Getting the J&J Shot This Evening

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundreds or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we will approach herd immunity and the virus will die out in the US because of a lack of hosts. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.

Even though I am vaccinated, the moment my employer starts trying to require proof of that or anything else in my medical history, they'd best pack a chair and a lunch, because it's going to be a looooong fight. I take patient privacy very seriously, especially when I'm the patient.
Why would you want to keep a vaccination private?

I don't particularly. My issue is with someone demanding to know, and feeling like they have a right to make that demand. It's MY health information, and MY choice whether or not I want to tell people about it. By law, my employer has no right to know a damned thing about my health information that I do not voluntarily choose to disclose.

I guess you've never worked at a place that required drug tests. And you're right, it is your health and your choice. It'll also be your employer's choice to let you go if they decide to make vaccinations a policy and there's no law against that.

Yes, I have worked at places that require drug tests. They tell me that before I accept the job, and I have an option to cooperate or to go somewhere else. That's a far cry from already having a job and having my employer come in with a new and heretofore unagreed-to demand to 1) inject something into my body whether I want it or not (not the same as simply giving them some of a secretion my body was getting rid of anyway), and 2) to have access to my health information without my having agreed to allow it prior to the fact.

And no, my employer does NOT legally have the right to choose to fire me because I won't accept arbitrary changes to my job requirements after the fact. We have a legally binding contract of employment between us, and no legal contract can be altered after the fact without the consent of both parties, whatever your simpleminded glance at the situation might tell you.

Seriously, what is this allergy that leftists have to being independent individuals instead of the craven, boot-licking property of anyone who demands it?

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundreds or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we will approach herd immunity and the virus will die out in the US because of a lack of hosts. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.

Even though I am vaccinated, the moment my employer starts trying to require proof of that or anything else in my medical history, they'd best pack a chair and a lunch, because it's going to be a looooong fight. I take patient privacy very seriously, especially when I'm the patient.

I don't particularly. My issue is with someone demanding to know, and feeling like they have a right to make that demand. It's MY health information, and MY choice whether or not I want to tell people about it. By law, my employer has no right to know a damned thing about my health information that I do not voluntarily choose to disclose.

I guess you've never worked at a place that required drug tests. And you're right, it is your health and your choice. It'll also be your employer's choice to let you go if they decide to make vaccinations a policy and there's no law against that.

Yes, I have worked at places that require drug tests. They tell me that before I accept the job, and I have an option to cooperate or to go somewhere else. That's a far cry from already having a job and having my employer come in with a new and heretofore unagreed-to demand to 1) inject something into my body whether I want it or not (not the same as simply giving them some of a secretion my body was getting rid of anyway), and 2) to have access to my health information without my having agreed to allow it prior to the fact.

And no, my employer does NOT legally have the right to choose to fire me because I won't accept arbitrary changes to my job requirements after the fact. We have a legally binding contract of employment between us, and no legal contract can be altered after the fact without the consent of both parties, whatever your simpleminded glance at the situation might tell you.

Seriously, what is this allergy that leftists have to being independent individuals instead of the craven, boot-licking property of anyone who demands it?

Companies or just businesses in general alter employee policies all the time and quite frequently. And yes, I understand you didn't agree to it when you took the job. Unfortunately, as an employee you either have to accept it or simply move on. That is life.

Yup, they most certainly can fire you if you don't accept company policy. Employers can fire you for almost anything. The courts have all upheld this, so that counts as legal. It doesn't matter if you scream it's "illegal" at the top of your lungs.

You know what's funny, aren't right wingers the ones who make a huge fuss over the freedom of business owners to set whatever policies they please? If employees don't it like it they can quit, if customers don't like it they can go somewhere else for their business. What happened to that? Oh right, when it's not convenient for you, you then start complaining about it.

Companies or just businesses in general alter employee policies all the time and quite frequently. And yes, I understand you didn't agree to it when you took the job. Unfortunately, as an employee you either have to accept it or simply move on. That is life.

Yup, they most certainly can fire you if you don't accept company policy. Employers can fire you for almost anything. The courts have all upheld this, so that counts as legal. It doesn't matter if you scream it's "illegal" at the top of your lungs.

You know what's funny, aren't right wingers the ones who make a huge fuss over the freedom of business owners to set whatever policies they please? If employees don't it like it they can quit, if customers don't like it they can go somewhere else for their business. What happened to that? Oh right, when it's not convenient for you, you then start complaining about it.

If you're dumb enough to act like a helpless slavey and let people impose demands on you that you don't like and didn't agree to without pushback, that's on you. It's apparently long past time that you learn that most people don't think they're required to view themselves as voiceless chattel. Learn to stand up for yourself. It is illegal to fire someone for refusing to comply with a change to the employment contract that they didn't agree to. Dumbass.

If you're dumb enough to act like a helpless slavey and let people impose demands on you that you don't like and didn't agree to without pushback, that's on you. It's apparently long past time that you learn that most people don't think they're required to view themselves as voiceless chattel. Learn to stand up for yourself. It is illegal to fire someone for refusing to comply with a change to the employment contract that they didn't agree to. Dumbass.

