidities) and contributing causes of death reported in people who have died of the new coronavirus in the United States. The CDC noted that "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned." Typical the in the end stages of Covid-19, underlying conditions will contribute to the death plus most patients will develop pneumonia, repertory failure, heart problems, and or septicemia. Seldom does a patient die with just Covid-19. This is true of many terminal diseases. Only 30% of terminal cancer patients actually die of the cancer.​

Viral claim that only 6% of COVID-19 deaths were caused by the virus is flat-out wrong

Fair enough--You believe what you want to believe and I will believe my actual first hand observations and experiences with covid. Seasonal flu, heart disease and cancer fatalities were at all time lows during the past year and I believe this is nothing more than massive globalist government over reach and WILL NOT be convinced otherwise. You can follow any guidance you choose, but I refuse to be deceived.

What first hand knowledge do you have that the CDC does not have access to? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Riddle me this, moron. For about ten years now, ~8K people die per day. 2.9M per year. Last year annual fatalities for ANY cause were 2.88M. If we were in a pandemic that had 500K fatalities, the annual count should increase by 500K. That did not happen. Little things, critical thinking, thinking for yourself instead of blindly following the "science" LMAO.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to follow science, instead let's just use our random, uneducated thoughts and opinions, which are not based on evidence or facts, or anything.
People, i give you exhibit A of what it looks like to be a right winger following conspiracy theories. They get all their "facts" from facebook memes, insanely partisan sites or some random place they'll come across, then they come on here and claim they use "critical thinking." It's the same pattern over and over. Stop getting your "facts" and your "critical thinking" from fake news facebook memes, you idiots!!!

Follow this science moron-- CDC: 2,050 DEAD Following COVID “Vaccines” as 300+ Deaths Added This Week – 16 Deaths from New J&J Shot Producing “COVID Symptoms” - Medical Kidnap

Quoting from religious conspiracy websites like Medicalkidnap isn't how you're going to convince me of your "critical thinking" skills. If anything it's the complete opposite. I proved that you get your information from facebook memes and you got called out. End of story.
You didn't PROVE shit. I haven't been on FB for over five years to begin with. Your feeble attempt to deny actual statistics from the CDC is as telling as anyone needs. Run along now, your mommy is calling.

Im not denying anything, I'm not the one attempting to deflect from the original conversation. That's what you did once i proved your statement was from directly from a fb meme story about yearly death counts, and 2.9 million deaths, yada yada yada. If you didn't get it from fb, you obviously saw it elsewhere. This is the problem when the entire basis of your ideology are based on memes and not facts or evidence. Also when the media reaches out to the people who originally posted the meme, they suddenly shrink and hide from their stupid lies and conspiracy theories, because they know they've been caught, like a kid with a hand in a candy jar.
You've proven throughout this thread that you wouldn't accept ANY source. Your simple mind has been made up for you by a dementia patient in WA and there is no use bothering with your dumbass further.

Good luck.

Ah, but there's one undeniable fact we all know about covid19, and that it's killing ppl, making ppl severely sick and if it isn't, it's actively being spread by those who aren't affected by it. That's to say nothing about all the deadlier and more transmissible mutations that are affecting a lot more children now. Its strange to me why you would even need to ask why someone would want to put a vaccine in themselves.
It is extremely deniable when the CDC even reports that covid cases were over reported by 94%. Dying FROM covid is much different than dying WITH covid.

It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundred or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we approach herd immunity and virus will die out in the US. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.
Wow, sounds like the CDC/Biden recording. On what SCIENCE are you basing your bullshit projections on?
It's not science. It's math.
The only thing you need to know to calculate herd immunity is how many people, on average, are infected by each infected person. This value is called R0 (pronounced “R naught”). Once you have that, you can plug it into a simple formula for calculating the herd immunity threshold: 1 − 1/R0. Unfortunately it takes a lot of data to determine Ro and what you end up with is a range. That range leads to a value between 70% and 80% immunity to reach herd immunity.

Let’s say the R0 for COVID-19 is 2.5, meaning each infected person infects, on average, two and a half other people (a common estimate). In that case, the herd immunity threshold for COVID-19 is 0.6, or 60%. That means the virus will spread at an accelerating rate until, on average across different places, 60% of the population becomes immune.

