DO you want to know Who is really Running Congress?

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Here you go. These guys. These guys caused the 2008 meltdown. These guys get what they want, when they want. Working class...you are nothing. Poor people you are nothing. Middle class shopowners and free enterprisers? You are nothing. COuntries and nations? You are nothing. Only the global Fortune 500 really matters.

Wall Street CEOs try to convince senators that new capital rules will hurt Americans as well as banks​

PUBLISHED WED, DEC 6 20232:39 PM ESTUPDATED 50 MIN AGO
thumbnail

Hugh Son@HUGH_SON
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • The CEOs of eight banks sought to raise alarms over a sweeping set of higher standards known as the Basel 3 endgame.
  • “The rule would have predictable and harmful outcomes to the economy, markets, business of all sizes and American households,” JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon told lawmakers.
  • Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, ripped the banks’ lobbying efforts against the proposed rules.
In this article
Follow your favorite stocksCREATE FREE ACCOUNT
WASHINGTON, DC - DECEMBER 06: (L-R) Brian Moynihan, Chairman and CEO of Bank of America; Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase; and Jane Fraser, CEO of Citigroup; testify during a Senate Banking Committee hearing at the Hart Senate Office Building on December 06, 2023 in Washington, DC. The committee heard testimony from the largest financial institutions during an oversight hearing on Wall Street firms. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

(L-R) Brian Moynihan, Chairman and CEO of Bank of America; Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase; and Jane Fraser, CEO of Citigroup; testify during a Senate Banking Committee hearing at the Hart Senate Office Building on December 06, 2023 in Washington, DC.
Win Mcnamee | Getty Images
Wall Street CEOs on Wednesday pushed back against proposed regulations aimed at raising the levels of capital they’ll need to hold against future risks.
In prepared remarks and responses to lawmakers’ questions during an annual Senate oversight hearing, the CEOs of eight banks sought to raise alarms over the impact of the changes. In July, U.S. regulators unveiled a sweeping set of higher standards governing banks known as the Basel 3 endgame.

“The rule would have predictable and harmful outcomes to the economy, markets, business of all sizes and American households,” JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon told lawmakers.
If unchanged, the regulations would raise capital requirements on the largest banks by about 25%, Dimon claimed.
The heads of America’s largest banks, including JPMorgan, Bank of America and Goldman Sachs, are seeking to dull the impact of the new rules, which would affect all U.S. banks with at least $100 billion in assets and take until 2028 to be fully phased in. Raising the cost of capital would likely hurt the industry’s profitability and growth prospects.
It would also likely help nonbank players including Apollo and Blackstone, which have gained market share in areas banks have receded from because of stricter regulations, including loans for mergers, buyouts and highly indebted corporations.
While all the major banks can comply with the rules as currently constructed, it wouldn’t be without losers and winners, the CEOs testified.

Those who could be unintentionally harmed by the regulations include small business owners, mortgage customers, pensions and other investors, as well as rural and low-income customers, according to Dimon and the other executives.

Here you go. These guys. These guys caused the 2008 meltdown. These guys get what they want, when they want. Working class...you are nothing. Poor people you are nothing. Middle class shopowners and free enterprisers? You are nothing. COuntries and nations? You are nothing. Only the global Fortune 500 really matters.

No, but the big companies that bribe Congress do.

General Corporation (Mills, Motors,Electric, and more..), Verizon, AT&T, McDonnell Douglas, Pepsico, Big Pharma..

Nestle, DuPont.

DuPont gets refrigeration laws passed all the time that benefit them and only them.

They make up some new refrigerant that may or may not be as good or safe as the old stuff, then get laws passed

so only their proprietary stuff can be used. I think the latest shit is flammable. Lovely. :wtf:

Last edited:

You know who else runs congress? Every other special interest group, think tanks, Superpacs, Harlan Crow, Koch Brothers,

And don't forget us liberals tried to address this after the Bush Great Recession and you guys demonized Occupy Wallstreet just like you did BLM.

You know who else runs congress? Every other special interest group, think tanks, Superpacs, Harlan Crow, Koch Brothers,

And don't forget us liberals tried to address this after the Bush Great Recession and you guys demonized Occupy Wallstreet just like you did BLM.
Occupy bullshit was just another Soros-funded and organized unorganic civil unrest.

Of which the latest is "Free Palestine". :rolleyes-41:

Occupy bullshit was just another Soros-funded and organized unorganic civil unrest.

Of which the latest is "Free Palestine". :rolleyes-41:

This is why we can never fix the corruption in our government. If we try, you demonize us. And Trump says he'll clean up the corruption and you believe him but he's a con man.

The rich have successfully divided us huh?

The voters know these people are bought and paid for. They still vote for them.
This is just another, in a long line of voter failures, that is a self inflicted wound.
Keep voting for the duopoly. Keep voting for corruption. Keep trying to make it easier for stupid, entitled people to vote.

The voters know these people are bought and paid for. They still vote for them.
This is just another, in a long line of voter failures, that is a self inflicted wound.
Keep voting for the duopoly. Keep voting for corruption. Keep trying to make it easier for stupid, entitled people to vote.
Who isn't bought and paid for? Don't say Trump because you know he can be bought.

Been the case since 1913, fool.

Read my post again. This time more slowly.
Ok I did. Now I'll ask again. Who isn't bought and paid for? Who's the person you are voting for? Let me vet them. I know you don't vet your candidates otherwise you wouldn't have put a George Santos in.

Been the case since 1913, fool.

That's what they should do. Repeal the unconstitutional income tax on labor.

But remember, if they give us a break here they'll raise prices over there.

The other day my insurance went WAY up. Remember a year or two ago MI passed a law. You can lower your rates if you opt out of catastrophic injury settlements. In other words, if you get hurt and can't work anymore, the insurance company only has to pay out a fraction of what you are going to need to live the rest of your life. But Michigan passed the law so everyone could save $100 every 6 months.

I knew it would happen just not this soon. Suddenly my insurance went back up to MORE than what it was before. So now they charge me more and I get less. What a crock of shit. Corporate America and the politicians who serve them really suck. This one's not looking out for We the People. It's looking out for Allstate and Progressive, State Farm, Geico, etc...

Ok I did. Now I'll ask again. Who isn't bought and paid for? Who's the person you are voting for? Let me vet them. I know you don't vet your candidates otherwise you wouldn't have put a George Santos in.
Every
Fucking
Time
We talk, I have to remind you I am not a republican.
Do you do hard drugs? Serious question. You seem almost as burnt out as moonglow.

Every
Fucking
Time
Do you do hard drugs? Serious question. You seem almost as burnt out as moonglow.
I'm waiting to hear who this third party candidate you love is you fucking dope.

Netanyoohoo

Every
Fucking
Time
Oh yea I did switch from just asking you who your candidate is to blaming you for Santos. Oops. LOL

Still waiting to hear who you want us to vote for. Green? Libertarian? You don't think they are corrupt?

Are you being duped by RFK Jr?

Oh yea I did switch from just asking you who your candidate is to blaming you for Santos. Oops. LOL

Still waiting to hear who you want us to vote for. Green? Libertarian? You don't think they are corrupt?

Are you being duped by RFK Jr?
I vote for people, not parties. Thats fucking stupid.

You may be right about the Senate but Trump is running the house.

Forum List

Back