Gas prices are now below $4 per gallon. Biden policy is at least one of the reasons why

Chew on this 000.
His dip into the national reserve is credited as being ONE of the reasons prices have gone down is what you said. Or think, or wish.
If that statement is even a little bit valid I propose that if Biden didn't shut down our own energy sector, all that oil produced would really, really lower the price of gas. He wouldn't be on bended knee's in front of Russia or the UAE.
Biden is a fool and has done nothing to reduce the price of gas, just riding on the coattails of the world wide reduction.
In addition, had Biden not screwed up Afghanistan so badly, it is unlikely that Russia would have invaded Ukraine causing oil prices to rise worldwide.

Yet another thread proving that conservatives are dishonest, lying scum – desperately attempting to push the lie that President Biden is somehow ‘responsible’ for high gas prices.
Not the point....the thread starts giving credit to Poopeypants for supposedly lowering gas prices. If he isn't responsible for raising them, as you say, then he cant be credited for lowering them. Are are you yourself the dishonest lying scum? Are you stupid or something Forrest??

Post 9 has an actual link to what gas prices were when Biden took office, and it was at 2.39, not under 2.00 as you claim.
Post 9 has an actual link to what gas prices were when Biden took office, and it was at 2.39, not under 2.00 as you claim.
/---/ Nice try Libtard, but you need to go back to when Trump lost the election in November 2020. Banana Republic Joe threatened the oil industry, and that is when prices started to spike. You can't go by when Banana Republic Joe took office. The market was already reflecting the changing marketplace.

When Biden stopped Keystone, it was only 8 percent complete. Even if he hadn't stopped it, it would still be several years FROM NOW before it became operational. Yep, screaming about Keystone being cancelled is one of the dumber things I hear conservatives say when bitching about current gas prices.

I know! Just because he cost the pipeline builders hundreds of millions of dollars and
said oil executives should be jailed and said he's going to end fossil fuels is no reason
for oil complanies to cut current and future investment plans.

After all, we can't drill our way to lower prices.

Dooofus, don't like the message, don't shoot the messenger.

Today there is a profit and tomorrow there isn't one. You have to take the year over year with this industry because
it's so volitile. Bone up dude, I just gave you a quick education with the oil industry....and didn't charge you.

They think a billion dollars profit is a lot of money.

It would be if you were selling hot dogs out of a truck. But when it costs upwards of one billion dollars to drill ONE well in the Gulf of Mexico then that 8 billion profit doesn't look so big. Also, BP had ONE well explode, Deepwater Horizon, and was issued a punitive penalty of 4.5 BILLION DOLLARS. Messing around with explosive gasses in the middle of the ocean at thousands of pounds per square inch is fraught with risks. They can be reduced, not eliminated. But punish a company like this and they'll just go out of business. Now, you need oil and BP is laughing their asses off. Ok, go get it yourself.

So much for all that profit.

I know! Just because he cost the pipeline builders hundreds of millions of dollars and
said oil executives should be jailed and said he's going to end fossil fuels is no reason
for oil complanies to cut current and future investment plans.

After all, we can't drill our way to lower prices.
If drilling for more oil in America will not reduce prices, why would the price be reduced if Biden was successful in getting the UAE to drill for more oil? If the first statement is true then the answer is, more UAE drilling would be another Biden failure.

Wal Mart wasn't being discussed, gas prices were. And no, never said gas was being given away, nor did I say that oil companies weren't allowed to make a profit. I simply showed you that oil companies are making record profits right now while gas prices were on the rise. A lot of the reason gas prices are high is because of the greed of the oil companies. As gas prices have gone up, so have the profits of the oil companies to the point where we have record high prices, and oil companies are making record profits. I don't blame Biden for gas prices, I blame the oil companies.

A lot of the reason gas prices are high is because of the greed of the oil companies.

They weren't greedy under Trump?

I don't blame Biden for gas prices, I blame the oil companies.

Why didn't they raise prices this high under previous presidents?

Now I won’t pretend this is some impressive achievement. Obviously prices were high to begin with. And when I say that Biden is partially the reason, it’s not because I am giving him a pat on the back. However it at least disproves the narrative that he isn’t doing anything about the problem. His dip into the national reserve is credited as being ONE of the reasons prices have gone down.

My main point is about how this may affect the midterms. There is more of an ease on Americans’ wallets even if it isn’t yet enough. It should at least give some hope for democrats in the midterm when before it seemed rather bleak. Couple this with democrats other recent achievements and Trump’s consistent legal troubles, it may be something for democrats to get excited about. Too soon to be sure, but it is something.

yes xiden policies have pushed us into a recession and demand is slowed

Now I won’t pretend this is some impressive achievement. Obviously prices were high to begin with. And when I say that Biden is partially the reason, it’s not because I am giving him a pat on the back. However it at least disproves the narrative that he isn’t doing anything about the problem. His dip into the national reserve is credited as being ONE of the reasons prices have gone down.

My main point is about how this may affect the midterms. There is more of an ease on Americans’ wallets even if it isn’t yet enough. It should at least give some hope for democrats in the midterm when before it seemed rather bleak. Couple this with democrats other recent achievements and Trump’s consistent legal troubles, it may be something for democrats to get excited about. Too soon to be sure, but it is something.

His dip into the national oil reserves that he sold to China brought down the price of gas? ARE YOU REALLY THAT FUCKING STUPID???

People are driving about 10% less, lower demand = lower prices. xiden didn't do a damn thing.

Forum List

Back