Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"

Do you think former president Donald Trump is a sociopath or a psychopath?

• Total voters
Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 501527

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

The link below includes more than what is posted above.

Seriously this moron thinks that people who rise in power normally aren't crazy? What a load of BS.....................Quackery at its finest and you posted it.
Crazy is not a clinical term, although I have to admit to using the term myself quite freely in the past as a catch all phrase.

But let's talk about crazy for a moment. Was Saddam Hussein "crazy"? Many people would argue that he was based on the uncounted tens of thousands of people he killed without so much as a second thought. However, many people could argue that, based on his country's ethnic, religious, and tribal rivalries which included people being placed together in one country with artificial borders which colonial powers created just like they had done in Africa, it required a man to rule with an iron fist if he wanted to stay in power. But there's no doubt that he also waged war on his neighbors like Iran and Kuwait as well as his own people which unnecessarily led to the deaths of millions of people. People can argue all they want about whether or not that's sane behavior, but is it behavior that most people would consider normal behavior?

Now let me jump forward and talk about something that Trump did during his entire time as president. He undermined NATO at almost every opportunity and even threatened to withdraw from the alliance. He continuously charged that the NATO countries were playing us for suckers and that they were taking advantage of us.

Really? NATO is an alliance the the US built, and the US just so happens to be the unquestioned leader of the alliance. It's helped to keep the peace in Europe for over 70 years, and everyone knows that peace is far less expensive than war. Additionally, this peace led to a lot of trade between Europe and the US which greatly benefitted the USA.

So, is it normal for a US leader to undermine the very alliance that 12 previous presidents built and strengthened and has served us so well? I don't think it's normal based on what's in our best national interest. I also don't think it's rational. However, it can be understood coming form a man who doesn't like to share power and who wants complete control which he could not have with an alliance where every country has a say in how the alliance would work. This is very much the same way Trump reacted toward Congress when they wanted to have oversight of the Executive Branch and Trump balked and instructed everyone in his administration to refuse to testify in front of Congressional Committees or comply with their subpoenas for documents.

In other words, Trump's view of NATO was based on his need or desire to have full control which is exactly the way he had approached his businesses for decades when he didn't want to share power or credit with anyone, including his first wife, Ivana. That means that Trump wasn't basing his decision on what was in America's best interests; he was basing it on his own personal needs and desires instead. That's not my idea of a rational leader.
Trump has no history or very little if any of people dying around him or close to him. There are Prog politicians who have had that. Making them questionable or suspicious in it.
Perhaps you should ask that question of the hundreds of thousands of American families who have buried loved ones who died from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related complications even as Trump was downplaying the virus while claiming that the virus was just going to disappear.

"Or Covid related complications" like being in a car wreck....

CDC says 93% of Covid deaths are from something else....

And for those who did die of Covid, they can thank the man most responsible for engineering it, fauXI, and the traitor who funded it with us tax dollars, homO.
See what I mean with nutty people? Take Dr. EMH's medical advice only if you want to maximize the chances of getting sick and finding yourself in a hospital which is, after all, kind of what's currently happening in a lot of red states where the vaccination rates are far lower than they are in the blue states.
You are just bias, you prefer lying people.
Not at all. If I find that a person is lying to me or is generally disingenuous in any material way that affects my life, they'll find that they won't be in my life any longer.
Then the media should be on your list.
I don't blindly trust the media, and there have been plenty of times when I was suspicious of some stories which seemed to be a little too slanted if for no other reasons than the stories appeared to 'editorialize' the reporting a little too much.

Having said that, I admire the media for digging for the truth when the powers that be simply want to conceal the facts and the truth for reasons that are all too often extremely self-serving. I also admire the MSM for doing all they can to verify stories with more than one source and holding back on a story until they can confirm the facts of a story, despite the modern day pressure of running with a story too soon because of the competition of a 24 hour news cycle.

That's far more than what can be said of conservative blogs and websites which seem all too willing to print anything without any regard to what is and isn't true.
Greenwald exposed the media. They repeat what they are told. And they do not check it, just report as fact. It is a narrative and it is not fact based. Period.

Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

View attachment 501527

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

I knew a long time ago that Trump is a psychopath. Anyone paying attention to that slimeball should realize that. He's the worst possible human being who should have been elected POTUS. The cult picked a real winner in 2016.