A federal court just threw out a lawsuit brought forth by 117 hospital workers because they were claiming something similar. Good luck on that "contract" argument :laugh: Standing up for yourself means you walk out with your dignity and quit. You're not standing up for yourself, what you're doing is whining.

A federal court just threw out a lawsuit brought forth by 117 hospital workers because they were claiming something similar. Good luck on that "contract" argument :laugh: Standing up for yourself means you walk out with your dignity and quit. You're not standing up for yourself, what you're doing is whining.
Sheep.

Sheep.
Whiner

Sheep.
Whiner
Not whining at all I don't GAF what you do--you are the one who wants to control everyone on earth--tell you what--keep your fucking nose on your face and out of my business and chances are you won't get it punched.

You do get that healthcare workers are a very different proposition in a number of ways from other types of employees, don't you? No, you probably don't, because it's obvious to me that you have a simpleton's understanding of adult employment and think all jobs are exactly the same. Think really hard - try not to crap your pants while you do it - and see if you can figure out why working in a facility which, by definition, specializes in people who are seriously ill MIGHT be a bit different from working in an office.

But hey, you want to spend the rest of your life screwing yourself over because you think the only "dignified" thing you can do when you have a conflict at work is to quit and start over completely somewhere else, far be it from me to stop you. You go right on with that "I have absolutely no rights in a job, I should just be grateful for being allowed to slave away for them" mindset.

Sheep.
Whiner

Ah, the leftist mindset that knowing your rights and standing up for them, rather than just obediently doing what you're told is "whining".

It is a fact that some people really enjoy being mindless property, and will fight tooth and nail any suggestion that they should be free.

You do get that healthcare workers are a very different proposition in a number of ways from other types of employees, don't you? No, you probably don't, because it's obvious to me that you have a simpleton's understanding of adult employment and think all jobs are exactly the same. Think really hard - try not to crap your pants while you do it - and see if you can figure out why working in a facility which, by definition, specializes in people who are seriously ill MIGHT be a bit different from working in an office.

But hey, you want to spend the rest of your life screwing yourself over because you think the only "dignified" thing you can do when you have a conflict at work is to quit and start over completely somewhere else, far be it from me to stop you. You go right on with that "I have absolutely no rights in a job, I should just be grateful for being allowed to slave away for them" mindset.

So... you think the judge refused to even hear the case and threw it out based on his arbitrary decision that they're hospital workers and they should get it? I'm sorry, that's not how the law works, lol. Here I am thinking that the judge was going off precedent and the previous supreme court decision on vaccines. :laugh:

You have rights as an employee. If your boss cuts your hours, passes on you for a promotion, doesn't give you a raise, or make it mandatory to take a vaccine you have every right to complain to him or her. Heck, you even sue them if you want. Then wait when the judge throws your case out of court. These are all part of your rights as an employee.

Sheep.
Whiner

Ah, the leftist mindset that knowing your rights and standing up for them, rather than just obediently doing what you're told is "whining".

It is a fact that some people really enjoy being mindless property, and will fight tooth and nail any suggestion that they should be free.

Knowing your rights is one thing. Bitching and moaning about everything from wearing facemasks, to restrictions on movement because of a pandemic, to complaining about elections, gun background checks, to having to take a vaccine is just another day for a republican. Yall like little children who will whine all day if need be till you get your way.

So... you think the judge refused to even hear the case and threw it out based on his arbitrary decision that they're hospital workers and they should get it? I'm sorry, that's not how the law works, lol. Here I am thinking that the judge was going off precedent and the previous supreme court decision on vaccines. :laugh:

You have rights as an employee. If your boss cuts your hours, passes on you for a promotion, doesn't give you a raise, or make it mandatory to take a vaccine you have every right to complain to him or her. Heck, you even sue them if you want. Then wait when the judge throws your case out of court. These are all part of your rights as an employee.

Well, gee, if you had bothered to cite the case, rather than just vaguely saying, "There was a case, and it found THIS, just accept my assertion about it!" I might be able to address your questions. Since you didn't cite anything to tell me which case and allow me to look at the details, I have no choice but to assume that your entire premise is lying bullshit and dismiss it.

You can either come back and cite the case so we can discuss it, or you can keep making blank assertions about it, and I can accept it as abject surrender on your part. Up to you.

Sheep.
Whiner

Knowing your rights is one thing. Bitching and moaning about everything from wearing facemasks, to restrictions on movement because of a pandemic, to complaining about elections, gun background checks, to having to take a vaccine is just another day for a republican. Yall like little children who will whine all day if need be till you get your way.

Gosh, it's just so devastating to be accused of "whining" by a proponent of the party of the victimhood heirarchy, "We can't obey laws because ancestors we don't know the name of were kept as slaves two hundred years ago", safe spaces and therapy for college students because they were "traumatized" by a conservative speaker being on campus . . . do I need to continue listing the snowflake checkpoints that are the entire agenda of the policies and people that you're constantly pussy-aching about, or is my utter contempt for your belief that you have any judgements to make clear enough?

Forum List

Back