Get Rid of Air Force One

for sale on ebay next month

3027836145c9ed836c77.jpg

Read between the lines people --this is great lolololool

Says it all if you have ever had to deal with people like Obama

Get rid of those two damn busses from Canada. The dude already had a motorcade, that was wasteful spending.

The Air Force flew in 7 tanker trucks--35K gallons of fuel for AF1 (and the back up) each. Gee, I'm sure that was an efficient use of taxpayer money. Bush's mission on this documentary was to visit equatorial Africa and a clinic that we fund over there in Tanzania.

It was a more efficient use of taxpayer money to have obama and the Big mooch take separate planes to Hawaii because Her Excellency wanted to start vacation three days early. Then have the dog flown on his own plane.

People who whine about the presidents use of af1 are ridiculous. He doesn't have the option of flying commercial. He and his family HAVE to take Af1. If you want to discuss better options for travel for the 1st family, let's talk, but don't whine because you don't think they deserve to travel.

I don't have a problem with AF1 or it's decoy ... it's basically a mobile command center, the decoy is used, well, as a decoy in order to protect the president. Yes, it costs bucks to maintain this. And? Shouldn't the president be protected at all costs? There is so much more money going for waste by the government on other things, this is what should be stopped. Eliminating the president's plane or decoy isn't one of them, imo.

Any use of AF or Marine One that isn't government business should be paid for out of pocket by the president. Utilizing these aircraft for personal use on the taxpayer's dime is just flat out wrong.

I whined about AF one the day jerks ass did his fly over in NYC! that was a fucking waste of taxpayers money.

Oh, a liberal wants to get rid of a tool of national security and foreign policy because her messiah misused it for golf, dining, etc trips around the US on the taxpayer dime.

The Air Force is actually going to get new Air Force ones in the future for more fuel efficiency, etc while still doing the mission. The mission of the planes are to ensure the POTUS no matter where in the world can command and control the forces of the US in defense of this country at any moment.

Air Force one is also used as a foreign policy tool because it demonstrates our power when it flies into another country, especially a third world country. Being the most powerful country on the planet, we should display that anytime the POTUS shows up for a meeting overseas.

Oh, fuck me running, does this highly inaccurate middle school thread get copied and pasted everywhere?
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
Christ on a crutch.

I know most of you that posted in this thread have zero comprehension of life outside of your own little bubbles, so here's a lesson for you to learn:

Imagine high-ranking politicians regularly taking commercial flights. They have to book first class of course, and they have to book seats for their secretaries, pages, press officers, and bodyguards, and often family members. The credit card used would have to be very secure, likely a throwaway that could only be used once or twice to avoid theft. The airport has to be shut down, the entire path from the parking lot to the terminal cordoned off, every employee screened, everyone randomly coming out of the washroom having no idea what's going on gets detained for routine questioning.

Imagine high-ranking politicians taking chartered flights. The entire charter service is screened, not just the physical location and each plane, but every employee right down to the janitor and the guy delivering fuel. Again, the whole place is cordoned off and shut down, disrupting flights for hundreds of other passengers that have lives and don't need to be stuck on the ground.

In both cases the charges would be at retail prices. Including sales tax and baggage fees.

It's far cheaper and more efficient to have planes (and other vehicles) specifically for government officials.

Today's lesson was brought to you by the letters D and C, and the number 7.8

Oh, fuck me running, does this highly inaccurate middle school thread get copied and pasted everywhere?
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
Christ on a crutch.

I know most of you that posted in this thread have zero comprehension of life outside of your own little bubbles, so here's a lesson for you to learn:

Imagine high-ranking politicians regularly taking commercial flights. They have to book first class of course, and they have to book seats for their secretaries, pages, press officers, and bodyguards, and often family members. The credit card used would have to be very secure, likely a throwaway that could only be used once or twice to avoid theft. The airport has to be shut down, the entire path from the parking lot to the terminal cordoned off, every employee screened, everyone randomly coming out of the washroom having no idea what's going on gets detained for routine questioning.

Imagine high-ranking politicians taking chartered flights. The entire charter service is screened, not just the physical location and each plane, but every employee right down to the janitor and the guy delivering fuel. Again, the whole place is cordoned off and shut down, disrupting flights for hundreds of other passengers that have lives and don't need to be stuck on the ground.

In both cases the charges would be at retail prices. Including sales tax and baggage fees.

It's far cheaper and more efficient to have planes (and other vehicles) specifically for government officials.

Today's lesson was brought to you by the letters D and C, and the number 7.8

This is excessive by any definition.

I don't have a problem with AF1 or it's decoy ... it's basically a mobile command center, the decoy is used, well, as a decoy in order to protect the president. Yes, it costs bucks to maintain this. And? Shouldn't the president be protected at all costs? There is so much more money going for waste by the government on other things, this is what should be stopped. Eliminating the president's plane or decoy isn't one of them, imo.

Any use of AF or Marine One that isn't government business should be paid for out of pocket by the president. Utilizing these aircraft for personal use on the taxpayer's dime is just flat out wrong.

Its good I can get you guys into defending the presidency if not the President himself. I bring this up while a guy I support is in office to show that I'd be quite happy to see Obama scale back this moronic program and it's protocols. What we have now is cartoonish in terms of being excessive.