View attachment 501527

Do you know how unethical it is to provide a diagnosis of a public figure without actually seeing them as a patient?
You don't need a shrink to diagnose Trump as a psychopath. All you have to do is attend one of his rallies & listen to him rant & rave for an hour. If you met Trump in a bar & listened to him run his mouth for 10 minutes you'd find a reason to get the hell away from him.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Anyone who make such overly confident claims of someone's mental health situation from a distance is full of shit. It is never that simple and such thinking can create serious problems down the road.

My father was a Professor in Psychology who ran a mental health business, would tell people you need to make a specific analysis of people suspected of mental health issues, often done through person to person sessions where chosen questions draws out the behavior for analysis and even some medical testing of the patients blood for additional information if it deemed necessary.

Sidewalk phycologists are a common problem and definitely useless, behavioral analysis isn't an easy field for most people to understand and that can backfire badly when they are wrong, which is common.

Trump has Type A personality....

View attachment 501527

Seriously this moron thinks that people who rise in power normally aren't crazy? What a load of BS.....................Quackery at its finest and you posted it.
Crazy is not a clinical term, although I have to admit to using the term myself quite freely in the past as a catch all phrase.

But let's talk about crazy for a moment. Was Saddam Hussein "crazy"? Many people would argue that he was based on the uncounted tens of thousands of people he killed without so much as a second thought. However, many people could argue that, based on his country's ethnic, religious, and tribal rivalries which included people being placed together in one country with artificial borders which colonial powers created just like they had done in Africa, it required a man to rule with an iron fist if he wanted to stay in power. But there's no doubt that he also waged war on his neighbors like Iran and Kuwait as well as his own people which unnecessarily led to the deaths of millions of people. People can argue all they want about whether or not that's sane behavior, but is it behavior that most people would consider normal behavior?

Now let me jump forward and talk about something that Trump did during his entire time as president. He undermined NATO at almost every opportunity and even threatened to withdraw from the alliance. He continuously charged that the NATO countries were playing us for suckers and that they were taking advantage of us.

Really? NATO is an alliance the the US built, and the US just so happens to be the unquestioned leader of the alliance. It's helped to keep the peace in Europe for over 70 years, and everyone knows that peace is far less expensive than war. Additionally, this peace led to a lot of trade between Europe and the US which greatly benefitted the USA.

So, is it normal for a US leader to undermine the very alliance that 12 previous presidents built and strengthened and has served us so well? I don't think it's normal based on what's in our best national interest. I also don't think it's rational. However, it can be understood coming form a man who doesn't like to share power and who wants complete control which he could not have with an alliance where every country has a say in how the alliance would work. This is very much the same way Trump reacted toward Congress when they wanted to have oversight of the Executive Branch and Trump balked and instructed everyone in his administration to refuse to testify in front of Congressional Committees or comply with their subpoenas for documents.

In other words, Trump's view of NATO was based on his need or desire to have full control which is exactly the way he had approached his businesses for decades when he didn't want to share power or credit with anyone, including his first wife, Ivana. That means that Trump wasn't basing his decision on what was in America's best interests; he was basing it on his own personal needs and desires instead. That's not my idea of a rational leader.
Trump has no history or very little if any of people dying around him or close to him. There are Prog politicians who have had that. Making them questionable or suspicious in it.
Perhaps you should ask that question of the hundreds of thousands of American families who have buried loved ones who died from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related complications even as Trump was downplaying the virus while claiming that the virus was just going to disappear.

And for those who did die of Covid, they can thank the man most responsible for engineering it, fauXI, and the traitor who funded it with us tax dollars, homO.
See what I mean with nutty people? Take Dr. EMH's medical advice only if you want to maximize the chances of getting sick and finding yourself in a hospital which is, after all, kind of what's currently happening in a lot of red states where the vaccination rates are far lower than they are in the blue states.
Not at all. If I find that a person is lying to me or is generally disingenuous in any material way that affects my life, they'll find that they won't be in my life any longer.
I don't blindly trust the media, and there have been plenty of times when I was suspicious of some stories which seemed to be a little too slanted if for no other reasons than the stories appeared to 'editorialize' the reporting a little too much.

Having said that, I admire the media for digging for the truth when the powers that be simply want to conceal the facts and the truth for reasons that are all too often extremely self-serving. I also admire the MSM for doing all they can to verify stories with more than one source and holding back on a story until they can confirm the facts of a story, despite the modern day pressure of running with a story too soon because of the competition of a 24 hour news cycle.

