Agromafia ~ Mafia copies of fine olive oil, wine and cheese coming from Italy

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
I saw this on 60 minutes , the link has the full story and a news video

Agromafia

Last month, police in Italy nabbed 7,000 tons of phony olive oil. Much of it was bound for American stores. The oil was from North Africa, deodorized with chemicals and rebranded as more expensive Italian extra virgin. The scam was cooked-up by organized crime.

Mafia copies of fine olive oil, wine and cheese have fueled an explosion of food crime in Italy. It's estimated to be a $16 billion-a-year enterprise. The Italians call it "Agromafia"...and it's a scandal for a people whose cuisine is considered a national treasure.

I saw this on 60 minutes , the link has the full story and a news video

Agromafia

Last month, police in Italy nabbed 7,000 tons of phony olive oil. Much of it was bound for American stores. The oil was from North Africa, deodorized with chemicals and rebranded as more expensive Italian extra virgin. The scam was cooked-up by organized crime.

Mafia copies of fine olive oil, wine and cheese have fueled an explosion of food crime in Italy. It's estimated to be a $16 billion-a-year enterprise. The Italians call it "Agromafia"...and it's a scandal for a people whose cuisine is considered a national treasure.

These people have no respect for their own heritage.

I love 'The Godfather' though :wink:

aw , I use lard , bacon grease and butter . Good on food and my boots !!

Forum List

Back