Get Ready for Congress to Tell Us ...

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
... that it's all the corporations' fault that they cannot hire people or even keep those they have employed. Certainly the coming increases in unemployment and corporate flight offshore cannot have anything to do with any legislation or government oppression.

Waxman has summoned the CEOs of corporations who DARED to criticize the bill for costing them too much. The public flogging starts April 21st.

AT&T, Deere CEOs Called by Waxman to Back Up Health-Bill Costs
March 27, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT

By Viola Gienger

March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Representative Henry Waxman called the chief executive officers of AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Caterpillar Inc. and Deere & Co. to provide evidence to support costs the companies plan to book related to the new health-care law.

Waxman of California, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and subcommittee Chairman Bart Stupak of Michigan released letters they wrote to the executives, saying their plans to record expenses against earnings as a result of the law contradict other estimates. The lawmakers requested the executives appear at hearing Stupak plans on April 21.

AT&T, Deere CEOs Called by Waxman to Back Up Health-Bill Costs - BusinessWeek

The intimidation starts.

(Waxman sent the summons Saturday night, too. He be bad, eh?)

Last edited:
a friend of mine lost his job yesterday,, TWO weeks away from retirement.. these people suck.

As I keep reminding people:

The Nanny State is morphing into The Bully State.

a friend of mine lost his job yesterday,, TWO weeks away from retirement.. these people suck.

Let me guess....they blamed it on Obamacare, right?

Of course not.... it was the Obama recession. Obamacare doesn't start for years... hence the "urgency".

Get with the program asshat.
Unfortunately for the large employers, the accounting rules require them to eliminate those deductions immediately. Thus, even though nothing is supposed to happen as far as any alleged benefit to any citizen until some time, the employers are immediately penalized.

Massive layoffs to come.

Mass exodus of employers offshore.

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

Let me guess....they blamed it on Obamacare, right?

Of course not.... it was the Obama recession. Obamacare doesn't start for years... hence the "urgency".

Unfortunately for the large employers, the accounting rules require them to eliminate those deductions immediately. Thus, even though nothing is supposed to happen as far as any alleged benefit to any citizen until some time, the employers are immediately penalized.

Massive layoffs to come.

And then depression set in....I will never understand how you people get yourselves out of bed every day. You afraid of EVERYTHING and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for you. You must be depressed.

I can't believe that people can look at what this Congress is doing and not be horrified. What right in the United States of America does Congress have to demand that CEO'S of PRIVATE companies stand before them and explain themselves. IRS audit maybe.. but CONGRESS? People better open their eyes.

March 28, 2010
Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has summoned some of the nation's top executives to Capitol Hill to defend their assessment that the new national health care reform law will cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in health insurance expenses. Waxman is also demanding that the executives give lawmakers internal company documents related to health care finances -- a move one committee Republican describes as "an attempt to intimidate and silence opponents of the Democrats' flawed health care reform legislation."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Democrats threaten companies hit hard by health care bill | Washington Examiner

I for one, cannot wait to hear CAT explain their $100M first year impact. Hopefully, THIS gets put on C-SPAN!

March 28, 2010

kind of T H U G G I S H behavior innit?

And that is the horrifying aspect of all this in a nutshell.

March 28, 2010

Massive layoffs to come.

And then depression set in....I will never understand how you people get yourselves out of bed every day. You afraid of EVERYTHING and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for you. You must be depressed.
:cuckoo:

I know I am fascinating, but try to stick with the actual topic, no matter how disgusting it is.

Thanks.

I don't understand the Conservative position on this. I really don't. They're taking away a "handout," you should be jumping up and down for hoorays.

March 28, 2010

I for one, cannot wait to hear CAT explain their $100M first year impact. Hopefully, THIS gets put on C-SPAN!

What fucking business is it of Waxman's? Good God you are such a good little communist.

March 28, 2010

Then become a major stockholder or an employee, like normal folks who want to know internal business.

Forum List

Back