Gaetz reups vow to nominate Trump for House Speaker

Did they forget it takes a majority vote to elect the speaker?

And Trump has to be a member of the House which he is not.
wrong

The Constitution does not require the speaker to be an incumbent member of the House of Representatives, although every speaker thus far has been.

Having posted that, I do not want Trump as president, he would be too much of a distraction for the best interests of America.
He is much more effective playing havoc in the minds of the liberals. Just look how he makes them go ballistic.
It's quite the sight. :laughing0301:

There's a first time for everything. We never had a president like Trump before.
Yes, we have, there are no shortages of rich bitches who think they can pervert the law to keep themselves in power and supplicant submissives like you to propel them.

wrong

The Constitution does not require the speaker to be an incumbent member of the House of Representatives, although every speaker thus far has been.

While I am 100% certain that the framers' intention was clearly that the Speaker would be chosen from among the current members of the House, and that the constitution therefore does indeed demand it, there is also no means to enforce it. Because the constitution also states that each house is to be the sole judge of its members qualifications. Thus, only the House of Representatives itself could actually decide the question.

While I am 100% certain that the framers' intention was clearly that the Speaker would be chosen from among the current members of the House, and that the constitution therefore does indeed demand it, there is also no means to enforce it. Because the constitution also states that each house is to be the sole judge of its members qualifications. Thus, only the House of Representatives itself could actually decide the question.
What are we arguing? I'm not saying that I think he will be or that he should be.
I'm just saying that by law, he could be.
sheesh

But, I'm right, Trump plays havoc in the minds of the liberal, proof positive. :auiqs.jpg:

Trump is unsuited both intellectually and emotionally to be Speaker of the House

You need a strong understanding of House rules, laws and precedences
You also need to get along with others to form consensus

Trump has neither skill

Forum List

Back