Getting the J&J Shot This Evening

I got the shot a couple of months ago before they withheld it. No problems.

Hey you cannot beat one shot if it does the same thing as 2 shots.
Uh...yeah... no it doesn't.
It is inferior to both Moderna and Pfizer.
Doesn't last half as long, and has 30% less protection

I got Vaccinated with E&J. It only lasts a very short while, but seeing as how I have family member who works at the winery, overflow is only a phone call away.
Seems like a good option.

I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes. Several of my friends have gotten the vaccine now and have only complained about a sore arm, so I'm hoping I'll get off that easy. My sister, who is an RN, got the vaccine back in March and she had a slight fever for a day.

Wish you luck! keep us posted.

I got Vaccinated with E&J. It only lasts a very short while, but seeing as how I have family member who works at the winery, overflow is only a phone call away.
Do you live in Modesto too? I worked there for 33 years. I guess I am partially responsible for millions and millions of winos, drunks and alcoholics. LOL

Do you live in Modesto too? I worked there for 33 years. I guess I am partially responsible for millions and millions of winos, drunks and alcoholics. LOL

I'm a little North of there, though, half my family is in Modesto and Turlock... yep. I find it's a great place to be FROM. :p
Alcoholics? Drunks? Winos? is that why everyone driving down there cant recognize a bike lane and stay off the sidewalk??? :)

I'm a little North of there, though, half my family is in Modesto and Turlock... yep. I find it's a great place to be FROM. :p
Alcoholics? Drunks? Winos? is that why everyone driving down there cant recognize a bike lane and stay off the sidewalk??? :)
I retired in 14 and moved to the Northwest US--couldn't take CA anymore. Still have many, many friends there. Glad to make your acquaintance.

I retired in 14 and moved to the Northwest US--couldn't take CA anymore. Still have many, many friends there. Glad to make your acquaintance.

SO you actually worked at Gallo? It's a good company I think. Yeah, California is getting worse, been here most of my life and thinking about going somewhere else too eventually. I'll probably end up in one of the desert states. Trail riding can be theraputic and peaceful but I would miss the ocean. Its a tough decision, I dont think I'd like living along the gulf coast.

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundreds or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we will approach herd immunity and the virus will die out in the US because of a lack of hosts. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.

SO you actually worked at Gallo? It's a good company I think. Yeah, California is getting worse, been here most of my life and thinking about going somewhere else too eventually. I'll probably end up in one of the desert states. Trail riding can be theraputic and peaceful but I would miss the ocean. Its a tough decision, I dont think I'd like living along the gulf coast.
Worked in the bottling room. The company has changed a lot over that time. I married a Patterson native.

Because I am an avid traveler and I’m going to have to get it if I want to keep traveling again. Many countries are going to make it a requirement to get in
It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundred or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we approach herd immunity and virus will die out in the US. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.
Wow, sounds like the CDC/Biden recording. On what SCIENCE are you basing your bullshit projections on?

Had the JJ shot last month. So far so good. I feel good. I had the Covid back in January. I feel real well.
I've read that those that had covid and later got a vaccination will have immunity close to 100%. Of course we don't how long this immunity will last. A booster shot is already planned for next year.

I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes. Several of my friends have gotten the vaccine now and have only complained about a sore arm, so I'm hoping I'll get off that easy. My sister, who is an RN, got the vaccine back in March and she had a slight fever for a day.
Good luck.

Had the JJ shot last month. So far so good. I feel good. I had the Covid back in January. I feel real well.
I've read that those that had covid and later got a vaccination will have immunity close to 100%. Of course we don't how long this immunity will last. A booster shot is already planned for next year.
Of course you have a crystal ball. You and all of these other morons don't have a clue. You are pushing unproven theories about a virus that the WHO and CDC admittedly know nothing about.

