Get Ready for Congress to Tell Us ...

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

They're doing it because they can!
Imagine for a moment a republican administration pulling any of the crap that this current administration and congress has over the past month of so. It would be front page news from coast to coast!

THIS is the bill that should be named the Jobs Bill. It will have more effect on employment than any 'jobs bill' the administration has named.

Unfortunately for the large employers, the accounting rules require them to eliminate those deductions immediately. Thus, even though nothing is supposed to happen as far as any alleged benefit to any citizen until some time, the employers are immediately penalized.

Massive layoffs to come.

Mass exodus of employers offshore.

And then depression set in....I will never understand how you people get yourselves out of bed every day. You afraid of EVERYTHING and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for you. You must be depressed.
:cuckoo:

I know I am fascinating, but try to stick with the actual topic, no matter how disgusting it is.

Thanks.

My bad, I thought your constant fear mongering WAS the topic?

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

I for one, cannot wait to hear CAT explain their $100M first year impact. Hopefully, THIS gets put on C-SPAN!
Then become a major stockholder or an employee, like normal folks who want to know internal business.

So, why is it CAT gave a press release to NON-employees?

And then depression set in....I will never understand how you people get yourselves out of bed every day. You afraid of EVERYTHING and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for you. You must be depressed.
:cuckoo:

I know I am fascinating, but try to stick with the actual topic, no matter how disgusting it is.

Thanks.

My bad, I thought your constant fear mongering WAS the topic?
Sorry, I don't speak Newspeak (damn administration has yet to send me my government sanctioned lexicon).

I speak facts.

Actually I'd say, though outsourcing is a major reason for the high unemployment numbers, the high unemployment numbers are due to two factors that government has no control over:

1. Automation: More and more jobs are losing out to automation. From internet sales to automated machines for all kinds of services. The people that used to sell tickets at my local train station, for example, have been replaced by machines.

2. A Larger Workforce: The steady growth of the number of women in the workforce over the last half century has caused the percentage of people that are willing and ready to work to leap upwards. If this large of a percentage of the population had been in the workforce in, say, 1936, the already high unemployment rates during the depression would have been doubled.

And finally: Employers (like mine) have discovered that during hard economic times, they can squeeze every last ounce of work out of ever shrinking numbers of people.

And finally: Employers (like mine) have discovered that during hard economic times, they can squeeze every last ounce of work out of ever shrinking numbers of people.

And not pay them for the added workload... unless you're an executive, that is. Then you get millions.

Let me guess....they blamed it on Obamacare, right?

Of course not.... it was the Obama recession. Obamacare doesn't start for years... hence the "urgency".

Get with the program asshat.
Unfortunately for the large employers, the accounting rules require them to eliminate those deductions immediately.

Unlike the fucking government that can cook the books years out into the future and spend some money twice all to make their shitty bills seem like they don't stink.

And not pay them for the added workload... unless you're an executive, that is. Then you get millions.

If that is the case where you work, then it seems to me you made a poor choice of who to work for.

Thats what I love about this country. I can quit whenever I want and I can accept an offer with whomever I want.

If that is the case where you work, then it seems to me you made a poor choice of who to work for.

Thats what I love about this country. I can quit whenever I want and I can accept an offer with whomever I want.

Liberty and freedom of choice......

Imagine that.

Liberty and freedom of choice......

Imagine that.

Ah yes. The love of making a choice and the BLAME when it was the wrong one.
Seems to be the new America. :(

I for one, cannot wait to hear CAT explain their $100M first year impact. Hopefully, THIS gets put on C-SPAN!
Then become a major stockholder or an employee, like normal folks who want to know internal business.

So, why is it CAT gave a press release to NON-employees?

There is no end to the depths of stupidity with you, is there? A corporation is entitled to release information to the public. That is called Public Relations - it a good thing for corporations.

The government - in this country, anyway - does not have the right to demand sensitive information from companies. That you think it can is breathtakingly stupid at the least - unless of course, you're a communist and think the state has the right to control everything.

Actually this seems to be the status quo for most employers in the recent past.

Productivity has increased per person across the board, while rates of pay have stayed the same or decreased.

Productivity has increased per person across the board, while rates of pay have stayed the same or decreased.

Only for people who do not continue to develop skills and knowledge.

Don't like it??

Start your own business and give great big pay raises every year. We'll see how long you stay open.

Let me guess....they blamed it on Obamacare, right?

Of course not.... it was the Obama recession. Obamacare doesn't start for years... hence the "urgency".

Get with the program asshat.
Unfortunately for the large employers, the accounting rules require them to eliminate those deductions immediately. Thus, even though nothing is supposed to happen as far as any alleged benefit to any citizen until some time, the employers are immediately penalized.

Massive layoffs to come.

Mass exodus of employers offshore.

Well Mr. Waxman, we were following the rules of accounting passed by Congress concerning the impact of health care reform passed by Congress and are here under request from Congress to explain to Congress the impact of Congress on our business. If you take the Congress part out, we're doing fine.

Forum List

Back