Food you can't Stand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never had this either. I have a lot more foods to explore apparently.
Hubby is not the most "adventurous" when it comes to food.
Kimchi tastes good but pickled foods are not good for ya. Just sayin.
Because of the salt.....but that’s only if you have high blood pressure.
I saw something about the fermenting process not being good in the end. I like Kimchi but not enough to buy it. I go for raw veggies for the most part.

Get an old copy of the Joy of Cooking, dear. It explains everything so thoroughly anyone can do it that can read.
Try to get the old copy. There is a revised edition available lately and one can tell the difference by looking up "turtle soup." In the later, revised editions that recipe is omitted for animal rights and wildlife preservation/endangered species reasons. Political correctness in cooking.

Get an old copy of the Joy of Cooking, dear. It explains everything so thoroughly anyone can do it that can read.
Try to get the old copy. There is a revised edition available lately and one can tell the difference by looking up "turtle soup." In the later, revised editions that recipe is omitted for animal rights and wildlife preservation/endangered species reasons. Political correctness in cooking.
Yes, some of the newer versions omit the old, old recipes like Indian Pudding which is awesome made with suet, but it's not easy to find, even if you would be willing to eat it.

for the most part with a few exceptions I can't stand sushi

Kidney. It tastes like what someone might imagine how death might taste. I had a London Broil on a cruise ship, It had four or five small samples including a kidney, most were forgettable - the kidney after one small bite was not.

All I have ever had in that line is liver.
Calf liver - did not like....
Chicken liver, much better
I love chicken livers.

I roll them around in flour and then saute them in butter with some sliced mushrooms and garlic until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

And a nice Cianti. Slurpsstststst.

Yellow Mustard

frenchs-mustard.jpeg

I have about ten types of mustard in my fridge...never yellow

for the most part with a few exceptions I can't stand sushi

Kidney. It tastes like what someone might imagine how death might taste. I had a London Broil on a cruise ship, It had four or five small samples including a kidney, most were forgettable - the kidney after one small bite was not.

All I have ever had in that line is liver.
Calf liver - did not like....
Chicken liver, much better
I love chicken livers.

I roll them around in flour and then saute them in butter with some sliced mushrooms and garlic until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

And a nice Cianti. Slurpsstststst.

You forgot the fava beans......
'I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti'

Chorizo I try to like it and have had it a lot because my partner loves it, but I don't like it.
Maybe you had the shitty domestic ones. Try the Spanish import
CZ002_2_lg.jpg

Palacios Chorizo imported to the USA from Spain

"Chorizo" is just the Spanish word for "sausage." There are hundreds of varieties.

Mexican chorizo is very common in California. I personally love it, was raised on it. But I know people from the East and mid-West don't generally care for it.

If you do your own pickling with vinegar and natural spices only I see nothing wrong with them. I mean no preservatives of any kind beside those. Fermented foods are not harmful either, at least I am not aware of any...

Kimchi uses no vinegar. Properly made it is cabbage, salt, and chili. Put in an oak barrel and buried for a month. It is fermented, not pickled.

Sauerkraut of any kind - winner
Sausage of any kind - winner
Potato of any kind - winner

some spuds are better for you though. Sweet potatoes are healthier than yellow or red. All we have are sweet potatoes here, the orange ones are mislabeled yams but they are really soft (orange) vs hard (yellow).

I actually like sweet potatoes. But if given the choice between that and white potatoes with cheese all over the place, well - I would pretty much eat anything with melted cheese on it. I could eat an entire package of Provalone or Pepper Jack

Sauerkraut of any kind - winner
Sausage of any kind - winner

My grandmother used to make the best Sauerkraut
I love almost any kind of sausage......especially home made
Love mashed potatoes with some of the skin still in it

Forum List

Back