Fracking natural gas is worse than coal for global warming

Liberals are only having a war on coal until coal is completely eliminated as a source of energy. Then they will start on natural gas. The goal is no energy use at all. That was obama's point in Africa when he told the Africans they shouldn't have modern sources of power.

Must be why the temperatures have been cooling the last 15 years.

The bottom line is the Global Warming Cabal won't accept anything that isn't a windmill and won't be happy until we're pulling buggies with horses again. They are a cult and a farce and not to be taken seriously.

It is because of the increased use of natural gas, inexpensive and plentiful thanks to hydraulic fracturing, that emissions in the U.S. are at a 20 year low.

It's also the reason unemployment is around 3% in many regions of this country.

Methane emissions from such operations are nominal. If you're so concerned then go chase after the cattle industry.

Fracking Would Emit Large Quantities of Greenhouse Gases: Scientific American

It releases large amounts of methane which is 25 times more effective at trapping heat than carbon dioxide.

The notion, Ingraffea said, that shale gas is a desirable "bridge fuel" from oil to widespread renewable energy supplies several decades from now "makes no sense" in terms of climate change.

But it makes sense in terms of, "I don't want to live in the dark, you ninny".

How much emissions did Solyndra save?

It releases large amounts of methane which is 25 times more effective at trapping heat than carbon dioxide.

I can live with it.

Every widespread energy source is bad somehow.

And as much as I'd like to dream of a world where solar and wind energy dominate, along with unicorns and Santa Claus, until we get to that, it's better that we pull it out of the ground here than buy it from people who want to kill us over there.

This kinda stuff cracks me up everytime.

I'm surrounded by coal mines and fracking and I have kids, so I was concerned about all the stories I heard, and did tons of research.

It's all fucking bullshit, and it's perfectly safe. well as safe as any industrial sites can be.

I'm surrounded by coal mines and fracking and I have kids, so I was concerned about all the stories I heard, and did tons of research.

It's all fucking bullshit, and it's perfectly safe. well as safe as any industrial sites can be.

Real convincing argument.

An anonymous guy calling himself Two Thumbs claims he's done a lot of research and it's all bullshit.

Yeah, I believe you mr. anonymous. You sound like a real expert.

It is because of the increased use of natural gas, inexpensive and plentiful thanks to hydraulic fracturing, that emissions in the U.S. are at a 20 year low.

It's also the reason unemployment is around 3% in many regions of this country.

Methane emissions from such operations are nominal. If you're so concerned then go chase after the cattle industry.

If you bothered to read the link, you would understand why your last point is totally moot.

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating.
After a little research and punching numbers on my iPhone calculator, I determined that...

36 million acres are devoted to ethanol corn production.

Those 36 million acres could be planted in trees that would ultimately remove 1 trillion pounds of C02 from the atmosphere each year while releasing 300 trillion pounds of oxygen.

So which is the greater benefit?

Doesn't matter. What matters are farm votes, not common sense.

So says the people who must say that to continue receiving Federal grant money. Maybe one day liberals will finally admit that they are really against all forms of energy and that they really want to just live in huts, smoke weed, and make neat crafty stuff. Sorry, but some of us are happy with our gas stoves, V8 motors, and we sort of enjoy the benefits of electricity as well. Sorry, I'm not buying into the global warming hoax. The only thing green about green technology is the money certain elitist people are raking in by perpetuating the ridiculous climate change hoax, and I have a bunch of bridges to sell the idiots who have obviously bought into their BS.

From the OP....

This giant belch of "fugitive methane" can be seen in infrared videos taken at well sites.

This sole bit of "evidence" is missing at it's link.. And I won't be looking for it because I'm not believing that "escaping methane" has a huge infrared signature unless it's on freakin' fire..

"Some methane escapes back up the well"... THat's the POINT of drilling for it dummies. It's escaping RIGHT NOW over nat gas fields that we're NOT tapping into..

I'd like to see measurements, NUMBERS, comparisons with non-fracked nat gas extraction..

All I know for sure is that switching to nat gas from coal has lowered our GHGas emissions all the way back to 1996. If we're not accounting for that properly ---- Speak up.. Present the REAL evidence and stop mumbling...

Real convincing argument.

An anonymous guy calling himself Two Thumbs claims he's done a lot of research and it's all bullshit.

Yeah, I believe you mr. anonymous. You sound like a real expert.

Go fuck yourself nutbaronymous.

:lol:

I did a thread on it, with tons of links, challenged anyone to show me it was bad.

DAYS and WEEKS later, nothing but here say.

and that's what you posted, here say.

Forum List

Back