EVs being nearly 50% heavier will cause tires to Gaining traction, losing tread Pollution from tire wear now 1,850 times worse than exhaust emissions

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

So here we have a study showing losing tire tread pollution from tire wear is now 1,850 times worse than exhaust emissions.
The research Emissions Analytics published in early 2020 claiming that tire particulate wear emissions were 1,000 times worse than exhaust emissions generated the most feedback of any subject we have tackled so far – feedback that was a mixture of surprise and scepticism.
Now we have concerns that tires losing tread are 1,850 times worse in adding to the atmosphere than gas exhaust emissions.
BUT where is the answer to this question?
With Biden guaranteeing to "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

where will of the 4,230,000,000,000 kWh of electricity generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States that about 60% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.
AGAIN 60% coming from destroyed fossil fuels power plants means 2,538,000,000,000 kWh GONE!
Would someone please tell me I'm wrong that Biden wants to destroy 60% of our electricity and some of you are going to vote again for this destroyer of America?

Oh geeze just spend 60-80 grand on the crate and save the planet
Simple minds. It costs about $7 billion to build a nuclear power plant.

There are 3,400 fossil fuel-fired power plants in the United States that Biden wants to get rid of....

To replace the 3,400 fossil fuel plants at cost of $ 7 billion/nuclear plant is $23,800,000,000,000.
Where will that $23.8 Trillion come from?
YOU and the 128.45 million households DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY! $185,286 per household!
All because a dumb ass guarantee by Biden...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019,

Simple minds. It costs about $7 billion to build a nuclear power plant.

There are 3,400 fossil fuel-fired power plants in the United States that Biden wants to get rid of....

To replace the 3,400 fossil fuel plants at cost of $ 7 billion/nuclear plant is $23,800,000,000,000.
Where will that $23.8 Trillion come from?
YOU and the 128.45 million households DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY! $185,286 per household!
All because a dumb ass guarantee by Biden...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019,

Why do you feel it is a 1-1 ratio?

A nuke spits out 8 gig ... total of 27 terawatts ... to replace 4 tera ... yes ... for seven times the electrical production ... ambitious ... no doubt ... today an 8 gig nuke will cost $20 billion ... so $10 trillion for replacement ... we have 50 years to start saving up ... and then another 50 years for bond maturity ... any finance people who can give us the interest charges on those bonds? ... $10 billion per year is tiny ... we spend $1 trillion per year just on military ...

Maybe this math is taught at the END of Middle School ... Bubba ... which is why you've missed out ...

A nuke spits out 8 gig ... total of 27 terawatts ... to replace 4 tera ... yes ... for seven times the electrical production ... ambitious ... no doubt ... today an 8 gig nuke will cost $20 billion ... so $10 trillion for replacement ... we have 50 years to start saving up ... and then another 50 years for bond maturity ... any finance people who can give us the interest charges on those bonds? ... $10 billion per year is tiny ... we spend $1 trillion per year just on military ...

Maybe this math is taught at the END of Middle School ... Bubba ... which is why you've missed out ...
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?? NO links...just guesses why can't you prove your statements with links...substantiation? That's what intelligent, scholarly and HONEST people do!
proveit.png

One of the big cost to building a nuclear power plant is the cost of permitting. Back a few years ago when I was involved it cost over a billion dollars. I bet it is well over two billion dollars now.

As a Environmental Consultant I once made $30K for doing three weeks work writing one small unimportant section of a NRC permit for a minor expansion of a nuclear power plant in Texas. I was never told the cost of the entire project but the team to write the Environmental permit consisted of over a hundred highly paid Engineers and Scientists and probably cost well over a hundred million dollars. This was just the Environmental permit, not the technical design. Then the project was never done because that shithead Obama became President and stopped the project.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?? NO links...just guesses why can't you prove your statements with links...substantiation? That's what intelligent, scholarly and HONEST people do!
View attachment 913538

Where is your proof?
All you ever post is bad math. Really, really, horribly bad math.
You should stop.
When you get the urge to post math, think about all the times I corrected you, and don't.

One of the big cost to building a nuclear power plant is the cost of permitting. Back a few years ago when I was involved it cost over a billion dollars. I bet it is well over two billion dollars now.

As a Environmental Consultant I once made $30K for doing three weeks work writing one small unimportant section of a NRC permit for a minor expansion of a nuclear power plant in Texas. I was never told the cost of the entire project but the team to write the Environmental permit consisted of over a hundred highly paid Engineers and Scientists and probably cost well over a hundred million dollars. This was just the Environmental permit, not the technical design. Then the project was never done because that shithead Obama became President and stopped the project.
AGAIN... trying to prove YOUR credentials with your "experience" IS NOT PROOF!
Here is Proof!
costrpleacefossilfuelelectrictity.png

93 reactors.

Where will that $23.8 Trillion come from? <March 5th

$1.6 trillion < March 7th.

Only 2 days and you've come down about 93%.

See what I mean about your bad math?
Here you have the proof... is that enough for you because this is where the facts come from!

costrpleacefossilfuelelectrictity.png

AGAIN... trying to prove YOUR credentials with your "experience" IS NOT PROOF!
Here is Proof!
View attachment 913551
Being an Environmental Engineer with over 30 years experience in permitting I challenge you to go out and permit a new nuclear power plant or expand one nowadays. You will be fucked. You will spend billions getting the permit and it will take years, if it is ever approved. Several companies have started the permitting process but quit because they were not going to be able to start construction in a reasonable time to get a return on the investment.

If you have never been in the business you have no idea of the bureaucratic costly nightmare that is tied up in permitting projects like this. Permitting nuclear power plants is the worst. And that is when there is a Republican administration. When there is a filthy Democrat administration then forget it. Switching from the Bush Administration to the Gay Barry Administration is what caused the Texas expansion project I worked on to close up shop. They knew the EPA and NRC would throw up every obstacle they could to prevent construction and run up the cost to be uneconomical. That was even in a friendly Red State. Had it been in a Blue State there would have been another massive layer of bureaucracy push back. Like when they shut down the FFTF test bed in Washington State. One of the dumbest things ever done.

Being an Environmental Engineer with over 30 years experience in permitting I challenge you to go out and permit a new nuclear power plant or expand one nowadays. You will be fucked. You will spend billions getting the permit and it will take years, if it is ever approved. Several companies have started the permitting process but quit because they were not going to be able to start construction in a reasonable time to get a return on the investment.

If you have never been in the business you have no idea of the bureaucratic costly nightmare that is tied up in permitting projects like this. Permitting nuclear power plants is the worst. And that is when there is a Republican administration. When there is a filthy Democrat administration then forget it. Switching from the Bush Administration to the Gay Barry Administration is what caused the Texas expansion project I worked on to close up shop. They knew the EPA and NRC would throw up every obstacle they could to prevent construction and run up the cost to be uneconomical. That was even in a friendly Red State. Had it been in a Blue State there would have been another massive layer of bureaucracy push back. Like when they shut down the FFTF test bed in Washington State. One of the dumbest things ever done.

Nuclear is the most expensive option ... and creates massive carbon pollution during construction ... especially cement ...

Forum List

Back