Get Ready for Congress to Tell Us ...

Don't like it??

Start your own business and give great big pay raises every year. We'll see how long you stay open.

How does this disprove my point?

My response was to a post that stated that a worker just had to find a new job to get paid better for their increased productivity.

Last edited:
a friend of mine lost his job yesterday,, TWO weeks away from retirement.. these people suck.

:cuckoo:

who is ''these people'' that suck?

YOUR FRIEND'S employer, not congress, not obamaramadrama fired your friend just 2 weeks before retirement...take it up with them.....sheesh

gawd, you are a silly willy and such a crybaby.....

a friend of mine lost his job yesterday,, TWO weeks away from retirement.. these people suck.

:cuckoo:

who is ''these people'' that suck?

YOUR FRIEND'S employer, not congress, not obamaramadrama fired your friend just 2 weeks before retirement...take it up with them.....sheesh

gawd, you are a silly willy and such a crybaby.....

That is messed up though. That company sucks.

... that it's all the corporations' fault that they cannot hire people or even keep those they have employed. Certainly the coming increases in unemployment and corporate flight offshore cannot have anything to do with any legislation or government oppression.

Waxman has summoned the CEOs of corporations who DARED to criticize the bill for costing them too much. The public flogging starts April 21st.

AT&T, Deere CEOs Called by Waxman to Back Up Health-Bill Costs
March 27, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT

By Viola Gienger

March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Representative Henry Waxman called the chief executive officers of AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Caterpillar Inc. and Deere & Co. to provide evidence to support costs the companies plan to book related to the new health-care law.

Waxman of California, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and subcommittee Chairman Bart Stupak of Michigan released letters they wrote to the executives, saying their plans to record expenses against earnings as a result of the law contradict other estimates. The lawmakers requested the executives appear at hearing Stupak plans on April 21.

AT&T, Deere CEOs Called by Waxman to Back Up Health-Bill Costs - BusinessWeek

The intimidation starts.

(Waxman sent the summons Saturday night, too. He be bad, eh?)
When did asking for proof become intimidation?

... that it's all the corporations' fault that they cannot hire people or even keep those they have employed. Certainly the coming increases in unemployment and corporate flight offshore cannot have anything to do with any legislation or government oppression.

Waxman has summoned the CEOs of corporations who DARED to criticize the bill for costing them too much. The public flogging starts April 21st.

By Viola Gienger

March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Representative Henry Waxman called the chief executive officers of AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Caterpillar Inc. and Deere & Co. to provide evidence to support costs the companies plan to book related to the new health-care law.

Waxman of California, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and subcommittee Chairman Bart Stupak of Michigan released letters they wrote to the executives, saying their plans to record expenses against earnings as a result of the law contradict other estimates. The lawmakers requested the executives appear at hearing Stupak plans on April 21.

The intimidation starts.

not to mention the fact, that if what these businesses say, is true....congress needs to know THAT, NOW....so they can try to amend the situation.

The intimidation starts.

not to mention the fact, that if what these businesses say, is true....congress needs to know THAT, NOW....so they can try to amend the situation.

You don't really think Congress cares about the situation, do you?

You may care for all, but they don't. :eusa_whistle:

Immie

CEOs told Obama about this problem before he signed the legislation.

Having McCarthy-esque hearings after the fact when 2,000+ page legislation is passed without being read is the wrong answer. The proper process would be more open deliberation and analysis - perhaps even a requirement that the full text be read in full before both houses before a final vote takes place.

CEOs told Obama about this problem before he signed the legislation.

Having McCarthy-esque hearings after the fact when 2,000+ page legislation is passed without being read is the wrong answer. The proper process would be more open deliberation and analysis - perhaps even a requirement that the full text be read in full before both houses before a final vote takes place.

If they tried to read the entire text in full in both houses the Obama administration would be long gone and forgotten before they had the chance to vote on it.

Immie

If they tried to read the entire text in full in both houses the Obama administration would be long gone and forgotten before they had the chance to vote on it.

Immie

Sounds good to me!

By Viola Gienger

The intimidation starts.

When proof is not what your looking for. When sending a letter asking for the information nicely would have worked just as well. When you already know AT&T is right.

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

I was embarrassed by the way that our elected official treated the executives from Toyota when they were on The Hill. There were times during that horrible display by our representatives that if I were those executives from Toyota, I would have walked out of that little dog and pony show.

I also find it quite embarrassing that our esteemed President has a "pay czar" who can go to companies in our country and tell them what their CEO's can be paid. If that's not government control, I don't know what is.

Rick

The intimidation starts.

When proof is not what your looking for. When sending a letter asking for the information nicely would have worked just as well. When you already know AT&T is right.
The thing is...I don't KNOW if AT&T is right. I do know that they've been double dipping on their tax write offs. IMO, they are pissed off because they won't be able to do such a thing going forward.

If you know that they've been committing accounting and tax fraud, then turn them over to the SEC and IRS and collect the bounty.

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

I was embarrassed by the way that our elected official treated the executives from Toyota when they were on The Hill. There were times during that horrible display by our representatives that if I were those executives from Toyota, I would have walked out of that little dog and pony show.

I also find it quite embarrassing that our esteemed President has a "pay czar" who can go to companies in our country and tell them what their CEO's can be paid. If that's not government control, I don't know what is.

Rick

Either you work for Toyota or you are just a complete idiot? When it was the Federal Government who answered (with our tax dollars) when these banks and insurance companies came crying for cash, why SHOULDN'T they be allowed to answer to us?

Oh yeah. Congress Grilling Toyota was an exercise in honest government.

:eusa_whistle:

I'll believe than when the 1st through 16th auto companies with the most consumer complaints receive equal treatment.

4477294199_2f7f114155_o.jpg

Toyota ranks low on list of automaker complaints - Feb. 10, 2010

Let me guess....they blamed it on Obamacare, right?

Of course not.... it was the Obama recession. Obamacare doesn't start for years... hence the "urgency".

Get with the program asshat.

My, are you one stupid ass. This recession started with the Phil Enron Gramm deregulation of banking rules. And then continued to build with the abysmal incompetance of the Bush administration. You know, the people that stated "the economy is fundementally sound" the Sunday before meltdown Monday.

Oh yeah. Congress Grilling Toyota was an exercise in honest government.

:eusa_whistle:

I'll believe than when the 1st through 16th auto companies with the most consumer complaints receive equal treatment.

4477294199_2f7f114155_o.jpg

Toyota ranks low on list of automaker complaints - Feb. 10, 2010

And of those other 16 companies, how serious were the "complaints"? Actually...WHAT were the complaints? I owned a Chevy Chevette once that couldn't go more than 50 miles per hour down hill with a tail wind and I complained. Would that count to you?

It's rather suspicious the way Toyota was targeted after the Feds took over GM and Chrysler.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back