You morons can't even agree on how many Americans died FROM covid. Everything the CDC or the WHO or Fauci have stated as "fact" during this whole scamdemic has been contradicted at least once. Ever hear of GIGO--pronounced GARBAGE IN--GARBAGE OUT.
Whenever there is an epidemic caused by a new virus, we have to rely on what we know about infections from similar viruses. For example wearing mask, social distancing and quarantining reduces transmission of airborne viruses. Initially we don't know exactly how it works but as data is collected we learn more about this particular virus. Herd immunity in March 2020 was an educated guess based based on SARS, another member of the Coronavirus family. After collecting data for serval months, we found the transmission characteristics and could calculate the percentage of vaccinations needed for herd immunity. Bottom line is recommendations change as we learn more about the virus which is exactly what has happen.

In regard to cause of death, we have good numbers on the number that died with serious cases of Covid-19 but like other diseases such as cancer or heath disease, there are disputes about exact cause of death. Almost everyone dies of heart failure but determining the cause of the heart failure when the person has multiple things going on is not always that easy. However, with Covid-19, the final phases of the disease that leads to death are unmistakable. Autopsies have shown that the attending physician's call is right in over 95% of deaths.
Not according to the CDC--Only 6% of all reported covid fatalities were due to covid. The remaining 94% were from underlying conditions with covid. Don't you find it amusing that seasonal flu, hearth failure and cancer have been virtually non-existant over the past year. Yeah, scamdemic--follow the science.

The viral claim that only 6% of COVID-19 deaths were caused by the virus is flat-out wrong. This claim stems from an Aug. 26 update the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) posted on its website, which provides a detailed breakdown of the accompanying health conditions (known as comorbidities) and contributing causes of death reported in people who have died of the new coronavirus in the United States. The CDC noted that "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned." Typical the in the end stages of Covid-19, underlying conditions will contribute to the death plus most patients will develop pneumonia, repertory failure, heart problems, and or septicemia. Seldom does a patient die with just Covid-19. This is true of many terminal diseases. Only 30% of terminal cancer patients actually die of the cancer.​

Viral claim that only 6% of COVID-19 deaths were caused by the virus is flat-out wrong

Fair enough--You believe what you want to believe and I will believe my actual first hand observations and experiences with covid. Seasonal flu, heart disease and cancer fatalities were at all time lows during the past year and I believe this is nothing more than massive globalist government over reach and WILL NOT be convinced otherwise. You can follow any guidance you choose, but I refuse to be deceived.

What first hand knowledge do you have that the CDC does not have access to? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Riddle me this, moron. For about ten years now, ~8K people die per day. 2.9M per year. Last year annual fatalities for ANY cause were 2.88M. If we were in a pandemic that had 500K fatalities, the annual count should increase by 500K. That did not happen. Little things, critical thinking, thinking for yourself instead of blindly following the "science" LMAO.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to follow science, instead let's just use our random, uneducated thoughts and opinions, which are not based on evidence or facts, or anything.
People, i give you exhibit A of what it looks like to be a right winger following conspiracy theories. They get all their "facts" from facebook memes, insanely partisan sites or some random place they'll come across, then they come on here and claim they use "critical thinking." It's the same pattern over and over. Stop getting your "facts" and your "critical thinking" from fake news facebook memes, you idiots!!!

Follow this science moron-- CDC: 2,050 DEAD Following COVID “Vaccines” as 300+ Deaths Added This Week – 16 Deaths from New J&J Shot Producing “COVID Symptoms” - Medical Kidnap

Quoting from religious conspiracy websites like Medicalkidnap isn't how you're going to convince me of your "critical thinking" skills. If anything it's the complete opposite. I proved that you get your information from facebook memes and you got called out. End of story.
You didn't PROVE shit. I haven't been on FB for over five years to begin with. Your feeble attempt to deny actual statistics from the CDC is as telling as anyone needs. Run along now, your mommy is calling.

Im not denying anything, I'm not the one attempting to deflect from the original conversation. That's what you did once i proved your statement was from directly from a fb meme story about yearly death counts, and 2.9 million deaths, yada yada yada. If you didn't get it from fb, you obviously saw it elsewhere. This is the problem when the entire basis of your ideology are based on memes and not facts or evidence. Also when the media reaches out to the people who originally posted the meme, they suddenly shrink and hide from their stupid lies and conspiracy theories, because they know they've been caught, like a kid with a hand in a candy jar.
You've proven throughout this thread that you wouldn't accept ANY source. Your simple mind has been made up for you by a dementia patient in WA and there is no use bothering with your dumbass further.

