Food you can't Stand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzi, are you ready for this nigiri?
th

I'll try anything.. is this what you are talking about?

View attachment 61286
No the nigiri is the picture.... I posted

Meat has lots of fat in it, even when you don't eat the clearly evident fat on meat.
Depends on the meat and how you define lots. The low fat high carb diet is bad news, fat got a bad rap from mother government.

How old are you ice? You are a totally health nut! You work out too?
61 but I'm immature for my age. Yes, been into the healthy stuff for a long while, ever since seeing the sick folks at the VA hospital I worked at in the late 70s. I stay in shape mostly through work right now but have equipment when needed. I've seen people my age and younger that can barely move.

I look at the body as a vehicle to get through life, you can treat it like shit or take care of it and get around for a long while.

Meat has lots of fat in it, even when you don't eat the clearly evident fat on meat.
Depends on the meat and how you define lots. The low fat high carb diet is bad news, fat got a bad rap from mother government.

How old are you ice? You are a totally health nut! You work out too?
61 but I'm immature for my age. Yes, been into the healthy stuff for a long while, ever since seeing the sick folks at the VA hospital I worked at in the late 70s. I stay in shape mostly through work right now but have equipment when needed. I've seen people my age and younger that can barely move.

I look at the body as a vehicle to get through life, you can treat it like shit or take care of it and get around for a long while.

True, quality of life is important. I need to take better care of my body. I have been lucky so far, but know my luck will run out eventually!

Kimchi tastes good but pickled foods are not good for ya. Just sayin.
If you do your own pickling with vinegar and natural spices only I see nothing wrong with them. I mean no preservatives of any kind beside those. Fermented foods are not harmful either, at least I am not aware of any...

No one in my neck of the woods has ever heard of Kimchi.
One of my biggest hates is canned peas and frozen peas. A lot of people take a perfectly good recipe and ruin it by throwing in peas. They're not bad fresh from the garden coated in heavy cream and butter though.

I think I need to hire an in-house chef.
My mother was a terrible cook, now I have to pay the price! (along with my poor husband!)

No one in my neck of the woods has ever heard of Kimchi.
One of my biggest hates is canned peas and frozen peas. A lot of people take a perfectly good recipe and ruin it by throwing in peas. They're not bad fresh from the garden coated in heavy cream and butter though.
Fresh pees or frozen are good in a stew.

I hate split-pee soup tho.

Actually pickled & fermented foods are good for you & helps the gut PH, similar to yogurts, keifer, etc

I've not actually tried Kimchi because I could never get past the smell. UGH! *cough, gag, shudder*

I think I need to hire an in-house chef.
My mother was a terrible cook, now I have to pay the price! (along with my poor husband!)
Get an old copy of the Joy of Cooking, dear. It explains everything so thoroughly anyone can do it that can read.

Olives, especially green ones
Squash
Brussel sprouts
Sushi tastes okay but I'm not eating raw fish

For those of you that shy away from fat on meat, what do you do for fat? Your body needs it.

It don't mind fat on prime rib...
I highly recommend this book...

The Great Meat Cookbook

It is several hundred pages in fine print. A vast source of knowledge. It belongs in every kitchen.

Forum List

Back