That's far more than what can be said of conservative blogs and websites which seem all too willing to print anything without any regard to what is and isn't true.
Greenwald exposed the media. They repeat what they are told. And they do not check it, just report as fact. It is a narrative and it is not fact based. Period.
If you're referring to Glenn Greenwald, I've read four of his books which I doubt you can claim to have done. He has some pretty decent insights, but he also has a tendency to be somewhat alarmist in his overall observations a little too frequently.

Greenwald referred to what happened on Jan 6 as 'undoubtedly a politically motivated riot.' My guess is you probably would not agree with that assessment.

What he appears to have taken exception to was the initial reporting in the hours immediately following the chaotic day of Jan 6 that Officer Sicknick was murdered as a direct result of being struck by a fire extinguisher despite the fact that the circumstances surrounding his death were later corrected to indicate that Officer Sicknick's death was both a combination of the direct and indirect results of the riot the day before, but that it was not likely the direct result of an assault with a fire extinguisher. That's hardly a wholesale indictment of the press considering that a riot involving hundreds of assailants attacking hundreds of police officers is almost certainly going to result in some initial confusion as to what happened, and how, and when, and why.

It's certainly not a justification for condemning the media as a whole.

View attachment 501527

If you're referring to Glenn Greenwald, I've read four of his books which I doubt you can claim to have done. He has some pretty decent insights, but he also has a tendency to be somewhat alarmist in his overall observations a little too frequently.

Greenwald referred to what happened on Jan 6 as 'undoubtedly a politically motivated riot.' My guess is you probably would not agree with that assessment.

What he appears to have taken exception to was the initial reporting in the hours immediately following the chaotic day of Jan 6 that Officer Sicknick was murdered as a direct result of being struck by a fire extinguisher despite the fact that the circumstances surrounding his death were later corrected to indicate that Officer Sicknick's death was both a combination of the direct and indirect results of the riot the day before, but that it was not likely the direct result of an assault with a fire extinguisher. That's hardly a wholesale indictment of the press considering that a riot involving hundreds of assailants attacking hundreds of police officers is almost certainly going to result in some initial confusion as to what happened, and how, and when, and why.

It's certainly not a justification for condemning the media as a whole.
Yeah, forget about Russia. That huge lie was nothing.

View attachment 501527

Do you know how unethical it is to provide a diagnosis of a public figure without actually seeing them as a patient?
You don't need a shrink to diagnose Trump as a psychopath. All you have to do is attend one of his rallies & listen to him rant & rave for an hour. If you met Trump in a bar & listened to him run his mouth for 10 minutes you'd find a reason to get the hell away from him.
I always found it mystifying why a normal man who is president would go on camera with a gaggle or reporters in attendance and repeatedly state falsehoods which were clearly and demonstrably untrue and do it again, and again, and again, seemingly without a care in the world.

I could understand it if it was a conman who was talking to a far smaller audience and wasn't worried about reporters checking out all his claims and reporting back to his misled customers. But not a president.

In the past, I've heard presidents of both parties misspeak or make claims that are not entirely accurate, but not necessarily intentionally deceptive simply because no president can be well-versed in every aspect of his government.

But with Trump, it was a constant occurrence as if he thought he could create his own reality despite the facts which clearly indicated that what he had said was not true.

The vast majority of people who are honest and care about their credibility would be embarrassed to repeatedly do this, but Trump has never given any indication that it matters to him in the least.

That's simply not the normal behavior of a normal person.

View attachment 501527

I always found it mystifying why a normal man who is president would go on camera with a gaggle or reporters in attendance and repeatedly state falsehoods which were clearly and demonstrably untrue and do it again, and again, and again, seemingly without a care in the world.

I could understand it if it was a conman who was talking to a far smaller audience and wasn't worried about reporters checking out all his claims and reporting back to his misled customers. But not a president.

In the past, I've heard presidents of both parties misspeak or make claims that are not entirely accurate, but not necessarily intentionally deceptive simply because no president can be well-versed in every aspect of his government.

But with Trump, it was a constant occurrence as if he thought he could create his own reality despite the facts which clearly indicated that what he had said was not true.

The vast majority of people who are honest and care about their credibility would be embarrassed to repeatedly do this, but Trump has never given any indication that it matters to him in the least.