Especially in the documentary where Bush was going to Equatorial Africa; I'm guessing we didn't get enough bang for our buck there. Summit meetings. Sure--scale back the idiocy of 3 choppers, back up planes fully equipped down to the gilded presidential plates-- but sure if he (or she in the future) is going to the G8 or some other important meeting of world leaders. Maybe have a smaller tricked out jet for the contiguous 48 states. Flying from DC to Charlotte in a 747 is nutso. And of course remember that AF1 is just the tip of the iceberg.

People who whine about the presidents use of af1 are ridiculous. He doesn't have the option of flying commercial. He and his family HAVE to take Af1. If you want to discuss better options for travel for the 1st family, let's talk, but don't whine because you don't think they deserve to travel.

A lot of what goes into the whole AF1 apparatus is comical. The back-up plane has gilded presidential plates. I mean...really?

If you really want a shock, check this out:

When ANY president flies anywhere, AF One and the other 747 are both in the air. Both aircraft are more than just luxury aircraft but have a sophisticated suite of electronics to keep the president in touch with anyone, anywhere he needs.

Besides AF One, the Air Force provides transport aircraft for the limousines and other vehicles used by the Secret Service as well as the press. An Air Force tanker [or tankers] also go along to ensure the aircraft have fuel. The flight crews and other service personnel also travel with the president.

Then, there is Marine One [actually two different choppers], Navy One, Coast Guard One, and several smaller VIP aircraft, all based at Andrews Air Force Base.

Should we do away with all of this?

Although I think King Barry, Dingy Harry, and Queen Pelosi, along with a lot of other members of Congress often abuse the services by the AF squadron responsible for all of this.

Any guesses how much it REALLY costs to fly the president somewhere? :cool:

And the point is this; if we can't afford Sesame Street, Wait...Wait...Don't Tell me, Frontline, etc... why aren't the presidential candidates talking about scaling back their perks?

When ANY president flies anywhere, AF One and the other 747 are both in the air. Both aircraft are more than just luxury aircraft but have a sophisticated suite of electronics to keep the president in touch with anyone, anywhere he needs.

Besides AF One, the Air Force provides transport aircraft for the limousines and other vehicles used by the Secret Service as well as the press. An Air Force tanker [or tankers] also go along to ensure the aircraft have fuel. The flight crews and other service personnel also travel with the president.

Then, there is Marine One [actually two different choppers], Navy One, Coast Guard One, and several smaller VIP aircraft, all based at Andrews Air Force Base.

Although I think King Barry, Dingy Harry, and Queen Pelosi, along with a lot of other members of Congress often abuse the services by the AF squadron responsible for all of this.

According to the documentary; the back up plane flies when he goes over-seas, not domestically.

Fox says it costs about $180,000 a day or something like that.

Both aircraft are more than just luxury aircraft but have a sophisticated suite of electronics to keep the president in touch with anyone, anywhere he needs.

Would you rather he were unable to communicate if there were a crisis underway?

For an exercise, think of AF1 going back to DC from Dallas back in November of '63, with a brand-new President needing briefed.

I whined about AF one the day jerks ass did his fly over in NYC! that was a fucking waste of taxpayers money.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dd8lmYUdQU]Airforce One scares the crap out of Manhattan - YouTube[/ame]

Jeezus what a bunch of assclowns we have running the country right now.

That was just the beginning of a LONG four years... I hope the reign of terror will be over soon
:eusa_pray:

Last edited by a moderator:

According to the documentary; the back up plane flies when he goes over-seas, not domestically.

But they do use a decoy chopper domestically... I have seen them when the POTUS comes to Houston.
Makes complete sense too... those things are slow.

No he doesn't have the option of flying commercial. So the presidebt should pay for and reimburse the government for his personal use of government property. If the plane takes him to Britian for a meeting with the prime minister, we pick up the tab. If he goes to Hawaii on vacation, he gets a bill. If his wife goes anyplace at all, they get a bill. They don't deserve to travel on the taxpayer dime any more than you deserve to have your vacation picked up by your employer. Not only that, but I'd go for docking obama's presidebtial salary for every minute he plays golf when he should be working.

Both aircraft are more than just luxury aircraft but have a sophisticated suite of electronics to keep the president in touch with anyone, anywhere he needs.

Would you rather he were unable to communicate if there were a crisis underway?

For an exercise, think of AF1 going back to DC from Dallas back in November of '63, with a brand-new President needing briefed.

And what would have changed the course of history if Kennedy and Johnson had stayed in Dallas an extra day? Seems to me you can take a briefing in a conference room at SMU just as easy as you can take it in the cabin of a plane??? :confused:

Again, it's not the idea of AF1, it's the excess. Obama is flying his 747 around the country--reimbursing the taxpayers a % of the cost sure but maybe we could "downgrade" him to a more fuel efficient plane not equipped to carry hundreds of people for his hop from DC to Florida?

But they do use a decoy chopper domestically... I have seen them when the POTUS comes to Houston.
Makes complete sense too... those things are slow.

If you were down there, you probably saw the Space Shuttle do the same "fly by". My friend in Pasedena told me it was at one of the bases over there.

Forum List

Back