What I've proven is your base your facts on internet memes and fb livestreams from randos on the internet. I only accept facts from credible sources that can at least be verified. I don't blindly put my faith in a politician like you probably did with Trump.

Good luck.

It is extremely deniable when the CDC even reports that covid cases were over reported by 94%. Dying FROM covid is much different than dying WITH covid.

I see you're watching more facebook live streams for your facts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The CDC notes, however, that 91% of all death certificates mentioning COVID-19 listed it as the underlying cause of death — or the condition that started the chain of events that led to a person’s death.

Been one week now and nothing. Guess I was one of the lucky ones who were able to tolerate it, although, my mother suspects our family may actually be immune to COVID and the fact I had no side affects at all would reinforce that theory.
All of my family has been vaccinate twice by Pfizer. None of us - wife, two sons, daughter-in-law, sister, her adult kids - has an adverse reaction other than the usual soreness in the shoulder muscle. I too lift with less soreness with the Covid shot than the annual flu shot. I got my first shot on 2/23 & the follow up on 3/16 this year.

Let's hope more people get vaccinated, and ignore the QANON folks who are so out of touch with reality.

I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes. Several of my friends have gotten the vaccine now and have only complained about a sore arm, so I'm hoping I'll get off that easy. My sister, who is an RN, got the vaccine back in March and she had a slight fever for a day.
I'm not getting any vaccine for moral reasons (and the simply fact that I don't trust them).
That said, here's my understanding (from my doctor) of the general risk level of the vaccine:
First and second shot- low risk. May cause clots, may cause problems for those particularly susceptible. May have a high risk we simply don't know yet.
Third shot and other boosters- increasingly high risk. Unknown side effects dangerous.
I don't see enough reason to risk it even if it were morally acceptable, but I encourage everybody to do their own research.

I’ve taken one Moderna shot and had zero side effects
Side effects are more common after the second dose. I had no side effects after the first Moderna shot except maybe a sore arm. After the second one, my arm was sore that night. The next day I felt kind of tired and achily. That night I had a chill maybe a very slight temp.. The next mourning, I fell ok, maybe a bit listless. The next day I was back to normal and no other side effects. I had the second dose two months ago. My daughters had the Moderna shots and had nothing but a sore arm. My wife had the same shots on the the same date as I did. She had a sore arm and was bit listless the next day but she never felt sick.

It's nothing to be concerned about, although I wouldn't plan on running a marathon the next day. Since Dec, there have been over 274 million doses administered and there has been a very small percentage of serious side effects. The Phizer and Moderna COVID vaccine has been compared to two other commonly received vaccines, the flu and shingles vaccines. The side effects of the COVID vaccine are more than the typical flu shot, but are fairly comparable to, or possibly a bit less than, side effects from the shingles vaccine. Early studies show that side effects of the J&J vaccine are bit less. All of the above vaccines have a very low occurrence of serious side effects.

“Generally speaking, side effects have an upside,” Dr. Brady noted. “Typically, the more side effects one gets from the vaccine usually means the more antibodies your body is making and the stronger your immune response will be against getting the virus.”

Anecdotal- too small of a sample size.
Most people (the vast majority) will have no issues.
The statistics, however, say that this vaccine has a much, much higher rate of significant side effects (clotting, etc.)(including lethal) than other vaccines.
Pardon me for lacking a source, I got the statement from a doctor who has looked into it.

Side effects are more common after the second dose. I had no side effects after the first Moderna shot except maybe a sore arm. After the second one, my arm was sore that night. The next day I felt kind of tired and achily. That night I had a chill maybe a very slight temp.. The next mourning, I fell ok, maybe a bit listless. The next day I was back to normal and no other side effects. I had the second dose two months ago. My daughters had the Moderna shots and had nothing but a sore arm. My wife had the same shots on the the same date as I did. She had a sore arm and was bit listless the next day but she never felt sick.

It's nothing to be concerned about, although I wouldn't plan on running a marathon the next day. Since Dec, there have been over 274 million doses administered and there has been a very small percentage of serious side effects. The Phizer and Moderna COVID vaccine has been compared to two other commonly received vaccines, the flu and shingles vaccines. The side effects of the COVID vaccine are more than the typical flu shot, but are fairly comparable to, or possibly a bit less than, side effects from the shingles vaccine. Early studies show that side effects of the J&J vaccine are bit less. All of the above vaccines have a very low occurrence of serious side effects.