That's simply not the normal behavior of a normal person.
Are you speaking about Obama? We are finding out how many things Trump was right about almost daily.

View attachment 501527

What a TDS afflicted moron.

View attachment 501527

People who rise in power are certainly and unquestionably ambitious, but there's no reason to suspect that they're 'crazy' without some kind of evidence to support that kind of belief. And just not liking someone's ideology is not a good enough reason.

When it comes to politicians on the national stage, millions of Americans get a chance on an almost daily basis to watch and listen to presidents conveying their thoughts and ideas to the general public. They can use their life experience and good judgment to assess a person's mental state based on any number of cues.

Like everyone else, there have been presidents, both Republican and Democrat that I've voted for and generally supported, but not necessarily all the time with every decision they made, and there were presidents I didn't vote for. However, in a period of time going back decades, I can't think of any president who was on a ballot when I was old enough to vote who I thought might be disturbed in some way. However, there was ONE candidate whose motives and mental state I did question. That was Ross Perot.

Perot famously stated that his supporters (who were both legion and more than a little bit fanatical) were running the campaign because he claimed it was a campaign that operated 'from the ground up.' However, it was later revealed that his campaign was very much a 'top down' one where all decisions were made at the very top with virtually no input from the base. Unlike Bush 41, Clinton in 1992, or Clinton and Dole later on in 1996, I saw Perot as very possibly being the kind of man who had a strong personal tendency to behave in an autocratic manner if given the reins of power.

In contrast, Trump made Perot look like a life-long dedicated parliamentarian.
Seriously dude...........what a crock of shit. Hitler, Mussolin, Stalin, soros, bezos, Gates, the Khans, Putin, NK KIM Clan, any of a number of religious leaders, Jim Jones, etc. Being Narcisstic, self absorbed, greedy, self serving, sociopaths, has its benefits in gaining power---you aren't held back by any moral boundaries or actual responsibilities hence these are common traits in leaders. OH and good talking able to lead and convince the masses are all signs of habitual liars. Your whatever the fuck he is ---fraud quack whatever is full of shit and is likely lying to try to manipulate demostrating like most of communist socialist libs--he too has mental issues.

Oh and fyi, most people who go into the psych field do so because they have an interest in CRAZY...as they themselves tend to MENTAL issues. Its the same reason why those with medical condition seek out training and professions in the medical field.

View attachment 501527

Academentia

Shrinks are unmanly weaklings, which makes them jealous of a real man like Trump. They use their voodoo science to hide their bitter inferiority with high-sounding psychobabble.
You're psychoanalyzing psychiatrists?
Psychiatry practice while under the influence of Trump Derangement Syndrome is malpractice any way you cut it.

View attachment 501527

Thanks for keeping us on on your boyfriend Trump, Dimmer

View attachment 501527

Microbes Crushed Under the Heel of a Carbon Footprint

No, they can thank the Lethal Lockdown. Before this Green Death, auto emissions, caused by people going to work, had prevented all pandemics since 1919.

The communists are certainly hysterical. They wouldn't be this afraid of Trump if Biden weren't a holocaust.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Anyone who make such overly confident claims of someone's mental health situation from a distance is full of shit. It is never that simple and such thinking can create serious problems down the road.

My father was a Professor in Psychology who ran a mental health business, would tell people you need to make a specific analysis of people suspected of mental health issues, often done through person to person sessions where chosen questions draws out the behavior for analysis and even some medical testing of the patients blood for additional information if it deemed necessary.

Sidewalk phycologists are a common problem and definitely useless, behavioral analysis isn't an easy field for most people to understand and that can backfire badly when they are wrong, which is common.

Trump has Type A personality....
Type A people tend to get things done, and done to perfection. When the doers are dozing, they need someone to wake them up and get them motivated. 🎖️

I agree that an examination and a series of tests would be required to qualify as a diagnosis.

But that doesn't change the fact that medically trained people can observe the public behavior of anyone and reach some tentative conclusions based on that behavior.

As for me, I reached the conclusion that there was something "not quite right" about Trump months before the 2016 election, and that conclusion has only become even more obvious to me in the last five years.

Yes, it does! His observation is invalid.

How anyone could watch Trump's behavior day after day and month after month, and not question his psychological and emotional stability and his state of mind, especially compared to other people they know and interact with in their daily lives, is a mystery that defies explanation.
Anyone who does needs their own psychological and emotional stability evaluated.

Forum List

Back