It's not just global travelers that will need a vaccination. Hundreds of universities and colleges are requiring the vaccine to enter this fall. A broad majority of U.S. employers, 65%, plan to offer employees incentives to get vaccinated and 63% will require proof of vaccination. Although the current trajectory of vaccinations will dramatically reduce infections, the virus will continue to kill hundred or thousands a year in the US. Today over half the population has had at least one dose. We need to get that figure to over 70%. Then we approach herd immunity and virus will die out in the US. The major threat will then be a new more dangerous variant from broad. Thankfully RNA vaccines can easily be adapted for new variants.
Wow, sounds like the CDC/Biden recording. On what SCIENCE are you basing your bullshit projections on?
It's not science. It's math.
The only thing you need to know to calculate herd immunity is how many people, on average, are infected by each infected person. This value is called R0 (pronounced “R naught”). Once you have that, you can plug it into a simple formula for calculating the herd immunity threshold: 1 − 1/R0. Unfortunately it takes a lot of data to determine Ro and what you end up with is a range. That range leads to a value between 70% and 80% immunity to reach herd immunity.

Let’s say the R0 for COVID-19 is 2.5, meaning each infected person infects, on average, two and a half other people (a common estimate). In that case, the herd immunity threshold for COVID-19 is 0.6, or 60%. That means the virus will spread at an accelerating rate until, on average across different places, 60% of the population becomes immune.

I’ve taken one Moderna shot and had zero side effects

It's not science. It's math.
The only thing you need to know to calculate herd immunity is how many people, on average, are infected by each infected person. This value is called R0 (pronounced “R naught”). Once you have that, you can plug it into a simple formula for calculating the herd immunity threshold: 1 − 1/R0. Unfortunately it takes a lot of data to determine Ro and what you end up with is a range. That range leads to a value between 70% and 80% immunity to reach herd immunity.

Let’s say the R0 for COVID-19 is 2.5, meaning each infected person infects, on average, two and a half other people (a common estimate). In that case, the herd immunity threshold for COVID-19 is 0.6, or 60%. That means the virus will spread at an accelerating rate until, on average across different places, 60% of the population becomes immune.

You morons can't even agree on how many Americans died FROM covid. Everything the CDC or the WHO or Fauci have stated as "fact" during this whole scamdemic has been contradicted at least once. Ever hear of GIGO--pronounced GARBAGE IN--GARBAGE OUT.

I’ve taken one Moderna shot and had zero side effects
Side effects are more common after the second dose. I had no side effects after the first Moderna shot except maybe a sore arm. After the second one, my arm was sore that night. The next day I felt kind of tired and achily. That night I had a chill maybe a very slight temp.. The next mourning, I fell ok, maybe a bit listless. The next day I was back to normal and no other side effects. I had the second dose two months ago. My daughters had the Moderna shots and had nothing but a sore arm. My wife had the same shots on the the same date as I did. She had a sore arm and was bit listless the next day but she never felt sick.

It's nothing to be concerned about, although I wouldn't plan on running a marathon the next day. Since Dec, there have been over 274 million doses administered and there has been a very small percentage of serious side effects. The Phizer and Moderna COVID vaccine has been compared to two other commonly received vaccines, the flu and shingles vaccines. The side effects of the COVID vaccine are more than the typical flu shot, but are fairly comparable to, or possibly a bit less than, side effects from the shingles vaccine. Early studies show that side effects of the J&J vaccine are bit less. All of the above vaccines have a very low occurrence of serious side effects.

“Generally speaking, side effects have an upside,” Dr. Brady noted. “Typically, the more side effects one gets from the vaccine usually means the more antibodies your body is making and the stronger your immune response will be against getting the virus.”

Last edited:
I have an appointment at CVS this evening to get the COVID shot and it's the J&J which means I only need one. I'll post how it goes.

So you're getting an mRNA Covid shot from the people who bring you Rogaine for hair and Neutogena skin cream! Good luck, Taz.

J & J is not mRna. It's more of a traditional vaccine.

I got it a couple of months ago I thought they gave me a placebo because they said I only needed one, no sore arm

Forum List

Back