“Generally speaking, side effects have an upside,” Dr. Brady noted. “Typically, the more side effects one gets from the vaccine usually means the more antibodies your body is making and the stronger your immune response will be against getting the virus.”

According to what I read, Dr. Brady is wrong. I looked it up because except for a sore arm, I didn't have any side effects to either Moderna shot. People with no side effects have as many antibodies as those who did.

According to what I read, Dr. Brady is wrong. I looked it up because except for a sore arm, I didn't have any side effects to either Moderna shot. People with no side effects have as many antibodies as those who did.
I also had a sore arm and nothing else, but a lot of people have had varying experiences.

I also had a sore arm and nothing else, but a lot of people have had varying experiences.
I always had a big reaction to the smallpox vaccine as a kid--in bed with a high fever within hours. Only vaccine that has ever given me noticeable side effects, and I've had plenty.

I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes. Several of my friends have gotten the vaccine now and have only complained about a sore arm, so I'm hoping I'll get off that easy. My sister, who is an RN, got the vaccine back in March and she had a slight fever for a day.

I don't know anyone who's gotten the J&J. My co-worker got either Pfizer or Moderna, and he ran a fever of 102 for a couple of days, and then was fine. My sister, husband, and I all got Pfizer, and had nothing but sore arms.

I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes.

So you're getting an mRNA Covid shot from the people who bring you Rogaine for hair and Neutogena skin cream! Good luck, Taz.
They are also the company that developed surgical sutures, Tylenol, knee replacements, dental implants, contact lens, the Ebola vaccine, the HIV vaccine, and hundreds of major prescription drugs that treat everything from Alzheimer’s Warts.

You're correct. Johnson & Johnson is a HUGE corporation, and the OTC products we see in the drugstore and supermarket are only a small part of what they do.

I always had a big reaction to the smallpox vaccine as a kid--in bed with a high fever within hours. Only vaccine that has ever given me noticeable side effects, and I've had plenty.

My co-worker heard a rumor that the stronger your natural immune system is, the stronger your side effects from the second shot. But I had no side effect beyond a sore arm for about a day, and my body has always sneered at diseases and healed tremendously fast from injuries, so I'm going to say his rumor was wrong.

It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundreds or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we will approach herd immunity and the virus will die out in the US because of a lack of hosts. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.

Even though I am vaccinated, the moment my employer starts trying to require proof of that or anything else in my medical history, they'd best pack a chair and a lunch, because it's going to be a looooong fight. I take patient privacy very seriously, especially when I'm the patient.

It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundreds or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we will approach herd immunity and the virus will die out in the US because of a lack of hosts. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.

Even though I am vaccinated, the moment my employer starts trying to require proof of that or anything else in my medical history, they'd best pack a chair and a lunch, because it's going to be a looooong fight. I take patient privacy very seriously, especially when I'm the patient.
Why would you want to keep a vaccination private?

I don't particularly. My issue is with someone demanding to know, and feeling like they have a right to make that demand. It's MY health information, and MY choice whether or not I want to tell people about it. By law, my employer has no right to know a damned thing about my health information that I do not voluntarily choose to disclose.

Been one week now and nothing. Guess I was one of the lucky ones who were able to tolerate it, although, my mother suspects our family may actually be immune to COVID and the fact I had no side affects at all would reinforce that theory.

I suspect that ppl who have little to no reaction to the vaccine are probably the same ppl who get the virus in the wild and never know it, and become asymptomatic carriers. The ppl who have a very bad reaction are probably the same ppl who end up being hospitalized. It's just a theory, but it makes sense to me.

Glad to hear you weathered the storm well. We had a similar experience in our family. Other half got a bit under the weather, breathing discomfort, but that was the extent of it.

I don't particularly. My issue is with someone demanding to know, and feeling like they have a right to make that demand. It's MY health information, and MY choice whether or not I want to tell people about it. By law, my employer has no right to know a damned thing about my health information that I do not voluntarily choose to disclose.

I guess you've never worked at a place that required drug tests. And you're right, it is your health and your choice. It'll also be your employer's choice to let you go if they decide to make vaccinations a policy and there's no law against that.

Forum List

Back